• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry (bringing a live action film to life)

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
If you all did a Devil May Cry movie, how would you see it live action to life?

Like...

Who'd be the perfect Dante and Vergil?

And for Mundus... didn't like the look of DmC's design, if only it was something else.

DmC Part 1:
Cast
- Dante
- Vergil
- Kat
- Mundus - Brad Dourif (he's suited and HE'S EVIL!)
- Lilith
- Phineas

As for the concept... perhaps like the Matrix but in a more demonic look.

Last edited:

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
Oh, I'm definitely down for David as Vergil. Plus, I didn't have to miss his voice that way. Just needs to grow his hair a little longer and make it white. ;-)

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I'd say for DmC I just cast Tim Phillips or Brock Kelly.

For classic I'd cast Reuben Lagdoon, Ian Somerhalder, or Robin Thicke.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
But what if they mix together the classic and the DmC? Cause all THIS... is about Devil May Cry!

Anyways, which of the bad celebs do you think can be suited for Lilith? Cause I don't like DmC's look on Lilith.

Blue_Rose

One way to get yourself shot
But what if they mix together the classic and the DmC? Cause all THIS... is about Devil May Cry!

Anyways, which of the bad celebs do you think can be suited for Lilith? Cause I don't like DmC's look on Lilith.
January Jones for Lilith.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
director- zack snyder
screen writer- james gunn
dante- andrew garfield
vergil- paul dano
trish/eva- olivia wilde
lady- olga kurylenko
phineas- morgan freeman
mundus- mel gibson

for the story, just fuse DmC and DMC3 together. Vergil finds dante, brings him to the order, the order goes to hell to find the lost sword that belonged to sparda, dante finds out what vergil really wants to do (enslave humanity) and confronts him, dante wins and takes the force edge with him, vergil gets trapped in hell after the battle and then he finds mundus, tries to face him, then we get introduced to trish. setting up a sequel either the events of DMC1, a sequel, or leave us with an open ending

Blue_Rose

One way to get yourself shot
director- zack snyder
screen writer- james gunn
dante- andrew garfield
vergil- paul dano
trish/eva- olivia wilde
lady- olga kurylenko
phineas- morgan freeman
mundus- mel gibson

for the story, just fuse DmC and DMC3 together. Vergil finds dante, brings him to the order, the order goes to hell to find the lost sword that belonged to sparda, dante finds out what vergil really wants to do (enslave humanity) and confronts him, dante wins and takes the force edge with him, vergil gets trapped in hell after the battle and then he finds mundus, tries to face him, then we get introduced to trish. setting up a sequel either the events of DMC1, a sequel, or leave us with an open ending
I believe Olga is too muscular and big for Lady. And she's much older.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I think the original series would fare better as an animated feature while DmC is more of the kind of interpretation you'd put up for a live action adaption.

Dante- Justin Chatwin or Tim Phillips

Vergil- Brandon Routh or David De Lautour

Kat-Jennifer Lawrence or Sage Mears

Lillith- Charlize Theron

Mundus- Michael Madsen or Brian Cox

Bob Barbas- James Cann

Phineas- Forest Whitaker or Idris Elba

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Directed by Gareth Evans
-The guy responsible for some of the best action films in recent memory would be perfect in delivering Devil May Cry's over the top action without effing it up with the use of mindless spectacle and shaky cams.

Screenplay by Shane Black.
-Delivering stuff like Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and Lethal Weapon. The dude can deliver great clever quips and action with some witty comedy thrown in the mix he's a natural at. He'd be able to deliver Dante's snark and cocky attitude better than any freaking video game in the series.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
No, I think what Ronin meant was take the best aesthetics of DmC and DMC and create an entirely new universe with it.

For example, instead of Limbo, we could just have hell rise up out of the ground in the form of temen-ni-gru.

However, instead of linking it to hell, it would link to Heaven. Also, no one would be able to see it except Dante and Vergil.

Now... for the controversy.

While Dante could be a cambion (human sorceress/demon hybrid) Vergil could be a pure-blood demon who is Dante's older brother instead of being his twin.

WAIT.

I know that this is "ripping off" of Inuyasha (yet again, since DMC3 already did so in several ways) but this is keeping with the spirit of both DMC3 and DmC at the same time.

There's one thing to note, though:

Vergil's mother, while being a demon, was sentenced to hell because she tried to betray her race: the Angels.

[It happens on a regular basis in the new universe I created, anyway.]

So, before she became a demon, she and Sparda created Vergil.

Thus, the plot twist:

Vergil, who thinks he's a pure demon, finds out at the very end of the game that he's an actually a "cambioneph" (cambion + nephilim), driving him to madness, a nearly unbeatable boss who's always in "Angel Trigger" mode.

Imagine that: A final boss battle to end all boss battles in DMC.

A "triggered" Vergil, who's always healing, and can never be stunned. Magnificent.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't blame you guys for having a problem with this; it's probably the only thing that would be more controversial than DmC, anyway.

But I like my idea; I think I'll even write a fanfic for it.

Or better yet, just create my own cast of characters while people accuse me of ripping of DMC.

[And in turn, those very same people being oblivious of DMC ripping off of Blade/Symphony of the Night/Inuyasha/Grandia II etc.]

----------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

Now, you're probably asking, "what's the tradeoff?"

Well, Blade has his human aging as his weakness,

Alucard is weak against holy weapons (Richter, a mere (holy-powered) human, would've been able to defeat him had he tried hard enough) and water (maybe he bathed in alcohol??) before his Metroidvania power up,

DMC Dante isn't as strong as Mundus (and also human aging),

Nero has no access to demon arms except Yamato (and can only use it while in DT mode -- and like DMC Dante, a human aging weakness),

DmC Dante has mortality (he and Vergil are capable of dying, whist angels and demons are immortal as long as they're tethered to their perspective "nether-realms") and aren't as physically strong as pure angels or demons; their only "benefit" is that they can only go wherever purebloods can't -- and are also capable of defeating Mundus by closing off the hell gate and destroying the Limbo Realm.

So, I think we should include similar weaknesses in the brothers in this "new" devil may cry universe:

Dante ages, and isn't as strong as Vergil.

Vergil isn't as strong as Angels or demons, but is stronger than Dante himself and can go places that Dante cannot, therefore, achieving a balance between all four characters: Sparda, his first angelic traitor wife (Vergil's mother), his second human sorceress wife Eva (Dante's mother), and the brothers themselves (who are no longer twins, but have different frames of mind and different forms of training to go along with that).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

DWC: Devils Will Cry

[This is keeping in spirit of the lowercase "m" in "DmC" --

-- I just flipped it upside down, creating a "W" -- clever, isn't it? :D]

Last edited:

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
I believe Olga is too muscular and big for Lady. And she's much older.
yeah. but most of these actors are well into their late 20's/early 30's so i can see olga doing well. plus she's not really all that big. the pictures i've seen her in...she's nice for the role...niiiiiiiiiceeeee *perv mode activated*

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
yeah. but most of these actors are well into their late 20's/early 30's so i can see olga doing well. plus she's not really all that big. the pictures i've seen her in...she's nice for the role...niiiiiiiiiceeeee *perv mode activated*
I also have my own version of Devil May Cry I thought up. Be on the look out for Chapter 1 aka Mission 1 in the forums very soon!
What do you two think of the 'universe' that I came up with?

Last edited:
Top Bottom