• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Confirmed: Ninja Theory Working On New Capcom GAme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pitch_Blak

Lose yourself in darkness
We're not going to call this a rumor, add a question mark to the headline, or even use the phrase "with a grain of salt." ConsolePress can confirm without a doubt that the talented team at Ninja Theory is working on a new game for Capcom, though what's even more intriguing than the partnership is what they'll be working on.

The one thing our insider couldn't confirm with confidence is whether or not the title is a Devil May Cry game (or even a spinoff), but the fact that GameInformer was compelled to post it as a rumor back in April means that it's probably true. Regardless of the outcome, the fact that Capcom would invest so heavily in a development team located halfway around the globe indicates a turning point in how Japanese game publishers view the global market. And it's a great change of pace that can only benefit them in the end.

The advantage of outsourcing to another studio (especially a non-Japanese one) is that they can bring in a brand new perspective to both the gameplay and story, and what Ninja Theory excels at more than anything is the presentation quality of their stories. Heavenly Sword won a lot of praise for its expertly designed cinematics, and Enslaved looks to further build on that reputation. With this promising development team at the helm of Capcom's new project, it should free up enough resources for Capcom to concentrate on other franchises and new intellectual properties, something that was confirmed in an earlier Q&A session.

http://consolepress.com/main/2010/08/05/confirmed-ninja-theory-working-on-new-capcom-game/

*If this is in the wrong section, I apologize*

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
This probably means that Ninja Theory may be developing a new Devil may Cry game, or maybe another new Capcom game. Either way, it is good news to me.

Good find. :D

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Well...if they are developing a new Capcom tittle,good luck NT you have my support to amke it awesome.If it's DMC5,better work with Koba and the team so that you don't repeat the "mistakes" of DMC2.If it is a spin-off of DMC,GO WILD![But stay true to it's story.]

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
King of Hell;265663 said:
I've read it before, I just hope they don't use too much Heavenly Swords elements.

That's what I've been worrying about. If it stays true to DMC, I won't mind it. But if there's too much Heavenly Swords in it (and it's too balls-hard/unfair like Ninja Gaiden II was) I will probably never buy it.

Vampi

Devil Bane;265651 said:
Well...if they are developing a new Capcom tittle,good luck NT you have my support to amke it awesome.If it's DMC5,better work with Koba and the team so that you don't repeat the "mistakes" of DMC2.If it is a spin-off of DMC,GO WILD![But stay true to it's story.]

Dude, don't say that you want Koba involved. He ruins everything with his touch. Let's hope the DMC 5 project has a new Producer.

Hopefully Capcom will have a teaser trailer at the Tokyo Game Show come September.

I really wish it was a Vergil spin-off game...but i doubt it.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
I honestly don't give a damn who makes the game as long as three key things happen with it

1: Keep Nero...he IS an official character in DMC, and having him randomly disappear due to fan hate is utterly stupid.

2: Fill in several gaps created by previous games

3: Please, for the love of God...DMC-like gameplay.

If they keep with those three things, while including other common characters, IT SHOULDN'T BE THAT HARD TO MAKE A DECENT GAME o_O;

As for the "balls-hard/unfair like Ninja Gaiden II" ...>___> I enjoy a good challenge xD

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
BlueDevil;265737 said:
As for the "balls-hard/unfair like Ninja Gaiden II" ...>___> I enjoy a good challenge xD

It wasn't a good challenge, though, it was unfair and you could tell the game wasn't play-tested. In fact, I'm pretty sure that game hates your guts. It's worse, dare I say it, than I Wanna Be the Guy.

Meg

Am I the only one here that has faith in Ninja Theory? o_O. They have a lot of talent and creativity in my opinion. I'm sure they can get DMC right. I'm hoping for an official announcement soon, but I'm not surprised we haven't gotten one yet. NT probably wants to keep the spotlight on Enslaved (which looks fun) and not on whatever new game they are working on. (hopefully DMC5)

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
I never said that I DIDN'T have faith in them. I've just never played a Ninja Theory game (excluding Team Ninja games)...so I don't really know how they are, and I'm worried xD

Meg

Well the way I see it is that Capcom did a great job messing DMC up, so how much damage can NT do? :lol:

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
I don't think Capcom messed up DMC. I just don't think they presented it in a likeable way to most fans. I personally LOVE all of them minus DMC2, and I still like DMC2.

Meg

I mean they messed up the story. Let's face it; it doesn't make any sense really.

Meg

Coming from the man that has attacked me with cake countless times.

Meg

I never said nothing was wrong with me. AND! To get this back on topic. :p

Enslaved comes out this fall, so an announcement at the TGS sounds pretty likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom