• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante and Dino...think that they can hear us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante'sgirl

Forever For Dante
Hi people... this thread is called Dante or Dino. Here you will have to choose either the famous and stylish Dante or Dino and explain why... its all up to you...All your opinions are welcome.

As for me...well.. i'll simply say that Im siding for the original Dante only as i love him too much to accept that a kid thinks he can now be at his place or be at his level...

Dante fans can say whatever they want to Dante as here we are pretending that they can see our comments...;)
P.S:i love him so much that i feel he can hear me

Dino Fans also are welcome to tell their words to the new protagonist...we want to hear everyone!!

Comments,likes,dislikes,LOVE,opinions,regrets,theories...
everything concerning Dante and Dino about the list above is for this tread....But emphasis is put mainly on the love for the characters...Express it in the most beautiful words...

So please people no tearing among each other as we are all Fans of DMC...whether Dante or Dino fans...:)

Asmodaius

Then I have a question for you... Why choose?

I like them both. I'm not going to choose one over the other. So there you go...

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Well, seeing as no aruging has started here yet, I'll post the obvious - original Dante all the way, right down to dancing around with a rose in his mouth, lol. DMC 2 Dante is my fave :wub:

He could do with a teeny tiny makeover, but DINO is too much for me.

Plus I don't know enough about DINO yet, apart from he smokes - stupid, stupid DINO!

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I am glad the see the back of Dante from DMC4 but don't know enough about the new Dante to judge him yet.

devilaX96

Alucard's apprentice
I like all Dantes but my favorite is Dante from DMC4. And about Dino and Dante...I think that they are cool in a different way. By the way from the interview I watched with NT I got that they are gonna show the origin of Dante. Do you think that he is going become like the Dante we know or he is going to act different?

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I don't like this new Dante/Dino... whatever smoking. That is my major problem.
If any of the PC brigade see that, they'll immidiately say, "thats endorsing it and making it look cool."

My fave Dante is DMC4. When i first saw that version of him, i was kinda in awe at the graphics and detail.
I can't really say much more than that because I'm a vergil fan

Haven

Devil May Cry's a Rockin Baby!
Definitely original Dante ^_^, because he's actually my favourite video game character :). My favourite is DMC 1 Dante, he was awesome, he made me laugh with some of his comments, he had amazing attacks (even though I wasn't very good at the games :lol:), and well.......he was the first. But I do like the new Dante as well :)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
DMC1 Dante is my favorite, but honestly, I like the direction that Nante (I refuse to call him something as derogatory as Dino) is going in. Who knows? He may end up even more badass than Dante in the end.

Chrysander

Original Dante for me. I like his attitude, he is a lot like Gene in some ways who I also love. I like him because he is stylish and awesome with his wisecracks and stuff, but at the same time, he is actually likable, not just a dull hero-type. He is just unstoppable, pure power, and loves what he does. It is good to see such a positive character these days, who is fun, inside such a dark universe.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Ebony;279346 said:
^ Why 'Nante' DT? I'm just interested. :)

Nante means "New Dante". Just like how people called the red coated Vergil in DMC3 Vergil mode "Vante".

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Ah yeah how could I forget Vante! lol.

Oooh who would win in a fight between Nante, Vante and Dante?! lol

moseslmpg

Nante sounds weird. Dino is better.

Anyway, I'm going with the secret third option: Vergil. He beats both Dino, Dante...and Nero. Nuff said.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Storm Silves;279343 said:
(I refuse to call him something as derogatory as Dino)

I am with you on that one. Besides...

Dino2.jpg

moseslmpg

Nergil reminds me of Nergal. But wouldn't Nero's name still be Nero if he was Vergil's son? Nergil implies some kind of incestuous motherless abomination.

As for Dino, at least it is a real name. Nante sounds like the name of a cow or something. I think Dino fits him anyway, it sounds Italian.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Nergil and Nante - now there's a videogame spin off I would buy! lol
Nante could mean 'Not Dante' too. - I'm just thinking outloud now, just ignore me!

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
We'll forme, until i know who Nero's mother is, that is what i'm gonna keep calling him.

Nergil and Nante sound a bit better than this DmC they're releasing

Dominus

I'm pretty sure most people who like DINO also like Nero. I personally don't like Nero but his gameplay was good so I didn't care too much. I personally don't like DINO at all, but some tweaking of his design would make me content..

moseslmpg;279354 said:
Nante sounds weird. Dino is better.
Anyway, I'm going with the secret third option: Vergil. He beats both Dino, Dante...and Nero. Nuff said.

I agree with this option, Vergil definitely needs more screen time than Nero or DINO. My only hope is that Vergil will be included in this game (seems like an easy option for Ninja Theory to get some hardcore fans interested), and would probably sell the game to me..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom