• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

dante vs. ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeroxAngelo

Isn't Akuma the big tan guy from street fighter with the fire hair?
Edit: also wouldn't mind seeing a big three headed demon reminiscent of Dante Alighieri's Lucifer, call him Myoujou (japenese for morning star) although DMC seems to shy away from the massive biblical undertones that the divine comedy had. Although this is a gritty reboot so idk if I can hope for big colorful bosses like in the old games. lets just hope if they add nero and vergil they don't look as ugly

Isn't Akuma the big tan guy from street fighter with the fire hair?
Edit: also wouldn't mind seeing a big three headed demon reminiscent of Dante Alighieri's Lucifer, call him Myoujou (japenese for morning star) although DMC seems to shy away from the massive biblical undertones that the divine comedy had. Although this is a gritty reboot so idk if I can hope for big colorful bosses like in the old games. lets just hope if they add nero and vergil they don't look as ugly
Adding Nero, is this what you want in this Reboot?.....Nero wouldn't fit at all.
If they add Nero then they have to add Kyrie just to turn him on (excuse me).

It would be nice though to see the old Dante/Vergil rivalry, although I don't think it would happen.

NeroxAngelo

Adding Nero, is this what you want in this Reboot?.....Nero wouldn't fit at all.

It would be nice though to see the old Dante/Vergil rivalry, although I don't think it would happen.
Never said I wanted it, like I never wanted more star wars movies, but they happened and they were crap. I'm just hoping if ninja theory decides to add in other characters from the game they do them justice, and not make it like that last scene in revenge of the sith where darth vader screams no and star wars dies forever

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda

well they could add him and totally change his story like the most of dante's is

DeamonslayeR

You know Dante's story in the new DmC? O.O
Tell me please.
well no but u didnt understand my cmnt i meant they've changed him most probably his story to cuz he's half demon and angel because its a reboot so they can change nero's as well and add him in the game

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Adding Nero wouldnt really change anything because he would be a child. Unless NT change that. And Dante story could be about alot of things. Im still thinking its about revenge and the loss of him mother. Maybe if he escapes from the hospital his memory is erased and he was told that he has no family. dunno tho

well no but u didnt understand my cmnt i meant they've changed him most probably his story to cuz he's half demon and angel because its a reboot so they can change nero's as well and add him in the game
What is the point of implementing a lame copy of Dante in the reboot?
Would you like to see Nero in the reboot?
Reboot is meant to refresh the series not to implement characters that were useless to the franchise.
Bringing Nero in is one step down and would be a huge disappointment (at least for me).
I know these are harsh words but in my opinion Nero was made just to expand the fanbase aka commercial success and the result was more plotholes.

DeamonslayeR

yeah dude i knwo nero isnt that awesome i dont even like him but it's a possibility to add him and change him and its actually neroxangelo's opinion i just stated it could be or maybe couldnt be possible

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@wallE156-
The main problem with your character is that she seems to much like dante to justify putting her in the game as a playable character so try giving her a new weapon or power that sets her apart from Dante. Give her fire powers or a spear or something. Reminds me of Trish tho.

@Wallenb-
Cool idea, that would be an interesting character. That would be a cool way to bring Nero in cause you could revamp him to be like that and give him black robes and call him Hei which is Chinese for black.

@kammojutsu-
That's a cool boss for the sequel.

Nero wasn't a character we needed in the original series and he isn't really needed in the reboot. I rather they concentrate on bringing in characters with a wider net. Bring characters from the spinoff novels/manga or the anime and revamp them. I want to see Enzo.

Kammosjuttu

^I'd like to see Goldstein. She was great. xD

Edit: Grue was nice, too. Would be kind of like a father figure for Dante in the same kind of sense like Goldstein served as a substitute mother for him.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
since it is supposed to be his origin, it would be a good idea to bring them in. You could win fan support that way by showing that you did some research on the lore and unify Dante's existing and conflicting origins.

Kammosjuttu

since it is supposed to be his origin, it would be a good idea to bring them in. You could win fan support that way by showing that you did some research on the lore and unify Dante's existing and conflicting origins.

Yeah. I just re-read the first novel again, and it was better than I remembered it to be. So, if DmC had some stuff in it that's taken from the novel, it'd be cool, and like you said, it would win some fan support for sure.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm not saying make new characters, I rather see them fulfill roles that preexisting characters can't fill.
Like for example, morrison' s role in the anime could have been filled by enzo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom