• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom Announce New Titles 2014!

DjRunza

Mercenary of Darkness
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/01/03/capcom-looking-forward-announcing-several-new-titles-2014/

I don't know if you guys already seen this article recently but I'm just gonna post this as it is related to Capcom news. I'd screaming out loud like nobody else on earth excitedly if they would actually announce a new MegaMan, Onimusha 5 or of course, one of the MOST awaiting game that we've been waiting for, Devil May Cry 5! I AM SO HYPE FOR THIS! But as usual, do not keep our expectations high. Nevertheless, let us keep praying for making it happen!

7QOpa.png

So, what are your prediction for this year's new games announcement? :D

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Miles Edgeworth: Ace Attorney investigations 1 and 2 3D w/ North American release

Dead Rising 3: Off the Record (FRANK WEST FTW!!!)

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I don't think we'll ever see another Mega Man title again (I'm sorry to say). Last I'd heard, Capcom had retired the series. :(

I also think it's too soon for a DMC5 to be announced; I think they'll give the reboot a bit more time to sink in with people, first. After all, it's only been what? Eleven months since it was released?

I'm not sure there even will be a DMC5; aside from the fact that when asked, both Hideki Kamiya and Hideaki Itsuno (separately, I don't think anyone's asked them to collaborate) have stated they'd love to work on a DMC5, I don't think there's been any actual word on whether Capcom is interested in developing it.

We'll see what Capcom brings out this year; if it catches my fancy, I'll buy it. If not, oh well. (Though with the next gen consoles out, I may be hard pressed to find any "new" games, since I'm still working with a PS3, and intend to for quite awhile longer).

berto

I Saw the Devil
Gimme Resident Eviiiil
it seems that capcom now blames poor salesof resident evil game s on the fact that its largest chunk of the fan base been in their late 30s to 40s and as we all know those are ages people no longer game at. that could be pretty bad for resident evil fans depending on how they plan on prociding with said mentality.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
If Capcom is still staying true to the "wanting more DMC in 2015" then maybe we'll get a DMC5 announcement half way through 2014 and a confirmed 2015 release date.
As for Dante, I wish developers would abandon the s**tty younger approach and focus on an older Dante.

As for Resident Evil 7, it's just gonna be another expensive failure considering what Capcom has just said lately.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
If Capcom is still staying true to the "wanting more DMC in 2015" then maybe we'll get a DMC5 announcement half way through 2014 and a confirmed 2015 release date.
As for Dante, I wish developers would abandon the s**tty younger approach and focus on an older Dante.

They want to put another Devil May Cry out by 2015? Huh, I hadn't heard. I guess I've got some searching to do in order to get the details.

Edit: Searched. Every article I found was from 2012 and 2013, so it's hard to say if they'll stick to that 2015 release. It also didn't specify which franchise would continue. I know word is that the DmC sequel has been cancelled, but things change, so I guess we'll see what they do.

Last edited:

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Edit: Searched. Every article I found was from 2012 and 2013, so it's hard to say if they'll stick to that 2015 release. It also didn't specify which franchise would continue. I know word is that the DmC sequel has been cancelled, but things change, so I guess we'll see what they do.

There's been no word of a DmC sequel being cancelled.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
There's been no word of a DmC sequel being cancelled.

My bad. *Shrug* I never said it was a confirmed fact; I probably should have said, "There have been rumours that DmC2 has been cancelled".

Other than speculation, I can't find any links confirming or denying it.

IncarnatedDemon

They were quite specific about which game they wanted to make sequel for:

"For DMC Devil May Cry, development will require five years due to the time needed to select development companies because of our decision to switch to external development," Haruhiro Tsujimoto said. "But our goal is to reduce the cycle to 2.5 years for subsequent titles in this series."

But it doesn't give a hint of a sequel being cancelled, only the plans to make one.

Top Bottom