• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

burial the new phantom

Mobfigurz

You maybe right my friend, he did seem to be easy to defeat and maybe like Phantom he will return and make a nuissance of himself.

But did anyone notice what Berial said?

Berial: 'You are just like he was'
Nero: 'And he would be?'
Berial: '??? who stole my powers'

For some odd reason, Vergil came to mind when I heard that, I cant explain why, but could have something to do with Vergil's lust for Power.

kgelaznik

i always think sparta when enemies say stuff like that but i have to remember we're not dealing with dante here:\ . Anyway i hope we see more of burial because he's so awesome looking, and what's with the wall he jumps into. it must be some sort of portal, but it's unlike any of the other ones from past dmc games. not all swirly and dark looking, it's just a wall/monolith looking thing.

Mobfigurz

He does look menacing and if he, the first boss looks that good, imagine how the rest will look, the harder bosses as we get closer to the end of the game.

I saw that, he first jumps out of it and then back into it after the fight, I guess its a portal or a resting place, more than likely a portal to the Under World or some strange place.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Hm, he escaped from Nero that's a fact. But we've seen Dante fighting him although not the conclusion of the fight. Maybe Dante finishes him off.

Mobfigurz

Tony_Redgrave;42549 said:
Hm, he escaped from Nero that's a fact. But we've seen Dante fighting him although not the conclusion of the fight. Maybe Dante finishes him off.

Oh ****, I forgot about that, we see Dante fight him also, but if Berial is the first boss in the game then how much of the game is played up until that point?

Cos according to some folks, you play without the option of being Dante for 10-15% of the game from the start.
Interesting though, I wonder at what point your able to play with Dante, theres got to be some amazing cut scene in which they give us Dante to control, to seperate the storyline

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
From the places we've seen up until now Dante is almost at the same ones Nero was. That means he is following Nero by 45% if we take into account that he wants something back from him.
However we haven't seen a cut-scene featuring only Dante to understand things a little better.
For example if the opposite is happening - Nero following Dante perhaps unknowingly - Berial says you look like him - meaning he looks like Dante.
Although I am against it since we first play as Nero. But you never know maybe we first see Dante in the cut-scene he's battling the members of the order and then we play as him to understand how he got there.

Perhaps more will be revealed soon. Although I think Capcom plans to keep her next cards hidden until the actual release of the game.

kgelaznik

when do these events take place after or before dmc2. because if it's after i think you could be right about berial referring to dante if not, i think he's talking about virgil or sparta. because he attacks nero after leaving the underworld (to me indicating that he has been in the underworld for sometime now). but i'm probably wrong. :/

Mobfigurz

I never thought about it like that, and it makes sense, since we do know we take control of Dante a lil way into the game and we have been told that Dante has levels available to him that Nero doesnt, but now you've added to my confusion.

Who is ahead of who and who's following, naturally you'd think Dante is behind Nero due to the fact we start with nero, but your point about Berial saying that in relation to Dante sounds possible.

kgelaznik

i dunno about nero being before dante i think before we take control of dante that dante is following nero and kind of covering his tracks. this is a little theory i have, the order of the sword or whatever it is is like sketchy and nero is a kind of black sheep and they are trying to off him (due to the arrival of his devil bringer, which makes part of him demon) dante knows this and is on nero's side for whatever reason. dante attacks the order of the sword because he doesn't like them and nero sees him do this so nero hates dante but dante in his inifite wisdom knows that nero will eventually come to his senses (which is when we will gain dante as a playable character) and they will join forces.

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
Though, the only bosses Ive seen so far are the Frosts and Beriul...
And them joining forces?...
Hmmmmmm, that Ill have to think about...
Alot...

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Frosts are not bosses. Just regular enemies. And the theory of the Order wanting to get rid of Nero sounds weird to me. Nero hides the fact that his arm has changed and is also the man who takes care of the Order's dirty job, therefore an important member. So I don't think they have any issues with him at the beginning of the game.

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
But, Beriul isnt the main boss-character thingy...
He could be a side-person or boss that knows something importanat about the arm and Dante and Vergil.
So he told Nero all that stuff when he went to fight him... and now in the video why did Nero look at his arm so suspitciosly?
Remember when it had the bandage on...
He looked at it and they cut the part off to Dante looking at the ceiling??

morrigan

Don't forget that we don't know what will be after battle Nero vs Berial. May be Nero will follow the boss through that door-wall and/or will kill him later.It doesn't mean that Berial is the main boss. Jester escaped from Dante in DMC3. So what?
He wasn't main boss.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Bosses reappearing throughout DMC isn't something new. All the bosses did that on DMC1. Bolverk/Arius/Argosax did on DMC2 and finally we battled every boss twice in DMC3 because of that Mission and of course we also fought Vergil 3 times;)

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
morrigan;42683 said:
Don't forget that we don't know what will be after battle Nero vs Berial. May be Nero will follow the boss through that door-wall and/or will kill him later.It doesn't mean that Berial is the main boss. Jester escaped from Dante in DMC3. So what?
He wasn't main boss.
Though, the last time Jiggz said if Jester did survive, (Arkham transferring into Jesters body before Lady shoots him in the head) then lady would be dead...
Though I didnt quite get that, either...:\

Zato-OW

King
Because dmc2 was a faliur and they are trying to replace it...nothing you see now and prolly see in future dmc will not lead up to dmc2...capcom is planning on remaking dmc2.(only rumors though)

Top Bottom