• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom and Ninja Theory aim to take DmC to the next level with the same Devil May Cry DNA fans love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer

Here are some new details straight from Capcom at E3.
  • Capcom will be bringing everything fans want more weapons new enemies, new abilities, and keep the same feel from previous games that fans love.
  • There will be interactive environments and the world will shift and shape changing the levels will be a new feature in the game.
  • New world,new Dante and new style
  • The director working on the project has worked on all previous devil may cry games.
  • Ninja Theory respects the DMC brand and wants to innovate the series
  • The new weapons will add an additional layer of depth to the game that will integrate with the combat and puzzle solving
  • Yes there will be brand new bosses
  • Fans of the previous games will be pleasantly surprised at who will be in the game
  • brand new story that will change the series
  • More characters and story details will be revealed soon
I am excited to see more as im sure all DMC fans are! If you havent seen the trailer already then check it out here.

Source: http://vegivo.com/2011/06/14/capcom...el-with-the-same-devil-may-cry-dna-fans-love/

Asmodaius

"Fans of the previous games will be pleasantly surprised at who will be in the game"

If this means Lucia will make an appearance, I will be most pleased. ^^
I am one of the few who seem to care about her, but I loved playing as her in DMC2.

I hope this also means we will see Vergil and Trish, and possibly Lady.

DemonDream

Lin Kuei (Forest Demon)
Premium
"Fans of the previous games will be pleasantly surprised at who will be in the game"

If this means Lucia will make an appearance, I will be most pleased. ^^
I am one of the few who seem to care about her, but I loved playing as her in DMC2.

I hope this also means we will see Vergil and Trish, and possibly Lady.

Any of those four are great. I actually do miss lucia because she did appeared in only one game. I always wondered is there ever a real "gloria" in the dmc universe?

aka958

Don't trust people
They probably mean Vergil.

However I don't think anyone would be pleasantly surprised in that case. .-.

Mr Anderson

gun slinging sword master
They probably mean Vergil.

However I don't think anyone would be pleasantly surprised in that case. .-.

I would I played DMC 3 first and love him I was just ****ed off all he had was dark slayer and it was trickster with less moves.

aka958

Don't trust people
I would I played DMC 3 first and love him I was just ****ed off all he had was dark slayer and it was trickster with less moves.

<.<

Surprised. If they say there will be a character that'll make an appearance from the other series that'll pleasantly surprise people it is most likely Vergil, the character everyone wanted in DMC4 and nagged that they wanted in DMC5. .-.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Vergil is to obvious to be a surprise. from the little information they have provided it would be hard for them to not include him so there are two possiblities:
1. Capcom and Ninja Theory aren't quite intellegent enough to realize how obvious including Vergil is so they think he will be a surprise
2. Vergil is not the surprise, meaning it will be an actual surprise (no clue who it could be )

i wish i could say that the second possiblity is more likely but both companies have shown themselves to be a little slow to figure things out (at least when it comes to Devil May Cry).

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Its a reboot, Its screaming to me, "let's f*** up the story. AND, lets tie it in with the DMC4 novel" (you know what I mean.)
I don't trust capcom and i don't trust NT either. The Uk magazines admit this reboot was not needed.

NT and Capcom aren't singing from the same sheet, what Capcom want and what NT want are a little different.
Capcom wants to keep the series the same, but nt wants to change it with new innovations and ideas... Capcom should've kept to making the games themselves. Too many cooks spoil the broth methinks

Vergil, Trish, and Lady wouldn't be a surprise. But Lucia or Arkham would ;)

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Its a reboot, Its screaming to me, "let's f*** up the story. AND, lets tie it in with the DMC4 novel" (you know what I mean.)
I don't trust capcom and i don't trust NT either. The Uk magazines admit this reboot was not needed.

NT and Capcom aren't singing from the same sheet, what Capcom want and what NT want are a little different.
Capcom wants to keep the series the same, but nt wants to change it with new innovations and ideas... Capcom should've kept to making the games themselves. Too many cooks spoil the broth methinks

Vergil, Trish, and Lady wouldn't be a surprise. But Lucia or Arkham would ;)

I completely agree.

The part that caught my attention (and sort of ****ed me off) was,

"brand new story that will change the series"

I definitely do not want NT to change ANYTHING in the series or alter or mess up some of the story that we all know and love.

To put it frankly I do not trust NT one f'ning bit and I am really worried now that NT may somehow butcher the DMC story.

Although I must admit that I am curious to see who the character surprise will be.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
The more I hear about this game, the less I want it.

If Capcom can pull this off and it is any good, I shall be able to pull rabbits outta my arse. (yup, i already feel sorry for the rabbit.) Sorry for the imagery.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
The director working on the project has worked on all previous devil may cry games
Oh. Oh, damn. I take back everything I said before. This game is going to Fail./jk

The new weapons will add an additional layer of depth to the game that will integrate with the combat and puzzle solving
Nuuuuuuu! No more puzzles! It took me HOURS to figure out how the hell to get out of that Mitis Forest trap with Nero. No more puzzles! I don't want to think! I just want to FIGHT!!!!!!!!! Fight, fight, fight....
(please note, it might be my sugar rush talking here)

Yes there will be brand new bosses
I find this very stupid. Not that there will be new bosses, but that Capcom said there will be. Well DUH. Someone must have asked the stupid question : (in whiny fan-rage voice) Will there at least be new bosses?
Capcom: (eye-roll) Yes there will be brand new bosses.
I mean, really, DUH.

Fans of the previous games will be pleasantly surprised at who will be in the game
My bets are on it being Lady. She was sort of present 'back in the day', according to the DMC mangas, she and Dante have crossed paths before but they were so wrapped up in their own lives that they didn't take note of each other.
Possibly Mundus, but I have my doubts since it's a 'new' story.
Just plllllleeeeeaaaassssseeee don't let it be Sparda.

More characters and story details will be revealed soon
Define soon. :mad:

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
If this was a canon DMC title and there was no such thing as in-justice in the world, then it would be Enzo from Bayonetta! :p

EDIT: as the surprise char I mean

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
DS: I'm not sure, but there is a gaming show that begins on my birthday and finishes a few days later (15th-17th Aug) (I'm sure there's gonna be an announcement there that'll make or break my day.) But I don't think there is anything before that. Then Again that might be a developers conference only and no games on the agenda. Then there's Tokyo game show in September.

EDIT: Gamescon (i think it's called). http://www.gdceurope.com/events/

SpawnShooter

@ VB we have the Japan games expo on the 30th of this month I think (I'm following a new DBZ game...we get one every year, I don't even need to follow them TBH it's always the same....it will be released in November too if anyone's curious ;)) now I think the possibility of this game showing there is nil....but I ain't guessing nothing regarding the PR for DmC! XD

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
@ VB we have the Japan games expo on the 30th of this month I think (I'm following a new DBZ game...we get one every year, I don't even need to follow them TBH it's always the same....it will be released in November too if anyone's curious ;)) now I think the possibility of this game showing there is nil....but I ain't guessing nothing regarding the PR for DmC! XD

I only know of the two main events (E3 and TGS). Surely if they're going to preview anything about DMC, it'll be at a big event.... :s

SpawnShooter

I only know of the two main events (E3 and TGS). Surely if they're going to preview anything about DMC, it'll be at a big event.... :s

I agree, looking back I just wanted to get DBZ in there ;) as they said it would be playable by the end of the year, I guess TGS will be their chance to show it.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
They did say gamescon specifically .
As for brand new story, i hope they do one that actually makes me care about dante and the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom