• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Can anyone help me? Just a curious question.

seraphmaycry

So this is about the marvel vs capcom franchise.

What happened to it? i mean, i love the game, it's well received, from what i've seen at least, it seems profitable, did people just stop buying it and that screwed up the servers? why did they just remove it from the online stores and keep the servers running? was it to best sales by adding pressure? why isn't there any news for MVC4 after an amount of time in the gaming industry that is odd to not have a sequel at least in early development by know, since the average time between game releases is a few years only it's odd nothing has been heard of from a series so great there was two sequels and an ultimate edition, that means there was clearly profit, for quite a few years, is capcom sitting on it and waiting? did they forgot about it somehow? does marvel hate them?

then why did they do a super cheap mvc game that was basically a re-release only a short time (although a decent amount in the gaming industry) ago? (i don't consider that thing news or indication of the series having a future, due to how lazy it seems to be)

it just all seems like such a weird thing.

clearly they have some crazy financial plan, it's capcom, although since they're selling themselves and marvel probably won't want to work with nintendo there is no real hope for the series.

but yeah, i want to know because it just seems so weird, especially for capcom.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
It is more like Marvel issue. It is possible that Marvel does not want any other developers or publishers to develop any Marvel related games, and revoke their license from Capcom. I personally suspect it is Disney's decision, considering they are the ones who own Marvel now. Not only Marvel vs. Capcom games were removed from online stores, but many other Marvel games like Deadpool.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/...s-capcom-2-online-seemingly-unrelated-capcom/

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2014/01/01/deadpool-disappears-from-digital-stores/

Last edited:

seraphmaycry

It is more like Marvel issue. It is possible that Marvel does not want any other developers or publishers to develop any Marvel related games, and revoke their license from Capcom. I personally suspect it is Disney's decision, considering they are the ones who own Marvel now. Not only Marvel vs. Capcom games were removed from online stores, but many other Marvel games like Deadpool.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/...s-capcom-2-online-seemingly-unrelated-capcom/

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2014/01/01/deadpool-disappears-from-digital-stores/

ah, well, that's still sort of weird but that makes sense, i'm not in charge of a big company or anything so i can't pretend to be able to understand what all goes on in relation to it, but it seems at least some games would result in profit.

The Final Offer

Whoa... I really hate Marvel now.

No reason to. There are just some things Marvel can't do. I'm thinking that in a series of buildings there will be some moves that none of the others can stop.

Marvel Vs Capcom has actually been a very touchy video game if you asked me. Just around 5 years ago, this kind of thing happened and it was very hard to get MvC2 without paying over 100$. If you have MvC3, you may as well keep it in your collection because the most you'll be able to do (if they allow it) is purchasing it on PSN or Live. The hard copies will be worth something for those who want that nostalgia.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
\ The hard copies will be worth something for those who want that nostalgia.
Damn it, I should've bought an extra copy. It's my second-favorite fighting game, too.

My favorite fighters:

Strider

Vergil

Taskmaster

-------------------------

My "Second Class" choices:

Dante

Deadpool

Zero/Megaman skin

------------------------

My absolute favorite is Persona 4 Ultimax. I know it's not out yet, but I already know it'll be my favorite by far.

The Final Offer

Damn it, I should've bought an extra copy. It's my second-favorite fighting game, too.

My favorite fighters:

Strider

Vergil

Taskmaster

-------------------------

My "Second Class" choices:

Dante

Deadpool

Zero/Megaman skin

------------------------

My absolute favorite is Persona 4 Ultimax. I know it's not out yet, but I already know it'll be my favorite by far.

I actually, don't like Deadpool in MvC3. I'm seriously not into the entire Marvel cast, except for my trolling with Spiderman. :D

I'd say, Wesker, Vergil, and Akuma before I found out about tiers.

As far as I'm concerned with you liking a game before it comes out, there are some games that are like that.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I actually, don't like Deadpool in MvC3. I'm seriously not into the entire Marvel cast, except for my trolling with Spiderman. :D

I'd say, Wesker, Vergil, and Akuma before I found out about tiers.

As far as I'm concerned with you liking a game before it comes out, there are some games that are like that.
That's cool. I'm glad you understand how some games just bypass the hype and are more or less good by default.

And while I like Spider-Man, I really hate Wesker and Akuma. I would hate Vergil, but I love his moveset so much, that I can't help but use him every time I play.

The anti-Wesker/Akuma thing is personal actually. When you mentioned them (and alongside Vergil, no less) I felt like karma had come back to haunt me.

... It involved a girl I had once liked. *sigh*

Old flames, amirite?

I mean, she never liked me (big surprise there, right?) but, damn I really fell for her hard. *sigh*

berto

I Saw the Devil
Oh, Disney. And you were doing so well.

I guess after they cut off the clone wars and told CN to p!ss off I shouldn't be ever remotely surprised.

I'll bet you we'll see lots o' marvel and star wars in KH3, though, and that's some bulls#!t right there.

Top Bottom