• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Credo's spear

Poopy X

The best artist.
Does anyone know how to catch Credo's spear?
I watched the final trailer and I saw Nero shot Credo with the spear.I reall want to do that. So is it possible for Nero to catch it?:)

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Gameplay. You just need to use buster just before it hits you. But sometimes Nero may miss hitting Credo with it so be prepared:p

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Oh? I thought you could only buster bosses when they were tired or dazed.(except for Dante cuz he never gets dazed or tired.

Crimson Red Knight

master of the blade
im actually stuck on that same boss fight..although i havent even tried to do it again since the last time i died..lol, and ive actually tried to grab that spear many times..unless my timing is horribly off its not possible..busters are the only way to get him...wich is why im stuck going back and earning proud souls..i was stupid and traded the busters so i could get the air hike..lol...and im not giving up my air hike..who knows when i'll get it back

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Don't rely on that "grabbing the spear" thing. It has three flaws.
1) Doesn't do much damage.
2) You can't do it easily.
3) If you catch it, Nero may throw it elsewhere, so you'll get hi by Credo's 2nd spear.

Beat him, the usual way, he's easy and fun to fight;)

chesta

if u hit him with his spear u have a plenty of time to do some dmg on him with some slashy combos

w33l33

meh...
you need to use the devil bringer, it may also depend on whether or not you are in devil trigger when you use the buster... and it should be pretty obvious when to do it as he will probably be motionless or looking rather dazed

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Yeah your timing has to be perfect and it is frustrating when you time it wrong and get hit. But it is so worth it IMO when you see nero CANE it at him.

The things I try to remember whe I am fighting Credo are
  • you will have to adjust your timing depending on how close you are to him
  • And as soon as you realise you have caught it press the aim button so that Nero wont miss.

I love this move:D its one of the main reasons I like to go back to the fight Credo mission.
Also I didnt bother going on any of the super hard difficulties yet I am just talking about devil hunter here (I dont know maybe it changes).

EmotionsUntold

Unloved Someone
idk, i find that when i do buster or anything with the devil bringer to try and catch the spears they always break and give me green orbs, :lol:

Crimson Red Knight

master of the blade
u see thats the problem i keep getting..its impossible to actually repel it back to him..u just break it and get green orbs..if it actually is possible to grab and throw it at him then u guys must be masters at timing...lol i beat him though..it wasnt as hard as i was making it out to seem...although i did kind of cheat..i had that one move where he "unleashes an onipotent barage of slashes" to quote the game..lol..forget the name of the move though

DarkSlayer.

INSANE BUFFOON!!!
Tony_Redgrave;68201 said:
Don't rely on that "grabbing the spear" thing. It has three flaws.
1) Doesn't do much damage.
2) You can't do it easily.
3) If you catch it, Nero may throw it elsewhere, so you'll get hi by Credo's 2nd spear.

Beat him, the usual way, he's easy and fun to fight;)

you locking on? You gotta lock on immediatly after you catch.

Crimson Red Knight

master of the blade
slight problem with that theory..he dosnt always throw more than one unless u catch the first one..he mixes his moves sometimes depending on how u play that determines his pattern

Poopy X;68496 said:
I think it will be best to catch the last spear.
So you won't get hit by the next one.

Zato-OW

King
Catching his spear and throwing it back at him and hitting him does allow you to hit him with a buster attack causing his shield to take DMG(Turn red if you do it enough times) But this is on DMD mode idk about any of the others. Its a good way to get your style gauge up with while catching his spears or deflecting them. What i wouldnt recommend is trying to deflect his spears because you may miss one easily. For me its easier just to catch them.

Top Bottom