• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom can be bought now.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
http://gamasutra.com/view/news/2193...s_open_company_up_to_takeover_possibility.php

I'd want Nintendo to buy them, even though I don't like Nintendo's IPs, they still know gaming better than anyone and can do the IPs justice and do good for gamers, plus they have a good relationship with Platinum Games, so they could fix Devil May Cry.
I could live with Sony buying them but I really don't want Microsoft or EA buying them and especially not Ubisoft, f**k those guys.

What do you think of this and who would you like to see them be bought by?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Nintendo just needs to secure at least 51% of the shares and they would own all of Capcom's IPs. Meaning motherfugging MEGAMAN! Which is more f#cking important.

Absent Nova

Phantom Thief
Not a surprise at all since Capcom has been atrocious these past few years. Hopefully whoever buys them out doesn't screw up as bad.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Let Platinum have Devil May Cry. It's already a bullsh*t series as is so why not let the king of bullsh*t story telling himself, Kamiya, f*ck up more of it just for kicks. I've already lost all faith in Devil may Cry anyway.

Megaman to me seems to fit more with nintendo the most.

Ask for Street Fighter, I don't know. Capcom has always had this style of making SF (though repetitive) so I don't know who else would be suitable for that IP. Maybe Team Ninja could do it.

Dead Rising should stay with Capcom.

Resident Evil should go to Ubisoft honestly. See how it would work out of curiosity.

seraphmaycry

hmmm, i'm not a street fighter fan, but judging from my dabbles in marvel v capcom (OMG VERGIL!) they are definitely masters of this sort of game, cappy i'd like to keep that.

Resident evil idk what they go with in my opinion.

Megaman = nintendo, i'm not insulting the series, but nintendo seems to be best with this sort of game.

and DMC should go to platinum, since MGRR was excellent and i hear alot of capcom employees are now there.

monster hunter idk.

that's what i, a stupid kid with no business experience experience whatsoever would do, should you hate this opinion, i have no reason to defend it.

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
3D Realms/Apogee is remembered as a company who thought they were invincible because they became one of the best in their time, that ultimately destroyed them.

Capcom will be remembered as an example of "how not to behave in an era of DLC".

Nintendo is the best place for them cause Nintendo has their sights set on gaming and gamers alone, with the Capcom IPs under their belt they will be here and making consoles far longer than Sony or Microsoft.
With Capcom IPs on the WiiU and even their rumored "Fusion" console they could do wonders for gamers.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Don't go assuming who can get what yet because that's not what it means. Capcom doesn't want to sell their stock and have been trying to protect it for quite some time. Since the protection plan wasn't renewed they are open for a possible takeover but, it's gonna be an all or nothing thing. Whichever company comes in hand of the 51% of stock needed for takeover, gets the company. Developers like P* and other smaller companies are really not in this equation.

If Nintendo would take over Capcom then they can do whatever the hell theyy want with all those IPs. It doesn't mean P* and all those other companies will even touch certain games because it will be in their control.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Let Platinum have Devil May Cry. It's already a bullsh*t series as is so why not let the king of bullsh*t story telling himself, Kamiya, f*ck up more of it just for kicks. I've already lost all faith in Devil may Cry anyway.

Megaman to me seems to fit more with nintendo the most.

Ask for Street Fighter, I don't know. Capcom has always had this style of making SF (though repetitive) so I don't know who else would be suitable for that IP. Maybe Team Ninja could do it.

Dead Rising should stay with Capcom.

Resident Evil should go to Ubisoft honestly. See how it would work out of curiosity.
Ubisoft on RE? Eww. Ubisoft is a company one step from being the next EA.

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
If Nintendo would take over Capcom then they can do whatever the hell theyy want with all those IPs. It doesn't mean P* and all those other companies will even touch certain games because it will be in their control.
Of course it doesn't, but even if Nintendo bought Capcom, that's A LOT of IPs and a lot of those IPs don't agree with Nintendo's own dev teams, same could be said for Sony, EA, Microsoft and Ubisoft, some do however, like Megaman and such.
But with IPs like Devil May Cry, Resident Evil, Dino Crisis, Street Fighter, Dead Rising etc, they could outsource those to worthy developers, Nintendo has a healthy relationship with Platinum Games so Nintendo would likely trust DMC to them, they could find a healthy developer for Resident Evil if they don't wanna take a shot at it themselves or maybe they could just sack the morons in charge at Capcom and point the internal dev teams at Capcom in a better direction, but still there's no knowing what will happen with whoever buys them, but what we know for certain is it'll likely be better if Capcom wasn't in charge anymore.
Sony won't buy them as they are in a bit of a financial bugger themselves and can't afford to buy a company as massive as Capcom and Microsoft just might if it means more fuel for the Xbone.
We're all just stating our personal desires of where we'd like to see the IPs go, I'd like to see DMC go to P* if the internal DMC team at Capcom can't do it justice and I'd like to see Resident Evil go back to Mikami, which is unlikely since ZeniMax owns his a** right now.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"

Because Devil May Cry is totally about Storytelling.

I agree though. Platinum should have DMC and have Kamiya direct it because he have actually made quality games. Nintendo and Megaman is an amazing pair and Sony themselves developing the new Resident Evil won't be too bad.

Maxman

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

**** NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NO ****ING NINTENDO

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

NO ****ING MICROSOFT

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

NO ****ING SONY

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I HAVE BEEN TORTURED BY CONSOLE EXCLUSIVE GAMES FOR ONE DAY ENOUGH ALREADY

**** EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Because Devil May Cry is totally about Storytelling.

Which is why I have no faith in it anymore. Why care about a series whose track record in stroy is that of an anime for 12 year olds? and gameplay beginning to repeat itself instead of being different from the last? (DMC3 to DMC4 to DmC) It's just another streetfighter with no big difference from game-to-game except with graphics and how you press the buttons.

I agree though. Platinum should have DMC and have Kamiya direct it because he have actually made quality games. Nintendo and Megaman is an amazing pair and Sony themselves developing the new Resident Evil won't be too bad.

Actually, I was also thinking Suda 51 could also do a DMC game.

The Final Offer

I think this entire thread is now "Who suits what". I'm going to go the logical way on this and do things based off of the homes of each Capcom series and also the connection both Nintendo and Sony have with one another. I'm certain Nintendo would share with Sony and Sony would share with Nintendo. They actually like what one another is doing for gaming.

I don't know why I keep reading that Platinum Games should get Devil May Cry. They have a Devil May Cry and it's called BAYONETTA.

I'm not a fan of a game developer who keeps trying to recreate the same game over and over. Wacky, over the top, and simplistic stories. If they did THAT to RAIDEN who was shaping up to be an honorable character. Then I think they should just stay with what they have. Do you guys even understand how they ruined Raiden?

Platinum needs to keep themselves away from Devil May Cry. They can use Dante, just stay away from the lore.

Resident Evil, with a exclusive story, should be with Sony's PS4 and PS Vita. The other exclusive story should be with Wii U and 3DS.

Devil May Cry should stay with Capcom's internal crew whilst DmC remains with Ninja Theory.

Fighting games should remain multiplatform.

Megaman series (X, Original, and Legends) should go to Sony and Nintendo platforms.

Onimusha is a no brainer and should be handled by Sony once again.

Strider can go to both Sony and Nintendo.

Monster Hunter can go from Sony and Nintendo.

Dead Rising should remain with Microsoft.

Dragon's Dogma Sony and Microsoft.

Breath of Fire for handhelds and HD editions for PS4 Wii U.

Lost Planet to Microsoft and Sony.

Sengoku Basara Sony and Nintendo.

Dino Crisis to all.

Everybody cool with that? Yeah? Sweet.​

Maxman

I think the whole idea of Capcom going over to an exclusive platform holder, I think its pretty douchebag move for them
If they are into trouble , then why limit yourself to only one market ? why not ALL of them ?

And as far as I have known, Capcom has only done its exclusivity shenanigans when they have been paid by a platform holder(other that Mikami's Fanboyism for nintendo)

Dark Drakan

Admin
I don't think Capcom going exclusive to any one system would be good or a smart decision for them.
If they're in trouble financially then why limit your market to one audience instead of 3, nintendo, Sony & Micro.

My point exactly, when you have been struggling financially it would be stupid to go exclusive unless they are funding you with a lot of cash or helping with publishing costs for an entire series.

The Final Offer

CapcomDesignWorksWall.png

942440_10151580332217147_1170911674_n.jpg

Top Bottom