• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DANTE; protagonist, half-devil, hypocrite, maniac. (and some other stuff)

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Denver was a guy who pursued Dante in novel, but Dante, instead of killing Denver and finish off the troubles he caused, he killed all Denver's men, 99 times.

Actually he dodged Denvers' attacks, and unfortunately, Denvers' men got caught in the proverbial "cross fire" as a result. In short, Dante didn't do the killing of those men; his self-preservation in evading the attacks (and Denvers' poor marksmanship) are to blame for their deaths.

Why he does that?Why couldn't he solve the situation in a merciful way?Whatever, but nobody can't say Dante doesn't kill humans and Anime is quite based in DMC1 novel.

I said in the games he didn't; I said the novels aren't considered entirely canon. :/ He never killed a human in the Anime, either.

Supposedly Dante follows Sparda's rules,but what rules? That is the question.Apparently he doesn't know his father very well.What he knows he learnt from others and it seems he is not too fond of his father.DMC1 says he becomes a mercenary to get revenge for his mother, not because of his father's doings, unless other media says otherwise.

He had more than just avenging his mom in mind. That certainly is a main factor, but there were other reasons, as well.

In episode 8 of anime Dante was " forced" by Patty too.In fact most of the time he just does anything if "forced" by Patty, Morrison or Lady.Rarely he does that just because.

None of the people mentioned can force Dante to do something unless he was already planning on doing it, anyway. Like I said, a lot of his hesitation is likely for show. If he really didn't want to take on a case, he wouldn't do it, period.

If Trish didn't take Sparda with her, he probably wouldn't do anything.In fact, the impression I got from the scene was Dante called Trish to put Lady out of the office.Trish is the only person Dante seems to respect and handle with care.To all the others he acts as a jerk most of the time, even with the mild mannered Morrison.

If Trish was meant to keep Lady out of the office, she did a **** poor job. Sorry, but a lot of that is merely speculation on your part. There's no way for anyone to prove one way or another what he would or wouldn't have done. Just sayin', it comes down to perspective.

All that being said, I think neromaycry regrets ever having created this thread. O_O I'm not sure why; it allowed people to converse civilly, even if we didn't all agree (which would be naïve to expect in the first place).

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Did you really need to post that last part?

You know for someone who "respects other people's opinions" you sure do like to do the opposite.

And why did you bump a 5 month old topic lol?

Just in case you guys are wondering me and him are in the middle of a pm discussion and he just felt the overwhelming urge to slander me to the point that he would come here and bump such a old topic to do so.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
It was necessary.

People need to know what kind of person you are. And yes, I am insinuating, here.

You asked me to find proof anyway, so that's what I did.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
It was necessary.

People need to know what kind of person you are. And yes, I am insinuating, here.

You asked me to find proof anyway, so that's what I did.

But as I said in the pm this was not necessary nor does it help you out really since you bumped a 5 month old topic with the sole purpose of causing a confrontation with me despite the fact we where discussing within pms.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
But as I said in the pm this was not necessary nor does it help you out really since you bumped a 5 month old topic with the sole purpose of causing a confrontation with me despite the fact we where discussing within pms.
Alrighty then.

Like I said in PM, I won't be posting here anymore.

seraphmaycry

i'm not going to even read the recent posts on this thread, it was stupid, i claim responsibility for that, no pretend this thread never existed and let's all go live in our own happy delusions forever.

TonyRedgraveDMC

Can some people get banned or suspended please? The topic at hand is fairly relevant when allowed to be, but personal issues between users is getting in the way. Anyway, I always thought his password was "Devils Never Cry" in response to "Devil May Cry". My only issue is the "Devils Never Cry" thing. Like with Lucia: Her being figuratively human was enough to overwrite her being a demon? What exactly makes these demons or devils special in that way? While there were more respectable demons (Cerberus, Agni, Rudra, Phantom, Griffin, etc) all the criers were either half-human, made intrinsically humanoid, or man-made, so PURE devils never cry, but metaphorically non-devil devils can... Am I the only one confused by this?

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Can some people get banned or suspended please? The topic at hand is fairly relevant when allowed to be, but personal issues between users is getting in the way.

Its best to check the date before replying to a issue.

That happened almost 2 weeks ago, and me and Frost settled it (with the staff present) at that time.

Top Bottom