• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Can someone give me tips for MAX-Act?

EwadS2342

I was having problems with the MAX-Act skill in the game, I always get a single bar for exceed, and I know practice makes perfect, so I need some tips like when I should press the Exceed button (Q on my PC).

seraphmaycry

i'm no expert on DMC4, and somebody will probably come up with a better post then me.

The process is like jump cancelling, you have to find that one spot in each attack through many attempts (or a handy youtube video, check for those) and practice it until it becomes one of your brains automatic responses, like putting your shoes on and getting in the car to go somewhere without even realizing you did anything, full autopilot is the ideal.

i think the forward lock on move (i don't remember what it's called) is fairly easy to do, i remember being able to get it right a decent amount of the time when i played Nero.

if you've learnt how to jump cancel pretend it's that exact process.

also, a controller reconfig may help you, i use default sword and charge but other button set ups may be easier for you to work with, i only just remembered typing this that my dmc3 set-up isn't the default.

Rolanthas

Yeah I also use Nero's Streak ( forward lock on) for an easy Max-Act. That would be a good way to start.

Regular revs and Max-Act have a nano second difference in timing. You can probably find a frame by frame guide for each moves Max Act timing, but it'd be easier to stick with one easy move and just repeat it until you feel confident with the timing.

seraphmaycry

Thanks guys for the tips, really appreciate it.
Streak is a good start for me for mastering MAX-act.

i also found the nero regular attacks, the ones done with just the input of Y (or whatever it is on PC or playstation controller) work quite nice, i can't remember much about any of his other moves in regard to max-act, i was never a nero fan so didn't play him much and have not even played DMC4 in a long time because i am more entertained by DMC3

InfernalOverkill

Mors Ante Infamiam
I find shuffle, first aerial wave swing and first regular attack swing are the easiest moves to do it with. Practice with those and eventually you'll get it :wink:

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
I feel confident and comfortable with the timing of the first hit of the aerial rave and streak. I don't think there's some shortcut to master this, the best way is to pick one or two moves you find practical and practice to max them. To be honest, i don't think it's possible to have too much consistency with MAX-Act, and i'm actually pretty comfortable doing this like 1-frame links in SSFIV (I play Evil Ryu and Abel, and their basic combos have 1f links) but i never had the consistency i have with their combos with MAX-Act.

Picard

Starfleet Demon
Same here. It comes down to feel and practice, while I did notice that EX-Act is done when you press Q while blade is roughly horizontal (for an overhead one-hand attack), I still rely on "feeling" it. If my explanation makes any sense.

Top Bottom