• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Cloaked Vergil, Babby Nero, New Origin Theory

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Well Chancey's idea is more of a 'wouldnt this be cool" type thing and its more to discuss how it would work/be plausible etc.

I would say that nero's origins are still up in the air since the game itself doesn't give you concrete details on timeline and the origins of his lineage and arm so things like Kobayashi's timeline and the artbook details are more film strips left on the cutting room floor than part of the final cut.

on topic I was on the same page as Viper since I'm not sure Vergil would pick up a random kid to house his soul but that's not out the realm of possibility since picking an abandoned kid to be his vessel means he wont be missed.

plus Vergil would see it as an act of kindness, taking this baby left in the dumpster and giving it a purpose, a life and a home by binding his soul with it and leaving it at Fortuna.

But is Vergil the kind of guy to really plan ahead?

Zato-OW

King
Nero being Vergil's son is bad writing to me. I still need confirmation from the actual game or a developer saying it to believe it. A art book isn't concrete enough to me. Its bad writing because Vergil doesn't show the type of character from the manga and DMC3 that he would just father a child and abandon it for his own selfish reasons. In the manga he made it quite clear what his motives were. In the actual game (DMC3) Dante knocked a little sense into Vergil and his path to following Sparda's footsteps. Imagine Dante having a child in DMC3... Because he is more probable of fathering a child than Vergil and I can't picture neither of them doing so with their kind of lives they were living.

Hopefully Capcom is much more creative and original when it comes to Nero's origins. This way if they do bring Vergil back it would make sense. If he is Nero's dad then he should just stay dead.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Nero being Vergil's son is bad writing to me.
It's Capcom, what do you expect?

Besides, I'm not saying it's 100% confirmed, it's just what the teaser might be pointing towards.

I don't want Nero to be my son any more than you do, trust me.

The girl who made this happen spiked my drink, I swear!

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Vergil being a daddy just sounds like bad fanfiction written by those girls who also write that erotic yaoi crossover fan fiction and smell like old meat.

:rolleyes:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
And Vergil taking a random kid and putting a part of his soul and/or power in him doesn't?
I like that better. However, if he put part of his soul into his own son, then that's alright too.

Or maybe it's like what Chancey said.

Maybe Capcom ripped off of Harry Potter... and Nero was prophesied to destroy a newly-resurrected Vergil/Nero Angelo. Who knows?

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
really makes no sense if nero is vergil's son, game-wise, there's this sort of line in the game said by nero "one day i had a dream, and suddenly i have this (devil bringer) in my arm and a voice saying power, i need more power", that's an asshole of a dad i must say, son as a tool..

but if the artbook officialy stated so, well good job for a mess capcom.. and i'm prepared to see how vergil's actually loved and protected his "son" on DMC4:SE after all that "tool" situation i mentioned

Viper

Premium
really makes no sense if nero is vergil's son, game-wise, there's this sort of line in the game said by nero "one day i had a dream, and suddenly i have this (devil bringer) in my arm and a voice saying power, i need more power", that's an asshole of a dad i must say, son as a tool..

but if the artbook officialy stated so, well good job for a mess capcom.. and i'm prepared to see how vergil's actually loved and protected his "son" on DMC4:SE after all that "tool" situation i mentioned
To Vergil power = protection, and Nero needed protection. Heck, without Yamato and the desire for power he would be dead and dissected for science.
Fathers are not perfect, but it shows Vergil tried.

Dominus

Yah I don't know what all your problem is with Nero being Vergil's son, I think it's fine. I just hope it's a case where Vergil doesn't know his son, or drops him off because it's too dangerous to stay with Vergil. I hope they don't dwell too long on Nero as a baby, just fill in the blanks and get back to Vergil whooping Dante's cocky ass.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Okay guys can we please put an end to all of this "I think Nero being Vergil's son is crap" against the "Well it's not such a bad thing". This has gone on long enough now, before this thread was even created. Hell, this isn't even the worst way in which a thread has gone if there's been references trying to relate Nero to Vergil in any way, shape or form.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
And Vergil taking a random kid and putting a part of his soul and/or power in him doesn't?
Hearing Vergil is a daddy still would just sound like something that comes out of nowhere. I'm just coming up with a new theory based on the new little tease. And I backed it up with evidence from the game that could support it in some way. Something I don't see when it comes to supporting the daddy Vergil theory. Just how it is what it is.

My original theory for Nero was that he could have been some kind of reincarnation of Sparda.

I'm just trying to work with what Capcom gives me. If it was up to me, Nero would have his own issues and not relate to Sparda whatsoever. I am so sick of anything and everything in this world happening because Sparda.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
My original theory for Nero was that he could have been some kind of reincarnation of Sparda.
This is what most people were thinking before the book came out.

That he was some sort of magical clone that had been created with Dante's blood and black magic or something.

scionicspectre

Yeah, as soon as I thought of Sparda's possible reincarnation, it reminded me of Soma Cruz from the classic Castlevania games. That actually worked out pretty well, so it would be interesting to see how they approach it. Alucard even accompanied Soma behind a disguise for some time, so this isn't something totally new to Japanese gamers. It doesn't sound any crazier than Vergil having a son years before raising the Temen-ni-Gru.

scionicspectre

It's not impossible. It certainly avoids a lot of the problems facing the parentage theories we've all looked at. If someone found Vergil's, or indeed Sparda's remains, it's possible they could have used them in a 'failed' experiment that produced Nero.

I'm not favoring one theory over another at this point. I'm just judging the overall likelihood of each one. Of course, it would be nice to hear a more elegant, airtight theory for where he came from. A lot of people are too emotionally bound to the idea of Vergil being his father to come up with a credible theory.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Oh come on! am i the only one who thinks that Nero is some sort of genetic experiment?
That's what my theory always was. Everyone was quick to bash the confirmation that Nero was Vergil's son, but I found it fascinating on the grounds that: on the grounds that Vergil would never touch a human being, much less mate with one...
...what if someone used his blood to create an off-spring?

Think about it: Vergil did willingly sacrifice a stream of his own blood when trying to open the Hellgate in DMC3. And I don't think Vergil would ever have been aware of Nero's existence...simply because, if Nero is as old as he looks, he would've been 8 or 9 years old during the events of DMC3. According to what was revealed about Nero in Deadly Fortune, he was already living with the Order by that time, since he was found and raised by the Order from infancy.

In other words, Vergil never conciously nor willingly had Nero...which might lead to him turning up in DMC4, just as oblivious to Nero's existence as Dante was.

scionicspectre

Hm, call me crazy, but what if Nero has something to do with the ritual that rose the Temen-ni-Gru? What if he is what was left of the tower's immense demonic power after Dante and Vergil's summoning ritual? That is, what if the power that awoke the tower and opened the Hellgate didn't simply disappear with it?

Again, call me crazy. "Nero is Temen-ni-Gru incarnate" would almost be a reverse of the devil arm situation- an object gaining form and consciousness.

Top Bottom