• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Can't get over the wall - Mission 11

notquitestr8t

I've tried a million times but cannot get over the wall in Mission 11. I have the PC version and must use the keyboard. I've viewed several videos and walk-throughs without luck. I do have air-hike but my keystrokes don't seem to register fast enough to be able to use it. Quad core 6600 with NVidia: GTX 260 and 3 gigs of RAM. ANY help would be appreciated short of telling me to by a game console.
Thanks,
CO

Sparda™

There's nothing extraordinary.

I have DMC4 for PC too. Just follow the little cutscenes so you can get oriented at what part of the elevators get unlocked and It's easy.

Follow a circular route till you get to the top.

Nero_Sparda

The Emotional Devil
I have both the ps3 version and the pc version. I have to say it's just the same aside from the additional mode. can you tell me if the wall you are talking about is the one with those grim grips?

notquitestr8t

Yes, it's right after you have the options to power up. One Red Orb on the lower level, 2 grim grips with Red Orbs floating above them. I am able to collect all the orbs, and I can even get from one grip to the other, however, I can't wall kick or air over the wall to the next scene. None of the walk-throughs state that it is difficult which is why I don't understand what my problem is.

Nero_Sparda

The Emotional Devil
here's a tip. just keep grabbing each grim grip until you reach the last. this must be done simultaneously. this will keep you at a level where you can travel the most distance since you are almost going in a straight line. I'm not sure if this helps but it has been a habit of mine to keep pressing the button towards the direction I'm going. after grabbing the last grim grip, make sure you prepare to quickly press jump as soon as you're close enough to the wall to either do an air hike or wall jump. hope this helps. if you have anymore questions feel free to drop me a message or pm.

notquitestr8t

I've tried everything without luck. My keyboard is probably a piece of Sh!t and I need to get a USB2 keyboard or a game console. That said, please advise as to the best bet on either of these.

Koemi

half-breed
the wall? is it the one after the elevator with a golden statue?? :\

it can be just a matter of aiming the last grip. i had that problem back then as well.

think of it as a physics problem: you need enough projectile to get you over that last wall, right? and gravity still have effect on Nero, right? so that means you can't aim horizontally. from the 2nd to the 3rd, try to let Nero free-fall a bit before grabbing the last 3rd - he should be shooting himself up. If that doesn't help, try simply landing on the ground below - between 2nd and 3rd grip, a bit closer to the 3rd - jump, air hike, grap. that should "shoot" you very close to the top or over the top. :) wall jump if you are a bit off

hope this helps ^_^

notquitestr8t

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. Really, I have tried them all. I feel like such a retard! Since I made it to this level without too many problems, I really think perhaps it's a hardware issue. I have the old 9-pin keyboard. I'm going to try to find out if there is really a response time difference between that and a USB 2 keyboard. That failing, I"ll have to consider a game console or giving this up. Any suggestions on PC game consoles would be appreciated.

DeviRyuuD

Devilicious Devi
There shouldnt be any differences between keyboard port types.
How should i put this, when the second Grim grip is at the middle - jump and grip the first one. Don`t release the space(lock on) and keep pushing your Devil bringer button, wich is most likely L until it grips the last grim grip.
With this you should prolly slingshot up on the wall. Ofcourse, having Air-hike is most considerate.
Everyone has problems the first time, i couldnt get over the first wall ;) Just keep practicing and you`ll make it. If you can`t make it, just redo some of the previous missions, like the 9th or 10th, for addition Souls and get the Air-Hike.
Hope that helped.

Edit: There`s nothing wrong with your system!

notquitestr8t

Well, I splurged and got a G11 keyboard for $60. It took me a few tries but that did the trick. I'm on mission 12 now and learning all of Dante's moves. Glad to be back in the game! Thanks everyone!

Top Bottom