• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Can this new DmC deliver 8+ score and great sales

what direction you think would be the best for the dmc series

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
DMC is not a adventure game.
But yes Call of Duty games makes things hard for games thats' better than them.

Tiran

The great pretender.
Yeah, that's probably the case. I hope this game turns out to be good and despite how it sells, Ninja theory move on. Then, Sony, seeing the vast improvement in game-play they must have picked up from there experience on this project, taps them for a heavenly sword sequel.

Dantino

That crazy dude on the internet...
well capcom has got other huge titles coming up like Dragons dogma(a huge percentage on the team is working on that) & Asura's wrath(a fair amount of team capcom working on that) & DmC(Just a few key personnels,if NT wasn't making dmc there PROBABLY won't even be a dmc in the making as of now as most of the team are working on DD & Asura's wrath). If those titles hit & DmC fails(i hope not) they may just close the dmc-book and have those "few key personnels" focus their attention on the new hit titles. But if DmC comes out nicely,they'd just let ninja theory carry-on meaning more dmc.

ImPoSsSibLe to CaTcH

D*C will have a great score and reviewers won't stop talking with full mouth how good the game is like they've been doing since D*C was announced but great sales that's something D*C will not achieve . There are consequences and that's something capcom can't bribe or escape from.

D*C will have a great score and reviewers won't stop talking with full mouth how good the game is like they've been doing since D*C was announced but great sales that's something D*C will not achieve . There are consequences and that's something capcom can't bribe or escape from.
Bribe?
Capcom was bribing in the past?

ReRave

smug jerk
I get the feeling, that I encountered you on the NT-forums already...

First of all: the bribing affair with Namco has been made up by one single Youtube-User; most of you guys know him as Eventstatus. There is no proof whatsoever, except for one guy, who played Enslaved, didn't like it and blamed the reviewers for not being of his opinion.

Next: DmC might sell pretty well for all we know: It has a huge internet presence, people all over the world are talking about the most hated game in current gaming history. That should make people curious. If the good reviews roll in, I'd bet my girlfriend on people changing (and non-fans of the old franchise setting) their mind so quickly, Dante won't even be fast enough to say "Jackpot".
I have high hopes in this game.

Tiran

The great pretender.
I get the feeling, that I encountered you on the NT-forums already...

First of all: the bribing affair with Namco has been made up by one single Youtube-User; most of you guys know him as Eventstatus. There is no proof whatsoever, except for one guy, who played Enslaved, didn't like it and blamed the reviewers for not being of his opinion.

Next: DmC might sell pretty well for all we know: It has a huge internet presence, people all over the world are talking about the most hated game in current gaming history. That should make people curious. If the good reviews roll in, I'd bet my girlfriend on people changing (and non-fans of the old franchise setting) their mind so quickly, Dante won't even be fast enough to say "Jackpot".
I have high hopes in this game.

Even if the game is claimed to cause players to orgasm wildly upon achieving triple 's' rating, it's equally as foolish to give ridiculously high hopes up for a game we know so little about. Unless the little we've seen is all you care about. I am carefully open-minded, optimistic and, mostly curious but growing ever impatient.

ReRave

smug jerk
Even if the game is claimed to cause players to orgasm wildly upon achieving triple 's' rating, it's equally as foolish to give ridiculously high hopes up for a game we know so little about. Unless the little we've seen is all you care about. I am carefully open-minded, optimistic and, mostly curious but growing ever impatient.
I didn't mean to imply, that the game will 1000% rock, but I see where I formulated my point faulty: My point is, that DmC might get very good sales numbers (condition: good reviews, good metacrit-score), because suddendly the crowd who didn't care for the earlier installment and only got interested in this game because of the outrage in the first place, might want to check out what the fuss was all about.

You got one thing right though: I have "ridiculously" high hopes in this game, because NT proved to be competent already, though a lot of hardcore-gamers can't appreciate a decent gaming experience anymore. Fun suddendly became a buzzword, it's allabout being on top of highscores, figuring out yet another intricate bug you can use to continue your combo and so on. Peope go on forums, claiming the Uncharted-series to be ****, calling Skyrim a game for babies and casuals. I am not a hardcore-player. I enjoyed the DMC-games and replayed them once or twice (hell, I am good enough without JC), but they never were the focal point of my life, as I assume is true for many people out there.
DmC has done everything right until now, why would I not have high hopes? The game doesn't look bad; It's graphics are superb for now, the style and artwork are stunningly beautiful in comparison to the plain and simple levels of DMC4, the Stances make the horrible style-switch-system obsolete and Limbo brings some credibility into the old one-dimensional Underworld/Demonworld/Hell in DMC 1-4.
I believe I have reason to believe this game will be great.

ReRave

smug jerk
You and I have reason to believe this game SHOULD be great.
Actually, I chose "will", because the changes that we have seen so far make the game better than any other DMC-game there was before to me. It's up to NT to really keep their promises, but so far they have kept all of them (at least the ones I remember, feel free to correct me): Framerate is not an issue of speed, but of fluidity anyways, so I`m not going into that too deeply for now, but we can clearly see, that the gameplay is swift, smooth and responsive at this stage of developement already adn there's nothing more I could wish for. Implementing more weapons, pre-scripted "Limbo-Hunt"-levels and a believable story shouldn't be that much of a problem for the developers.
So, yeah, I think I AM crazily optimistic, but I have my reasons.

Tiran

The great pretender.
Actually, I chose "will", because the changes that we have seen so far make the game better than any other DMC-game there was before to me. It's up to NT to really keep their promises, but so far they have kept all of them (at least the ones I remember, feel free to correct me): Framerate is not an issue of speed, but of fluidity anyways, so I`m not going into that too deeply for now, but we can clearly see, that the gameplay is swift, smooth and responsive at this stage of developement already adn there's nothing more I could wish for. Implementing more weapons, pre-scripted "Limbo-Hunt"-levels and a believable story shouldn't be that much of a problem for the developers.
So, yeah, I think I AM crazily optimistic, but I have my reasons.

Actually, I'm looking for two things to cement my allegiance to a first day buy... Variety of enemies and amount of weapons.

ReRave

smug jerk
Actually, I'm looking for two things to cement my allegiance to a first day buy... Variety of enemies and amount of weapons.
I was pondering those, too, but then I figured, that those points were not important at this stage of developement.

Tiran

The great pretender.
I was pondering those, too, but then I figured, that those points were not important at this stage of developement.

Um, they are important. It's too late to care when the game is finished and the closer we get to that, the less time there is for adjustments.

ReRave

smug jerk
Um, they are important. It's too late to care when the game is finished and the closer we get to that, the less time there is for adjustments.
Ok, before this ends in a "YES! against NO!" kind of discussion: You don't start building a house from the roof (extra weapons, more enemies etc), but from the foundation (Combat system, gameplay in general). Seeing how much more time this game might spend in developement (rumour has it, another year), I don't care. There is concept art for various kinds of enemies floating around already (though, it's mostly the standard-puppet-thingies and the boss-magot) and Jones already said, that there will be a wider range of weapons, than in DMC3 in the final product. I don't see your point.

Dantino

That crazy dude on the internet...
Ok, before this ends in a "YES! against NO!" kind of discussion: You don't start building a house from the roof (extra weapons, more enemies etc), but from the foundation (Combat system, gameplay in general). Seeing how much more time this game might spend in developement (rumour has it, another year), I don't care. There is concept art for various kinds of enemies floating around already (though, it's mostly the standard-puppet-thingies and the boss-magot) and Jones already said, that there will be a wider range of weapons, than in DMC3 in the final product. I don't see your point.
Tameem already said weapons would be interchangeable via the d-pad(4 weapons including rebellion & each weapon would have it's angel/demon form making a total of 12melee weapons). And if i'm correct Ivory & Ebony+Rebellion are his human form weapons,so the other 3 d-pad melee weapons would probably come with their guns/firearm(in their human form). So that makes a total of 12 melee weapons & 4 guns.
They've already shown 3 mini-bosses for now.
Drone-Type A(chainsaw)
Type B(blade)
Stinger(flying)
Tank Drone.
I'm sure there would be others. They just don't want to ruin the surprise(we don't need any spoilers,do we?).

Lulu_Way

DMC Fan X
Gamers can't seem to be happy with any direction most companies go with. If a game is too similar to the previous one, they get called Lazy. But when they try to change or revamp the series everyone starts to scream 'Sacrilege!' and grabs their pitchforks. Gamers don't want the same game over and over again, yet they hate the slightest change. Companies just can't win these days.

I mean look at RE4. That turned out great.

BTW people shouldn't say this game is **** before playing it. Have you read the script? NO. Have you seen anything besides the trailers? NO. Then you can't judge what you don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom