• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dark Sector Game Review Enquiry

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Hey so i recently did dark sector on brutal mode last week and for a little history lesson on myself that game was the first game i played on my first purchased xbox 360 and for me i fell in love with the game all over again lol it was just so much fun for me but i was wondering that game is always 4.99+hst i wonder why it sells so low all the time? has anyone else here played it? do you know how the reviews were? im just curious how such a fun game seems to be so cheap is it just because it was made so long ago and actually im wondering the same thing about the game bionic commando another fun game which i played years ago and still have fun with lol bionic camando reminded me so much of crackdown but it was much more fun and dark sector was like silent hill meets resident evil except you got powers as well i cant see why there always dead cheap i mean assassins creed 1 was years ago and even that game is over 10.00+hst at any pawn store same with the first iron man game

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
it averaged a 7 in ratings sometimes lower but never higher and it just wasnt popular and to be honest bionic commando was the same people just weren‘t overly into the games i know i wasnt for sure and neither were any of my gaming friends

Maxman

Dunno bout Bionic Commando, But I LOVED Dark Sector, Dayumn, that game was da **** ! Doing Sexy Executions and DECAPACITATING, Dayumn, WHY AIN'T DIGITAL EXTREMES DOIN' A GODAMN SEQUEL ?

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
it averaged a 7 in ratings sometimes lower but never higher and it just wasnt popular and to be honest bionic commando was the same people just weren‘t overly into the games i know i wasnt for sure and neither were any of my gaming friends

I figured it couldnt have done too bad in reviews and ya i alot of people didnt liek it but i loved that game it was so much fun it was creepy and erie but also extreme and you really had to plan a lot of the levels

Dunno bout Bionic Commando, But I LOVED Dark Sector, Dayumn, that game was da **** ! Doing Sexy Executions and DECAPACITATING, Dayumn, WHY AIN'T DIGITAL EXTREMES DOIN' A GODAMN SEQUEL ?

I KNOW RIGHT!!!!!! I WOULD LOVE A SEQUEL IT WAS SUCH A GOOD GAME I ONLY GOT THE GHOST ACHIEVEMENT THE OTHER DAY I LOVE DISAPEARING AND THEN EXECUTING LOL

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
brutal was okay didn't have any problems with it there are very few games that made me rage but games that frustrate me are the ones i love to play

Martius

SSSmokin!
It felt like standard third person shooter. Nothing special, not bad and not good. Too bad devs changed story, their first idea was different and more interesting. This is trailer from earlier game version
Well at least it was used later for Warframe, pretty good f2p third person shooter.

I KNOW RIGHT!!!!!! I WOULD LOVE A SEQUEL IT WAS SUCH A GOOD GAME I ONLY GOT THE GHOST ACHIEVEMENT THE OTHER DAY I LOVE DISAPEARING AND THEN EXECUTING LOL
Check the Warframe then.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
It felt like standard third person shooter. Nothing special, not bad and not good. Too bad devs changed story, their first idea was different and more interesting. This is trailer from earlier game version
Well at least it was used later for Warframe, pretty good f2p third person shooter.

Check the Warframe then.

ill take a look

Martius

SSSmokin!
By the way, there is glaive weapon in Warframe.
GlaiveNEWSitem.jpg

Have fun.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
never broke an xbox controller but went through 7 on ps2 in my teens

figured lol ive gone through a few but not through rage quits just over use

By the way, there is glaive weapon in Warframe.
GlaiveNEWSitem.jpg

Have fun.

Thats awsome lol ill def look it up but it wasnt just the glaive it was the character the levels the story the gameplay the guns the upgrades everything just made it a great game but ill check this one out too

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman

Check the Warframe then.

i just looked it up i guess i know what game ill be buying myself the min im done with the ones i have that game looks incredible thanks for the info

Martius

SSSmokin!
Thats awsome lol ill def look it up but it wasnt just the glaive it was the character the levels the story the gameplay the guns the upgrades everything just made it a great game but ill check this one out too
Well, Warfame is made by same studio so i suppose it will have some similarities to Dark Sector.
For example one of the warframes (suits which have different stats and abilities, pretty much they define your class and role) is very similar to suit from Dark Sector.
excalibur.jpg

You can carry one gun, one pistol (or twin set) and one melee weapon. There is pretty good upgrading system for both warframes and weapons.
It feels for me like it is what Dark Sector was supposed to be, at least in term of gameplay and visual design. Its also focused on mobility, you can run on walls, slide etc (and usually you can still shoot or use melee weapon while doing that).

Last edited:

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Well, Warfame is made by same studio so i suppose it will have some similarities to Dark Sector.

Its pretty much the same just in space with a multiplayer element :) im gunna love playing this with my fiance

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
For example one of the warframes (suits which have different stats and abilities, pretty much they define your class and role) is very similar to suit from Dark Sector.
excalibur.jpg

You can carry one gun, one pistol (twin set) and one melee weapon. There is pretty good upgrading system for both warframes and weapons.

NVM..its for ps4 they didnt even release it for the 360..those bastards

Martius

SSSmokin!
NVM..its for ps4 they didnt even release it for the 360..those bastards
There is beta on pc for long time right now. There are system requirements on their site https://warframe.com/faq

The minimum specs for Warframe are:
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo e6400 or AMD Athlon x64 4000+ (~2.2Ghz dual core CPU)
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT or ATI Radeon HD 3600
DirectX: 9.0c
Hard Drive: 5 GB free HD space

For DirectX11:
Graphics: AMD 5000 series or Nvidia 400 series or higher

To use Nvidia APEX PhysX:
Nvidia Graphics Card with 1G of video RAM
Driver Version 310.90 or higher

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
There is beta on pc for long time right now. There are system requirements on their site https://warframe.com/faq

Thanks but i dont play games on the pc...and as much as i want to play it i hate trophies lol im an xbox till i die still it be nice to have something new to play with the miss's ill have to think about a ps4

Martius

SSSmokin!
Thanks but i dont play games on the pc...and as much as i want to play it i hate trophies lol im an xbox till i die still it be nice to have something new to play with the miss's ill have to think about a ps4
From what I can remember it supports playing with 360 pad so you could give it a try.

Top Bottom