• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom and Ninja Theory announce DMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meg

I have just lost all faith in Ninja Theory and Capcom. This is the last thing I could ever imagine them doing with DMC. As an original game it looks cool, but this is in no way shape or form the DMC I expected and really really wanted. A younger Dante? Really? We already have DMC3 how many prequels do we need? And W.T.F is with Dante's new look? This is worse than Cole's new look for inFAMOUS 2. At least that Cole kinda looked like the guy from the first game, but this? Words can't even describe.

Well it looks like we all know what "westernized" means. Honestly, I know I said that I just want a new DMC game, but if this is the direction they are going to take, you know, screwing up an already confusing series, then forget it.

Maybe if we b*tch enough they'll change Dante's appearance like what Sucker Punch did with Cole.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
meg127;273491 said:
I have just lost all faith in Ninja Theory and Capcom. This is the last thing I could ever imagine them doing with DMC. As an original game it looks cool, but this is in no way shape or form the DMC I expected and really really wanted. A younger Dante? Really? We already have DMC3 how many prequels do we need? And W.T.F is with Dante's new look? This is worse than Cole's new look for inFAMOUS 2. At least that Cole kinda looked like the guy from the first game, but this? Words can't even describe.

Well it looks like we all know what "westernized" means. Honestly, I know I said that I just want a new DMC game, but if this is the direction they are going to take, you know, screwing up an already confusing series, then forget it.

Maybe if we b*tch enough they'll change Dante's appearance like what Sucker Punch did with Cole.

Well, if you want to do it, no one is stopping you. :lol:

If I may suggest, make a big petition to reject Dante's new look, making a protest video or something, or etc.

I am kinda neutral towards Dante new look, so I am going along where the wind flows: whether they will stick with this new look, or change it. Either way, it is fine by me.

Meg

I liked to think that they would listen, but this! Way to go Capcom, in an effort to gain new fans for the series you alienated the current ones. And why's Dante's voice so....he sounds like Cole! My God this game is actually inFAMOUS 3! ;)

moseslmpg

This is an abomination. There was no reason to even relate this to the main series. It is hardly a reboot or reimagining, because it keeps absolutely nothing from the original series.

Not only that, but there were a few things in the original series that weren't tied up yet. Nero, Capcom? You remember that guy? Remember how DMC4 was made specifically for newbs?

There is no reason for them to reboot and to reboot so carelessly with the history of the series. ""We're taking a younger Dante" that incorporates the youth culture of today, from fashion to music to street art, etc." DO NOT WANT. Who ever asked for this? None of the polls I have seen have indicated they wanted anything like this.

As a standalone game, maybe it makes sense. But as a reboot there are way better ways to reimagine DMC. Capcom needs to take a look at their MM series like MMLegends or MMZ. Those are good reboots, flashforwards. This is not. The least they could do was give Dante white hair. The way I see it, there are two possibilities:
1. This is an actual reboot, and hopefully the only game in such a series. Hopefully Capcom or whoever is working on something that pertains to the real series that people actually care about. If this is the case, they should have just made it a different game or different character.
2. This is some kind of far into the future thing with this "Dante" as Dante and Lady's son or Nero and Kyrie's son. (Given how skinny and vulnerable he is, he seems to be more human than demon).

I will say that I do like the increased weapon selection, and the environmental damage and the graphics, but that is little consolation. Suffice it to say, this is a rental, and apparently a generic one at that. NG3, Darksiders 2, Shadows o the Damned, here I come.

I didn't think it was possible, but Capcom has disappointed 100% of the fanbase and not given anybody what they wanted, in one fell swoop. I can only applaud at their almost paragonal level of fail. In fact, I think I will make a petition on their site for them to change their name from Capcom to:
x-FAILCOM.png

Meg

^ *applauds* FAILCOM I like it. :lol: Rep for you.

Honestly though I couldn't agree more. Capcom, you've out failed yourselves.

Lerrion

Wild Ranger
Epic Fail this trailer is! While the ACTION and graphics are stunning, and I did enjoy this short demonstration, it is going to be a failure. In my eyes at least. I considered DMC one of the best action games ever when I first started playing it, now... I dunno. Everything is good, only two this disgust me - first, snake-like Rebellion .I hope it's just other weapon, because Rebellion MUST remain an unbreakable broad sword. Second, indeed, his hair. I noticed it has a mohawk-like white stripe... That sucks!!! Dante without his trademark hair is like Mario without his hat and mustache! WTF?!!! They must change his head....

Still, let's not give up hope. We can't really say much, since there's only one trailer and a few screenshots.... Let's stay optimistic, even though it's NOT my style

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
I am at least happy that the game is on the making, maybe the reboot will work we just have to wait, the game is probably in a stage of start, many changes can occur it is developed.

Meg

*continuing conspiracy theory stated above* This new Dante is actually Cole in disguise. I mean look!

PROOF!

DMC_inline_1284555862.jpg

infamous-2-20100817040314357-000.jpg

A.$h!nati

$mok!n $!ck $tyle!
the name of this game is Devil May Cry DNA , it's not the fifth game.

search in google about DMC DNA and you will find it

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I should be so angry but im not this is half what I was hoping for. I have no problems with a total reboot and the obvious cut and run from Nero because Dante has been torn down again (yay)

And we appear to have a new VA who sounds more badass than all of them so far.

R.I.P Nero, like Vergil I will forever admire you for the one awesome game you were in. It was probably for the best.

moseslmpg

I don't even consider this a DMC game. Hopefully, once this is out of the way, Capcom will make the real DMC5.

Darth: You were seriously hoping for them to take a dump on the entire series? They didn't break Dante down, they just copped out and didn't even try to further the story.

aka958

Don't trust people
I feel... a little dead inside...

That is not DMC! Not the atmosphere, not the demons, not the style, NOTHING!

The cinematics doesn't feel like DMC, it has another feeling to it, something completely out of the original.

WHAT THE **** IS THAT KIND OF MUSIC!?! That sounds like music from some action movie not DMC!

WHO THE **** IS THAT!? That is some smoking kid thinking he is badass, so ****ing disappointing...

The voice? It's sick! It is not the voice of Dante!

Everything which turned DMC to what it was is dead! DEAD! **** capcom! **** them all!

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Actually it struck while I was writting at some other forum...this not Dante...it's the total opossite and everything Kamiya DIDN'T want Dante to be in DMC.Are we out for revenge against Kamiya just to satisfy your egos CrAPCOM?????EH?????????????

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
*Pats on shoulder*Have courage...if it really is dead then...it really was a good run!*Manly tears flow.*

Vampi

Oh i just can't wait until they mess up Vergil. This time Vergil will be a cocaine addict and listen to rap music and carry a cane and an have an afro. Cause that's what us western folks love ya know. We loves'z our rap and our guys looking like gay drug addicts. Sexy! *sarcasm*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom