• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Decent metal?

Janny

Dines with dementia
By that weird title I mean that I'm looking for nice metal/black metal bands that don't write songs just for the sake of screaming out blasphemies or whatever. I don't really care about what they sing as long as the song is decent, has a beat, something! I've recently come across Deathspell Omega and I love their electric guitar lines, that's what I consider a decent band, I guess.

Rant aside, I suppose I'm just asking for suggestions, so post away as many as possible! ^_^

Bad Wolf

32 flavors and then some
One word: NIGHTWISH. :D

Also, seconding the Disturbed love. David Draiman's voice is amazing.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Hmmm i will add the list of Metal that im listening to at the moment though none is Black Metal (ironic as 3 of the bands have black in their names). Also Disturbed have a new album coming out June 3rd called Indestructible. Good suggestions by others too. ^_^

Black Tide (hard to believe the band is so young)
Black Stone Cherry
Bullet For My Valentine
Avenged Sevenfold

Old School Style

Megadeth
Metallica
Dream Theater
Symphony X
Black Label Society

Two tracks from the new album

Disturbed - Inside the Fire

Disturbed- Perfect Insanity (Indestructible remake)

Id never really heard of Deathspell Omega but after typing it into Amazon the other suggested bands were:

Blut Aus Nord
Negura Bunget
Wolves in the Throne Room
Agalloch
Emperor
Enslaved
Leviathan
Gorgoroth

On a youtube video i recently noticed (in someones opinion) the top 10 bands were listed as:

10. Behexen
9. Satanic Warmaster
8. Darkthrone
7. Limbonic Art
6. Dimmu Borgir
5. Burzum
4. Satyricon
3. Windir
2. Mayhem
1. Deathspell Omega (You know already)

However having heard none of the Amazon suggested bands or those listed on that youtube video i couldnt tell you what they are like so i dont know their particular style.

satan

I am Joe
Bad Wolf;88998 said:
One word: NIGHTWISH. :D

Also, seconding the Disturbed love. David Draiman's voice is amazing.

nightwish is the best freakin band ever cause they got there soft rock e.g. sleeping sun, eva, M.O.H. and they got there heavy rock e.g. kinslayer, master passin greed, slaying the dreamer. and then there's tarja's classical voice along with toumus's classicaly trained mad piano skills.

rep for you:D

Top Bottom