• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Darksiders III

Erian1Mortal

Premium
it can be what u said. but im not so sure.

Let me explain what made me think that this is a sequel,

the watcher was following councils order. when Azreal revealed what happened war said "my duty to council is ended". he proved his innocence right there. but then watcher forced him to execute what council intend to do. their intention was to kill the destroyer and not to break the seventh seal and in the end he broke the seal against council's will and kill the watcher. which is definitely an act against the council. later Uriel said "You will be haunted. the white city for certain. the council and there will be others. will you wage this war alone?"

it clearly stated that the council clearly has reason to punish War even after he proved his innocence.

but still which makes no sense the four horsemen gathered at the end of darksiders. but why War still ended up in council's chain.

i guess we will have to wait and find out
i was thinking about putting a spoiler tag but then i thought it's a 7 years old game.

True, I guess it's a wait and see, my bet is on it being set in the same timeframe as the 2nd game currently, simply because it makes the most sense and let's new players jump in more easily.

I think most websites who reported on the game said that the game is around the same timeframe as Darksiders 2. Fury is tasked by the Charred Council to go after the seven deadly sins(?) while death goes on his personal quest and Strife does something....

I'm hoping Strife does have a role in the game even thought I'm guessing they are gonna save him to be the playable character for the next game. I'm not asking him to be playable but he could be a quest chain or something.

I sure hope strife gets some story time, I mean we still don't know how is gun ended up in the makers world in Darksiders 2.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I hope Strife will have conflict within himself like the Prince of Persia in The Two Thrones. He's always been an uncaring bastard to his family. But he'll learn to be caring and loving to his siblings.

The White Rider of Conquest... and Pestilence.
those are cool ideas but I'm not sure I want them to make another interquel. At this point I just wanna see all 4 of them together taking on the charred council or whoever the true villain is.

I sure hope strife gets some story time, I mean we still don't know how is gun ended up in the makers world in Darksiders 2.

I think he and fury are supposed to be fraternal twins so that could be fun to play with.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Really thrilled to hear about a Darksiders III being in the works. I've only played through about 50% of the campaign of the first two games, but I really enjoyed what I saw (experienced?) during that time.

Not sure if I'm liking what I'm seeing so far of Fury and her mission... hmm.

I'm actually much preferring what you guys are suggesting for Strife. DMC fans' Strife storyline > all

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
@Z218 Well, it's to my understanding that it's an interquel set between Darksiders I and II or something. As I haven't completed Darksiders II yet I don't really know if it's left on a cliffhanger or not, but it would have been nice to carry on from there. Dunno really. The seven deadly sins angle doesn't really grab me, but I'm also not a hardcore fan, so those that are might lap it up.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Steve Powell In Darksiders 1 War is accused of setting off the apocalypse and spends 100 years imprisoned for it. Darksiders 2 and 3 take place during that 100 year gap. I'm guessing Death's journey, Fury's and probably Strife's happens parallel to another.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Man this reminds me of the time I first saw Darksiders 1, in the alpha / Beta stage. War was still more like a cyborg and had that darkblue hoodie. Good times, wish I could find that video.

Top Bottom