• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante Must Die-ie-ie-ie

Runawayshrew32

Friendly neighborhood DMC/DmC fan
Soooo, been busy playing the new game, and I'm in friggen love. The combat mechanics are smooth, the advanced mechanics take some getting used to, but are there, and the enemies all provide a different challenge the better you get. I started on nephilim, and it took getting used to, but before I knew it, I was cruising. After I beat that, went to SoS, and the curve jumped a bit, took some more time getting used to it, but I finally beat that too. Then...DmD came. And holy goddamn. As if standing in front of a freight train, I have never been smacked down so hard so many times. two words folks. Dream runners. one more word. Witches. worst nightmare. wow. however, now that I know the game, i am going to restart from square one tonight, from the easiest difficulty, and play through each one, collecting orbs and upgrades, all for the eventual re-unlock and defeat of that most heinous of modes...and the subsequent HoH modes.

- The True Nephilim -

Devil Trigger Expert
Dante must Die mode caught me and bit me on the ass, but after reading their moves instead of blindly attacking I got through easy.
Just wait for Hell and Hell mode. Good lord that is the hardest thing ever, basically DmD mode but you can't get hit..

Vagrant

I haven't started dmd yet but I've beaten dmc 3 and 4 on dmd with S ranks.

The best advice I can give is to make reads on your enemies and react. Don't just rush into combat. Think about the best weapon for the job with each enemy. You should never make a move/attack without a distinct reason for doing so. You can't go into dmc autopilot mode on dante must die difiiculty

Witches I could imagine being a pain on dmd lol.
I bet those butchers do ridiculous damage on dmd as well.

Paexie

i died 25 times on DMD... i died 20 times on HaH by mission 7 or something stupid like that. vergil is currently owning me on that mode as well...
I've been using items here almost as often as the other games. I think my gaming skill is considerably weaker than it was back then (I beat DMC3 not the special edition when I was 15)....

WorkenOnMaLeft

I've been using items here almost as often as the other games. I think my gaming skill is considerably weaker than it was back then (I beat DMC3 not the special edition when I was 15)....
I died 25 times just on the damn Witch and 2 Dreamrunners in Mission 16 on DMD.

Haven't even attempted HaH yet. I have heard Vergil is tough on that mode when he DT's and trying to not take a hit.
ok i beat HaH, i died 89 times... yup. and 29 of those deaths came from vergil...

Runawayshrew32

Glad my post draws a good group rather than trolls :) thanks for the advice guys! I've been cutting teeth on easy getting used to timing the demon dodge, and collecting items and such haha. A few more minutes and on to nephilim again, then SOS...again...then the others :p for the new players, getting the hang of the advanced mechanics on human mode seems to help a lot, and I don't feel bad since my other save already has dmd and both hog modes unlocked :p training I guess haha. Sooooo excited for e vergil dlc. I hope they keep releasing more, like chapters I guess :)

Runawayshrew32

Oh haha I haven't beaten dmd yet lol. On my other save file, the first play through took me a bit to get used to the controls, I burned through a lot of items playing stupid, and by the time I beat SOS I couldn't afford any items for dmd. So I started over, I can make it through human and nephilim (skipping devil hunter lol) without items, so I'm saving orbs and stockpiling items while they are cheap for when I get to dmd again on this file, if that makes better sense?

Runawayshrew32

After thirty six grueling hours...SOS, human, devil hunter, then nephilim...then SOS again...I'm ready for dmd lol. Now to sleep.

Top Bottom