• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante (classic or reboot) vs. John Constantine

Would do you think would win?

• John Constantine

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • One of the Dantes

Votes: 14 73.7%

• Total voters

Shak

Depends really... how serious is dante? how serious is Canstantine? also every game has dante in different stages of his life and in my opinion if you picked the youngest dante...I believe constantine would have a higher chance of winning win, then if you picked older dante like from devil may cry 4 (that mother ****er played around with "the savior') constantine stands no chance.

Shak

I'm not saying Dante COULDN'T Defeat John. It's just John uses not only his skills but also his intellect to win his battles. Dante relies more on brawn and reflex to win his fights against demons. I mean Dante could give Constantine a run for his money, but in the end, Constantine would probably have some plan set up for just in case he lost whether Resurrection or even planting a demon infecting poison into his body and releasing it into the air, thus affecting Dante and then setting up a demon killing sniper from his many contacts from far away to finish the job.

John's unpredictable in a fight, and both Dantes would need to really be on their toes to beat him.

You must remember that Dante isnt just a demon, being a nephilim many of constantines spells and attacks designed for demons might not work as dante contains angel blood too.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Depends really... how serious is dante? how serious is Canstantine? also every game has dante in different stages of his life and in my opinion if you picked the youngest dante...I believe constantine would have a higher chance of winning win, then if you picked older dante like from devil may cry 4 (that mother ****** played around with "the savior') constantine stands no chance.
Dude Constantine has taken on way bigger in power enemies then Dante. Not only can John summon gods and powerful demons but he even outsmarted Satan and even blackmailed God into making sure he doesn't die. And when God is the one keeping you alive, that says a lot.

DragonMaster2010

You must remember that Dante isnt just a demon, being a nephilim many of constantines spells and attacks designed for demons might not work as dante contains angel blood too.
Constantine has faced Nephilims before. Hes got stuff for half breeds as well.

Shak

Dude Constantine has taken on way bigger in power enemies then Dante. Not only can John summon gods and powerful demons but he even outsmarted Satan and even blackmailed God into making sure he doesn't die. And when God is the one keeping you alive, that says a lot.

I doubt constantine outsmarts dante as dante is not one to negociate, has nothing to lose, hardly gives a ****. in the end of the day it is who wins in a fight. straight on head to head.

DragonMaster2010

I doubt constantine outsmarts dante as dante is not one to negociate, has nothing to lose, hardly gives a ****. in the end of the day it is who wins in a fight. straight on head to head.
So if Constantine held Lady, Trish, or even Nero hostage he wouldn't give a ****? >:)

Plus Consantine has the ability to resurect the dead. Guess who he can bring back to Dante from the dead. And John will do it...if Dante does what he says.

Shak

@DragonMaster2010
okay, agreed i am impressed. yet, (not being biased) dante does have a character and attitude that seems impossible to defeat in combat. also Dantes character lacks 300 comic book issues and enough stories for developement. still constantine is good, but my bets still on dante.

Shak

So if Constantine held Lady, Trish, or even Nero hostage he wouldn't give a ****? >:)

Plus Consantine has the ability to resurect the dead. Guess who he can bring back to Dante from the dead. And John will do it...if Dante does what he says.
One does not simply hold trish and lady as hostage, then again its constantine, it would still be super hard (especially if they were a duo0 Nero was a one time thing, i like to pretend he doesnt exist. I cant see dante being worried or concerned... never seen that facial expression.
9execpt in DMC 4 when he shouted out NERO! ...but lets all agree that that was boguss)

DragonMaster2010

One does not simply hold trish and lady as hostage, then again its constantine, it would still be super hard (especially if they were a duo0 Nero was a one time thing, i like to pretend he doesnt exist. I cant see dante being worried or concerned... never seen that facial expression.
9execpt in DMC 4 when he shouted out NERO! ...but lets all agree that that was boguss)
Nero? Whose Nero? DMC4? what's that? ;-)

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I wonder who would win between Constatine and Alucard from Hellsing?

Alucard from hellsing is pretty much completely unkillable by the end of Hellsing thanks to the Schrodinger's powers.

And even before that he could regenerate from a pool of blood and bones easily.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!

But in DMC2/SMT Nocturne Dante has shown to be able slay demon overlords and Gods quite easily.

Yeah Constantine would demolish DmC Dante but the original Dante is another story...especially when you throw in SMT Dante in there.

The Final Offer

But in DMC2/SMT Nocturne Dante has shown to be able slay demon overlords and Gods quite easily.

Yeah Constantine would demolish DmC Dante but the original Dante is another story...especially when you throw in SMT Dante in there.

How? Someone explain to me and everyone here how Constantine would go about dealing with either Dante. What trumps what? Prep time or no Prep time.

I keep seeing the name Satan. What part of Mundus being the most powerful demon who rules over all other demons went over your head? Dante beat him in both universes. Dante's father was the second strongest and Dante is the strongest now and he isn't full demon.

You haven't even seen a cutscene were Dante is DT'd and fighting. Come on!

DragonMaster2010

I wonder who would win between Constatine and Alucard from Hellsing?

Alucard from hellsing is pretty much completely unkillable by the end of Hellsing thanks to the Schrodinger's powers.

And even before that he could regenerate from a pool of blood and bones easily.

Oh I was waiting for this;

Alucard would most likely win, as long as Alucard doesn't suck Constantine's blood or get his blood on Alucard's skin.

Trust me, compared to most of the demons Constantine has had to deal with over the sixty years of his life in the comics along with having ancient weapons that could probably even effect Sparda, I don't think either Dante will be an issue.

How? Someone explain to me and everyone here how Constantine would go about dealing with either Dante. What trumps what? Prep time or no Prep time.

I keep seeing the name Satan. What part of Mundus being the most powerful demon who rules over all other demons went over your head? Dante beat him in both universes. Dante's father was the second strongest and Dante is the strongest now and he isn't full demon.

You haven't even seen a cutscene were Dante is DT'd and fighting. Come on!

If we count Mundus as Satan then Constantine can handle that no problem. Again, look at the sh!t Constantine has to fight. Mundus would be a simple task for John.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Oh I was waiting for this;

Alucard would most likely win, as long as Alucard doesn't suck Constantine's blood or get his blood on Alucard's skin.

Trust me, compared to most of the demons Constantine has had to deal with over the sixty years of his life in the comics along with having ancient weapons that could probably even effect Sparda, I don't think either Dante will be an issue.

If we count Mundus as Satan then Constantine can handle that no problem. Again, look at the sh!t Constantine has to fight. Mundus would be a simple task for John.

Can you list thethings Constantine has to fight and describe their feats and why they're impressive rather than just ramble on without giving evidence.

DragonMaster2010

let's see;

When he was still in the womb he killed his twin with his own imbecile cord.

in his teens he summoned his first demon who killed all his friends.

Then a few years later (after his mental breakdown) he opens a portal to Heaven to lead the demon he summoned to be killed.

he can pull people out of both heaven and hell (as shown when he released his friends from hell)

He apparently killed the king of vampires

tamed a swamp monster

fought an entire army of demons to prevent the antichrist from coming.

tricked Lucifer into drinking holy water along with allowing him to live longer

blackmailed god into allowing him to live because if Constantine goes to hell, he'd be its new ruler.

Even god fears his abilities.

apparently he can rip spines out of demons
HB275death.jpg

And trust me, this is just the Hellblazer comics. There's also the "Constantine" comics and "Justice League Dark".

Top Bottom