• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante or Nero?

Who's gameplay are you more excited for?

• Dante

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • Nero

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
Who's gameplay are you more excited for? Please no flame wars just say who you think you'll have more fun playing as and why.:thumbsup:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I’m going to say I’m more looking forward to Dante and that kickass motorbike-weapon hybrid thingy of his.

Hell yeah!

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
Nero cause I'm really feeling his design and character, Dante while I do like the way they're implementing him in 5 I could do without him for a few games. tbh.
Honestly I feel the same. It's not because I don't like Dante it's just that I can actually see Nero carrying a game. I mean that seems to be where they're going anyway

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Both, but for different reasons.

Nero adds something new to the series. New look, new arm(s) new abilities, and a new style of devil hunting that makes me wonder why Dante didn't think of doing it. Traveling devil hunting would've been so much smarter than staying in dingy old office that barely gets enough revenue to keep the lights on. Plus, I'm willing to give Nero another chance since he's finally become his own character instead of Dante's clone.

Meanwhile, Dante is another one I look forward to because of nostalgia. Plus he now looks like a classic!Dante I can take seriously since DMC2. No more J-rock design, or over-the-top cowboy chaps. Just dressed in what he can realistically afford and kicking demon ass. I also like the way rebellion now looks; more sleeker and slimmer.

Nero cause I'm really feeling his design and character, Dante while I do like the way they're implementing him in 5 I could do without him for a few games. tbh.
I kind of agree.
I feel like Capcom is pretty much burnt out of Dante-centered stories and want to branch out to do other stories with Nero. To be honest, it's not a bad idea. Keep passing on the generations. Who knows, maybe the next Devil May Cry could be about Dante's aforementioned son from DMC1, killing Mundus once and for all.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Tough to say but if Co-op is implemented whoever gets stuck with Nero got the shorter end of the stick. Dante can switch between his tools frelly no problem while Nero players must be careful not to break their arms or run out or else they'll be handicapped to a Dante player but Nero does have more overpowered moves with his BreakAge attacks but I guess skill level comes into play and mode balance. If Co-Op is some competitive mode like Bayonetta yea Nero might have a bad time.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I don't mind a new lead taking over but Nero isn't that guy to me. He never grew out of being imitation of Dante nor do the changes in V help him shake that off. So far he just feels the same.

The arm does look cool but its not gonna top the motorcycle.

DarkSlayerVergil

I don't mind a new lead taking over but Nero isn't that guy to me. He never grew out of being imitation of Dante nor do the changes in V help him shake that off. So far he just feels the same.

The arm does look cool but its not gonna top the motorcycle.
I'm curious as what makes you still think of Nero as a kick-off Dante. The changes he got in 5 really sells the whole "rough around the edges" thing he has going on unlike in 4 where Nero just looks like he just stepped out of a boy-band machine much like 3Dante. Different strokes I guess.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm curious as what makes you still think of Nero as a kick-off Dante. The changes he got in 5 really sells the whole "rough around the edges" thing he has going on unlike in 4 where Nero just looks like he just stepped out of a boy-band machine much like 3Dante. Different strokes I guess.
So far Nero's changes just feel cosmetic than a genuine character shift so i just see him as the same as he was in 4. Maybe the actual game would be different.

If he gets Zero's Z-saber from Megaman zero that would be cool.

DarkSlayerVergil

So far Nero's changes just feel cosmetic than a genuine character shift so i just see him as the same as he was in 4. Maybe the actual game would be different.

If he gets Zero's Z-saber from Megaman zero that would be cool.
I see what you're saying and I agree but his cosmetic change in my honest opinion helps his character a lot in my opinion. Also I think it also has a lot to do with the fact that Nero isn't Kyries "lost puppy" as his motivation unlike in 4.

windleopard

I go with both, but with a slight preference towards Nero because of his Devil Breaker.

. Plus, I'm willing to give Nero another chance since he's finally become his own character instead of Dante's clone.

People keep saying this but is it really true? If anything, Nero's more like Dante in terms of personality than he ever was before.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I've been thinking about this for a bit and can't decide. Honestly, they both look like they play the same as DMC4 and I got burned out on DMC4 years ago. I don't know if the new system will be enough to give the gameplay a new feel but for Nero to have the same sword combos as 4 and, worse, for Dante to have the same combos for the last 3 games, but with slightly different timing, doesn't bode well.

RadiantWolf

Conlige suspectos semper habitos.
Dante, for story, V for curiosity. I want to know what Dante's "more serious" journey is all about. I have theories but they're only theories at this point.

And obviously I have no idea what's up with V.

No hate for Nero, though. I enjoyed him very much in 4.

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
I go with both, but with a slight preference towards Nero because of his Devil Breaker.

People keep saying this but is it really true? If anything, Nero's more like Dante in terms of personality than he ever was before.
Well in terms of looks hes alot different than dante now.

Top Bottom