• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante's mood change.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
[quote="Sparda's rejected son, post: 318711, member: 16117"Also why do you think Dante adopted The Joker's coin flip?

Let the discussion begin. :cool:
The coin wasn't jokers
It was two faces >:O
images
[/quote]
??? Huh? :eek:

berto

I Saw the Devil
Dear forums pals why do you think Dante's attitude changed from a wise cracking Devil Hunter to a quiet one line Devil Hunter? Also why do you think Dante adopted The Joker's coin flip?

Did Dante became depressed?
Did Dante just grow up?
Or was it just the blunders of the creators of DMC2?

Let the discussion begin. :cool:
I will stick with my original and only point of view on this: Bad writing.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Actually I thought this was just how Dante was, because DMC2 was my first DMC game.

So I didn't think much of it at first. Then I played DMC1 and saw the gulf of difference. And it made more sense to me that Dante was slightly more cocky and carefree since he's half demon, AND that he actually cared and got emotional. The demon half wouldn't give a damn, would be violent, would go off the rails, like to enjoy himself, and the human half would have compassion and certain human weaknesses. Dante of 2 didn't have much of any of those apart from the violence and the not seeming to be ruffled by anything.

If you want to try to come up with some reason for his 'change', eh, knock yourself out guys. But I can't think of one at all that doesn't imply Dante just gave up on hope or his old spark died or whatever.

KtWtWiS43

I'd rather not try to justify bad writing to make sense of a Dante that shouldn't exist. But if it helps ease your mind better, take what you like about Dante and realize that what makes him such a poor character in DMC2 was that the developer CAPCOM wanted to rush a new DMC game into production, just to make a quick buck. When monetary gain succeeds art, you don't have to treat it as such, and canon becomes blurry.

I made a comment on an earlier thread like this, where I stated that due to the constantly shifting roles and development teams, external from the game and storyline itself, I tend to see each game as a piece of the puzzle. Like different interpretations or different stories they all are an amalgamation, if you will, which when seen as a whole comprise the legend of Dante. As with all stories, there is part fact and part fiction. Work with what you like the best, and what you feel brings the character to light in the most original and complete way for you. You may just find yourself ignoring the fact that DMC2 Dante is poorly written and instead see how it may reflect a different side of Dante or a different interpretation

Top Bottom