• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom Halves Forcast: Blames "Excessive Outsourcing"

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
So you mean to tell me I can sell you a half of a disc without telling you and force you to buy the other one if you want the entire content of the game?

How do you know I didn't take that half out right before releasing the game?

DLC sure is wonderful.

I can't know you didn't take anything out the game unless I research it first, that goes for both DLC and bad content in games. I research a game before purchase and if I feel the content provided is worth the asking price I make a purchase. If I feel the game lacks content I won't buy it, regardless of it's DLC state as DLC isn't mandatory.

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
"We need to reboot Devil May Cry with a Western Developer!"

"Our outsourcing is what's reducing our profits!"

Capcom logic.

Railazel

And I think it means they've outsourced a lot of games to different companies as well [which they have]. They probably don't want to do that so much anymore, I just hope that doesn't mean Ninja Theory too. It'll just be a shame if Devil May Cry dies off completely and Capcom never bother doing anything with the series again.

They could continue with DMC since a majority of it was made by their internal team. However, this may mark the last time we see DmC.

Terrutas

But I can't help but wonder.

How do you know what's going to be on the game? They obviously don't reveal all of the content immediately, so how do you know for a fact regardless of research, that they didn't rip something out before release?

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I know right? That game should have never happened.

Shtap. We're not here to talk about that. >_<

I'll debate one (just one) of the finer points about that with you later, just not on this thread.

Edit:

But I can't help but wonder.

How do you know what's going to be on the game? They obviously don't reveal all of the content immediately, so how do you know for a fact regardless of research, that they didn't rip something out before release?

Unfortunately, we have to wait until someone online dives into the code and tells us whether a game company is being honest with us or not.

Spoiler: They're not.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Based on what I've heard in the article it seems Capcom isn't blaming any devs but are blaming their decision to outsource (or excessively outsource) their games to outside...I mean western devs.

Look on the bright side, at least they're not blaming the fans this time.

As for the decreasement in quality....its not denyable that some of their worst games this gen were outsourced games (RE: Operation Raccoon City, Bionic Commando (reboot), and Steel Armor Battallion...there is probably more) and not just bad games but low quality games (Asura's Wrath and more). There has been some pretty good outsourced Capcom games (Dead Rising 2 and Bionic Commando Rearmed 1 & 2).

Can't say much on Lost Planet 3 yet. However, Capcom isn't innocent here too they have put out some mediocre titles this gen as well (RE6 IMO wasn't bad it was a fun action game...some times...just a bad RE game, RE5 is pretty good .....with a friend, and DMC4 if backtracking and cliche writing is a deal breaker).

However, though not as good as the PS2/Gamecube era they still published plenty of great/good games this gen (RE: Revelations is the best RE game since RE4, Sengoku Basara series may not be DMC or Onimusha good but its quality is arguably getting better and better each game, Okamiden is a great mini sequel to Okami even without Kamiya's help, Dragon's Dogma though has some flaws is an insanely fun action RPG with the best combat system in any RPG out there, MM Starforce series were pretty good and SF3 was amazing, U/MvC3 IMO was a great fighting game it just had a small roster for a sequel to a game that had 60 characters, Lost Planet series, SF4....before it got milked...well its not bad just milked, Ace Attorney is just as good as before, Zack & Wiki was a fun and ambitious Wii title, and DMC4...based on who you are).

I can't say anything about DmC...I might offend someone (either pro or anti) here but I think if anything Capcom possibly grouped DmC in there....reason is DmC is their latest outsourced game.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I agree, a DMC reboot wasn't really necessary, aside from the story of original being a total clusterf*ck by the end of DMC4.

I'm not complaining though, I love the game.

*sigh*

You know what? I'm going to write my own action game in the fanfic section. And even though it's not part of either Devil May Cry universe, I'm going to call it Devil May Cry anyway.

This reboot will offend the fans' sensibilities so much, that they'll ask for my immediate ban. :mad:

'Cause it's starring me!

Nerd Ninja.

And my evil twin, Weeaboo Samurai.

Take that, purists!

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
It hasn't come out yet and has yet to disappoint Capcom sales wise....or maybe Capcom pushed the game back because it was ass and they knew it was ass so they can fix its assness....maybe not saying.
Lost Planet 3 doesn't seem like a bad game but I'm sure gonna miss the scale of LP2 with 4p co-op, awesome boss fights, flying around in mechs, and shooting out puddles of energy and then grappling them for no apparent reason. It's too bad it didn't meet Capcom's expectations.

Top Bottom