• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante in Vergil costume . . . ?????

Vezild

Taking Back Lordran One Boss At a Time
It's really just a colour swap. He doesn't look too bad when zoomed out.
Something about watching mature characters in a level like that makes me giggle...

But the costume just looks bad....really bad.

MegaMad9

The Mad Man
The costume looks pretty good actually. The light blue jacket really contrasts well with the gray shirt and black pants.
I have to ask though, is this real? Because I have a hunch that it is fake

scionicspectre

My goodness, are there any visual artists or designers in this forum? It looks horrendous- at least the color schemes on the DIESEL costumes in DMC 2 made some sense. It seems that they literally just edited a JPEG to get this. I just assumed it was a joke of some sort. And when it's shown that it was a hoax, I'm going to feel pretty silly for reacting at all.

Seriously- give us real alternate costumes or none at all. This is just embarrassing (as a professional 3D artist, I feel my statements are qualified).

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I'm pretty sure this is a mod and not an actual costume, because Superbot revealed the alternate costumes you get by pre-ordering the game and Dante's is not this. Lol Dante's alternate costume is him wearing just his tanktop and jeans.
I mean if you notice someone changed Raiden's hair color as well so yeah, this definitely has to be a mod.

Paexie

Thank goodness because it didn't look to close to Vergil's original coat anyway.
It looked hilarious to me, though.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
My goodness, are there any visual artists or designers in this forum? It looks horrendous- at least the color schemes on the DIESEL costumes in DMC 2 made some sense. It seems that they literally just edited a JPEG to get this. I just assumed it was a joke of some sort. And when it's shown that it was a hoax, I'm going to feel pretty silly for reacting at all.

Seriously- give us real alternate costumes or none at all. This is just embarrassing (as a professional 3D artist, I feel my statements are qualified).

tumblr_m8fcaakoZS1qhqfgq.gif

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I'm pretty sure this is a mod and not an actual costume, because Superbot revealed the alternate costumes you get by pre-ordering the game and Dante's is not this. Lol Dante's alternate costume is him wearing just his tanktop and jeans.
I mean if you notice someone changed Raiden's hair color as well so yeah, this definitely has to be a mod.

Good. I hoped it would be this and not just old Dante mod. This is new Dante, so give new Dante his own alternate costume.

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
Calm yourselves gentlemen. After examining the videos, it turns out that the Vergil coat is an ALTERNATE COLOUR not an ALTERNATE COSTUME. If you have 2 Dantes in a match, one will wear the Vergil coat. ITS NOT A HOAX OR A MOD!

We do not know the other costumes except for the preorder which is Jacketless Dante.

Azurel

You think... that this is a hint?

That Dante could be Vergil and Vergil was really Dante?

Or, maybe, Vergil imagined Dante all along?

Just throwing that out there.

Where's philoso-raptor when I need him?

And I'm ****ed that Vergil will never be a playable char in PS All Stars. There won't be any need chars added, actually.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
You think... that this is a hint?

That Dante could be Vergil and Vergil was really Dante?

Or, maybe, Vergil imagined Dante all along?

Just throwing that out there.

Where's philoso-raptor when I need him?

And I'm ****ed that Vergil will never be a playable char in PS All Stars. There won't be any need chars added, actually.
There's always a chance for a sequel if the game does well enough.

ninjaa93

This just goes to show that original Vergil had a horrible sense of clothing.
its just blue coat and black pants how is that bad even though i over looked it the new virgil is wearing very height vampire calored jacket (pretty cool) with blue trousers and loafers(ehh) with a katana he seems conflicted but thats just me looking into it ithink both look good but i would have mad the pants so akward

Azurel

This just goes to show that original Vergil had a horrible sense of clothing.

What??

Hahahaha!

You're the first person to say that his fashion sense sucks more than mine does.

I never thought of it that way, actually. As much as I disliked him, I still liked his sense of style. I always thought he was a pretty snappy dresser.

Maybe I was distracted by the "gay artist connoisseur" scarf he had on.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Okay I just noticed something that might be a little easter egg in this gameplay. At the end when Dante does his losing pose you hear his voice distort when he says "NO!" Is this a hint at a more demonic Dante?

TheDarkSlayer

Gilver FTW!

^This.

ZeroLove

What??

Hahahaha!

You're the first person to say that his fashion sense sucks more than mine does.

I never thought of it that way, actually. As much as I disliked him, I still liked his sense of style. I always thought he was a pretty snappy dresser.

Maybe I was distracted by the "gay artist connoisseur" scarf he had on.

I don't like the way the old Vergil looks like. His colour scheme seems rather off and his design is lacking. Also, I have never liked the way Yamato looks like which is basically just a common katana. Boring, in my opinion. The only thing I think looks cool is his hair swept backwards.

Top Bottom