• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 2........why you so bad?

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
ya know what i mean, the first thing that got me was how vertical the combat was, second was his jacket, its similar to the diesel jacket, the colors are kinda the same and it just seems like his personality is the same. I can see him flippin a coin to kill demons in DmC. (thats if his mom is still alive)

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
Also, in Devil May Cry 2 you can play as either Dante or Lucia. In Devil May Cry 4, you can play as Dante and Nero. No other Devil May Cry game, except Devil May Cry 2 and Devil May Cry 4, lets you play through different parts/levels as other characters except Dante.
Technically 3 but seein as Vergil had the exact same stages as Dante (minus cutscenes excluding his intro) I see why you omitted it (workin on my vocabulary, howzit sound? XD)

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Technically 3 but seein as Vergil had the exact same stages as Dante (minus cutscenes excluding his intro) I see why you omitted it (workin on my vocabulary, howzit sound? XD)

I thought someone might mention that. Yes, that is exactly why I did leave it out. You only play the same stages. I was talking about different stages/levels, as you are aware. Oh, it's coming along nicely by the way :p

Eric

Great Demon King of Evil
I honestly like it, but I'm probably biased because it was my first DMC and introduced me to the series with it's easier combat.
It's my favorite of the games. (Don't shoot me)
One reason would be that it introduced me to the series, but over all i though it was a great game.
The final boss was all i could hope for.
I thought Argosax was more of a challenge then Mundus, even in DMD.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
It's my favorite of the games. (Don't shoot me)
One reason would be that it introduced me to the series, but over all i though it was a great game.
The final boss was all i could hope for.
I thought Argosax was more of a challenge then Mundus, even in DMD.

Indeed, I agree with that statement except for the very last one. I had a hell of a time fighting Mundus.

Asmodaius

DMC1 was claimed to be the hardest game of all when played on DMD mode, back when it was released.
DMC2 wasn't. Actually, many complained (and still do) about it being that much easier.

So Eric, it sounds like you are just good at DMC1, but sucks at DMC2. XD
How that is possible is beyond me though...

Eric

Great Demon King of Evil
I respect you, man. XD I get my ass kicked by the lowly Death Scissors, and you take out the emperor of the underworld like he's a common Marionette.
Mundus was fun to fight though.... easy for me, but fun.

DMC1 was claimed to be the hardest game of all when played on DMD mode, back when it was released.
DMC2 wasn't. Actually, many complained (and still do) about it being that much easier.

So Eric, it sounds like you are just good at DMC1, but sucks at DMC2. XD
How that is possible is beyond me though...
I never said DMC2 was hard.... i just said that Argosax provided a better challenge in his final form then Mundus.

Last edited by a moderator:

Asmodaius

Argosax was pretty easy. There's an angle he can't hit you with anything, so just standing there and shooting at him until he's dead is quite effective.

Unless you mean the unisex demon you fight afterwards. "The Despair Embodied"...

Eric

Great Demon King of Evil
Argosax was pretty easy. There's an angle he can't hit you with anything, so just standing there and shooting at him until he's dead is quite effective.

Unless you mean the unisex demon you fight afterwards.

I was talking about his final form. (The Despair Embodied)
His first form was easy for me. (I did find it a bit annoying at first but not hard)

Eric

Great Demon King of Evil
Ah okay. Yeah, that can be tricky indeed, but I wouldn't consider it hard...
Well it is not really all that hard.... i'm just saying that i found it more of a challenge then Mundus.
Mundus was just too easy to beat and Argosax was harder because he could transport all over the place and he was much quicker then Mundus.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
Well it is not really all that hard.... i'm just saying that i found it more of a challenge then Mundus.
Mundus was just too easy to beat and Argosax was harder because he could transport all over the place and he was much quicker then Mundus.
I actually thought Mundus was harder to beat. Argosax in the blob form was too easy *lean back with a rocket launcher or SMG* :D

Top Bottom