• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

could they have handled things better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
yeah frame rate is really noticeable
i was playing GTA3 with an uncapped frame rate and it was really smooth
but if the game runs at too hi of a frame rate then the physics of the game start to glitch out
so i had to use the in game cap of 30 frames and it was very jarring and hard to get use to

Man, I had to lock games at 30 on my laptop and got used to it, but now that I got a good desktop I play everything at 60 and I got used to it. I tried to cap Witcher 3 at 30, just to see, and DUDE the difference.

I used to roll my eyes when I read or heard people say "I'm used to 60 and can't play 30 FPS games anymore, feels choppy"... but now I know those people (TotalBiscuit for example) got a point.

I mean, I'm not at the point where I CAN'T play at 30, but the difference from 60 is indeed big and you feel it.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I guess with me, I never cared about FPS, but rather if the game's fun or not.

But that's the thing, frame rate is something that does affect the playability of the game, therefore the fun factor. I sure have more fun and a more enjoyable experience at 60 FPS rather than 30, always, in any game, fast paced or not.

Sure, there still are people like you who don't pay attention to it, but still.

Reactions: Meg

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
But that's the thing, frame rate is something that does affect the playability of the game, therefore the fun factor. I sure have more fun and a more enjoyable experience at 60 FPS rather than 30, always, in any game, fast paced or not.

Sure, there still are people like you who don't pay attention to it, but still.
Thus why I said "I guess with me." i've played plenty of games at 60fps, but weren't fun at all compared to games that were just 30 and I play all day. One of the 30 being batman Arkham City, which I know comes in 60fps on PC, but I don't have access to that yet.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
But no, instead we had to listen to Itsuno's BS "It's gonna be 30 FPS, but it's gonna feel like 60"...

This made me giggle. Lol, really.
I can easily notice anything that drops below 40fps in a game. I was kind of confused what he really meant that by that.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
It still functioned and was still fun to play. That's all I care about.

The lower frame rate still did it a disservice though.

Also funny how people supporting that approach defended the 30 frames, parroting Itsuno's words, claiming that no, it doesn't make a difference 30 or 60, so stop whining, but when the DE was announced those same people drooled at the sight of the gigantic "60 FPS" written in the trailer. And then when they played it, they FELT how much difference it makes.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.

Also funny how people supporting that approach defended the 30 frames, parroting Itsuno's words, claiming that no, it doesn't make a difference 30 or 60, so stop whining, but when the DE was announced those same people drooled at the sight of the gigantic "60 FPS" written in the trailer. And then when they played it, they FELT how much difference it makes.
I never gave a crap about what Itsuno said. I don't care much for Itsuno in general, he's behind the worst in the series.

Still had my share of fun with the game and I've never even played the Definitive Edition. (no PS Quadruple) Runs well enough for me as in the right hands the game still looks and plays like the Devil May Cry goodness I know and love. I do want that Turbo mode though so I'll probably get the DE eventually.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
he's behind the best in the series.

Fixed.

Also, don't get me wrong, a fun game is a fun game. Just saying it's false and nonsensical to claim that there's no difference between 30 and 60, and even more nonsensical to claim 30 can "feel" like 60. And it all gets more ridiculous when you say it during a marketing campaign. People are not stupid, they realize it's nothing but an excuse.

Instead of going for that, it would have been better to do like you did, just say that yeah it's gonna run at 30 but still gonna be a fun game regardless and blah blah blah, the usual stuff. Just don't say crap anyone can debunk, especially during the promotion of your game.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

I liked both 30 and 60 though.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I like it in the sense that I don't care whether 30 or 60, just as long as I can have fun with the game, thus I like both 30 and 60.

I see but that's not my point.

I'm questioning the sense of the whole "it's 30 but feels like 60". That's just nonsense. I mean, you played both vanilla and DE, right? Did vanilla feel like DE?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Foxtrot94: There wasn't really any need to 'adjust' Chancey's post which was his opinion, with your own opinion but stating yours as being the right way of looking at things. That comes across as being a know-it-all. And it's not very becoming behaviour.

Even so, since when/where did this even become a discussion about frame rates of all things? I mean really, if you want to divulge into a discussion about it then you're more than welcome to make a separate thread.

I believe I've mentioned the whole 'stop turning a thread's main topic into another topic entirely ', it makes threads very cluttered and confusing, and makes them awkward to get into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom