• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante....

Rend

Necromancer
i just saw the screen shots over at gamepro, and it got images of Dante during gameplay even fighting Belial but at closer inspection it looks like he fights him in the same place as Nero....do you think it will be like dmc 3:se where when u play as Vergil it's Dante's levels just with vergil? cause it looks that way....but either way....those images of dante gameplay are wicked....i just hope his campaign is different from Nero's

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I have thought 3 different things about it. The obvious one is that the game is like DMC3:SE/or you unlock Dante for every mission after the end.
The 2nd is that Nero couldn't actually finish him off, and Berial managed to survive after Nero left, so when Dante came, he tried the usual(poor Berial:p )
The 3rd is that thing the said that you can skip bosses. If the player skipped the boss with Nero, maybe he got a different storyline/chance to finish him off with Dante.

I could be wrong with each one of those though. The picture could be just because in the start they weren't sure if they would make Dante or Nero fight Berial or sth.
Let's wait and see^_^

IloveVergil

Demon a$$-kicker
You guys got a point,I hope it is either of Tony's last two suggestions, playing Vergil in DMC:SE without any storyline totally ****ed me off and I don't want to relive that experience with Dante.

pinky750

Sir Fretalot
hopefully it's like lucia in dmc2- some of the bosses and levels were the same, but she had her own storyline (barely) and some of her own levels.

Lady_0989

#1 For Goodies
You guys are all wrong, they didnt have Dantes levels created yet so they just used Nero's to show Dante off;)

Chrysander

Yeah, that's what I thought. They're just showing Dante's abilities, but within Nero's levels. However, I hope that even if they do have separate games, you can play through both games with each character, just extra challenge and longer game life.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
That rises a question though...
Are they really going to give Dante Missions in places different than Nero's or they are going to stick with more of what they have already made..?:huh:
Although the landscapes etc. do look awesome for both of them:p

Rend

Necromancer
Are they really going to give Dante Missions in places different than Nero's or they are going to stick with more of what they have already made..?
Although the landscapes etc. do look awesome for both of them

well some places can be the same just different objectives for each character...but there might be some places only accessible to Dante or Nero respectively...

pinky750

Sir Fretalot
Rend;37336 said:
well some places can be the same just different objectives for each character...but there might be some places only accessible to Dante or Nero respectively...

like lucia from dmc2 like i said.

Arwen

Lost Soul
I don't think they would bother giving dante different locations. They didn't with lucia or vergil. Shame really.

pinky750

Sir Fretalot
Dalkin;37358 said:
I don't think they would bother giving dante different locations. They didn't with lucia or vergil. Shame really.

lucia had SOME locations that were different and she had her own enemies and bosses.

Arwen

Lost Soul
True but not very many different locations. I forgot about the bosses. :lol: I don't think they'll go as far as they did with RE2 though.

SpArAda1127

Rebirth
ok look buy the new psm magazine it's dmc4 exclusive i saw it but couldn't buy it...oh and who is belial?
what i believe is that you start off with both characters from the begining of the game and choose who you want to use then you can start the others whenever you want...is that better?:p

chesta

hey tony redgrave that are very cool speculations

i have seen a interview with the producer of dmc4 and he had said that you play dante in different ways as nero so for example in the first part of the game you play nero in the second dante in the third nero and so on...

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
From what I know, Dante will have lot's of powers from the begging of the game. With "Nero" they make the game easy and enjoyable from the start, so it's not boring, since Dante supposedly can make it ridiculously easy, with all those powers.
So when the game reach a kind of more difficult part we'll get to use Dante;)

pinky750

Sir Fretalot
chesta;37579 said:
hey tony redgrave that are very cool speculations

i have seen a interview with the producer of dmc4 and he had said that you play dante in different ways as nero so for example in the first part of the game you play nero in the second dante in the third nero and so on...

that'll be a good way to play it actually!

Catalyst

Sacred Knight
Rend;37158 said:
i just saw the screen shots over at gamepro, and it got images of Dante during gameplay even fighting Belial but at closer inspection it looks like he fights him in the same place as Nero....do you think it will be like dmc 3:se where when u play as Vergil it's Dante's levels just with vergil? cause it looks that way....but either way....those images of dante gameplay are wicked....i just hope his campaign is different from Nero's

There are some speculation that Dante's and Nero's storyline are different. Like Dante take's a different path than nero but he versus the same enimies and bosses as Nero.

And I hope Capcom does this, they would make a Co-op version of DMC4 where it is too players (Player 1 as nero while Player 2 as Dante)
Now that would be crazy!!:D

Chrysander

As Dante and Nero aren't brothers, that means they can do it without it being weird right? Let's hope so

Top Bottom