• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Costumes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virgil

ok this may be a little stupid but i've only had the game for like 2-3 weeks so cut me a break.... anywho i've beaten the game and i know that the different costumes that u can play with on Dante some of them allow Dante differen't abilites like alternate demon trigger or infinate trigger can someone let me know which one's do what?

ShadowNinja X7

DMC1/Coatless/Legendark Dark Knight Dante all have Sparda DT, which is a balanced Devil Trigger form. Super Dante has Infinite DT.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
ShadowNinja X7 pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Oh and just a quick note: I believe there are screenshots of all of the Devil May Cry costumes scattered throughout the Devil May Cry Gallery if you feel like taking a look. :)

Dark Elf

Dagger user
Vince;3337 said:
Well with nelo angelo DT form is really cool too

Well, it looks cool but it's power really disappoints me. I play with normal DT instead (if playing Vergil and Dante too)

Dark Elf

Dagger user
Nero Angelo's attacks are too slow. My style doesn't allow me to lose so much time. As for Sparda, it's DT isn't bad but he looks like cockroach (just kiddin')

Kaihedgie

Default: The costume you start out with in Mission 2. It later receives a sleeve cut

Coatless Dante: The costume you start out with in the beginning of the game. The only difference is the absence of his coat

DMC 1 Dante: The costume that Dante wears in the first DMC game (hence the name) The bonus with this costume is that Rebellion is replaced with Force Edge and the Devil Trigger changes to that of Sparda

DMC 1 Coatless Dante: Same as above, but without the costume

Super Dante: The same as the Default costume with the sleeve cut off. The Devil Trigger is inifinte this time around. In the Special Edition, this is toned down as healing is not present while in DT and DT comsumptive abilities like Quicksilver and DT Explosion will take off DT energy like normally. You can only stay in DT for as long as you want

Legendary Dark Knight: The character that serves as a skin change for Dante. The model is that of Sparda in human form. The Devil Trigger appears initially as his shadow while in human form. Like DMC 1 Dante, LDK gets Force Edge and the Sparda Devil Trigger, but also wield Luce and Ombra.

Super Legendary Dark Knight (Special Edition only) : Unlockable only in Special Edition. This serves as the replacement for Super Dante. The healing properties of DT remain, and any DT consumptive tecniques do not affect your DT meter, thus, allowing you to use things like DT Explosion and Quicksilver freely.

Default Vergil: The costume unlocked upon unlocking VERGIL mode and the starting costume of that mode. No special mods

Coatless Vergil: The default costume, without the coat

Super Vergil: Acts accordingly exactly like Super Dante; DT form infinite upon transforming, but things like Spiral Swords and DT Explosion deplete the DT meter

Corrupted Vergil: Similar to the LDK costume, lacking the Sparda shadow, monocle and red has been changed to goldenrod. The Devil Trigger is that of Nelo Angelo as seen in DMC 1. While DTed, the movelist and weapons for Vergil also change completely. Another bonus is that Nelo Angelo is inpregnible against most attacks and has a higher regeneration capability

Super Corrupted Vergil: Acts accordingly exactly like Super LDK; DT form is absoultely infinite in sustainablility as things like Spiral Swords and DT Explosion do not affect the Devil Trigger meter. This is perhaps the equivilent of Invincibility

Solidus

Rebellion
A costume where Vergil has the Dante style hair would have been nice though...

And how come Corrupt Vergil wears the LDK clothes ?

Kaihedgie

Solidus;9267 said:
A costume where Vergil has the Dante style hair would have been nice though...

And how come Corrupt Vergil wears the LDK clothes ?

I was kinda thinking about it. I mean, they could have added a simple mod where, if Vergil was damaged enoufg, his hair could fall out of place like that. But no...I really don't know why he donned LDK's clothes, much they be recolored

Dark Elf

Dagger user
Capcom just couldn't imagine original clothes for Nero Angelo human form (also known as Corrupted Vergil) so they took LDK's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom