• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

cops kill a man threatening to kill...himself...wait what?

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
this sounds like the intro to a simon pegg movie. except it's far less funny because this really happened to a real person.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/05/28/man-calls-suicide-line-police-kill-him.html

live_on_this_planet_futurama.gif

KRSkull

Hey wait a minute. Not all cops are bad. Yeah sure the majority of them are bad seeds. but there are still good cops out there.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I know I am not tarring them all with the same brush just the evil or corrupt ones, there are legit law abiding cops out there too and plenty of em

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Hang on a second. Where's the logic in this?

It doesn't even say that he was going to kill himself. It just says he was depressed, slightly drunk and said he might hurt himself.

"Hey I might harm myself with this knife".

"No stop or we're going to shoot you".

...Really. They felt threatened by the guy? I'm sorry but if I was stood away from a guy brandishing a knife, that's saying he's more likely to harm himself than me. And I was carrying an assault rifle. I think I'd feel safe.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I don't doubt that but seems like there more cops that have a "shoot don't think" mentality.

Well it really makes you question if it's safe to give anyone a gun, even a cop. There's been a number of cops shooting people for the wrong reasons, stupid mistakes or the colour of someone's skin.

KRSkull

I don't doubt that but seems like there more cops that have a "shoot don't think" mentality.

I agree with you about that. And that also can be said about civilian.

Well it really makes you question if it's safe to give anyone a gun.

No its not safe. But there is nothing we can do about it. Because people will always find a way to get guns. Heck Some of them are actually make them at home.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@KRSkull: Oh I know that. I just meant it more in the sense of can you trust anyone with a gun? No we can't stop people from having guns or obtaining them. I'm just saying you can question just how safe it is to give someone who is supposed to serve and protect a gun, if it's in their mentality to want to use that gun for a means that's the complete opposite of what they're meant to be standing for.

Exejpgwmv

We can police ourselves.
A few societies tried living like that; they're all either gone or in a very poor state right now.

It bothers me that the amount of "cops killing civilians" incidents only seems to be rising.
Nah, I'd say it's about the same, it's just that it's more well documented then it ever was before.(Also because, in light of certain controversial events, people are looking out for it more.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom