• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Box Art

Edsabre

Eagle-eyed Devil Hunter
Maybe I'm late to the party but I havent seen this posted yet. I noticed it the other day on Xbox Live when I was trying to download the extended TGS trailer, it seems like the box art is already available.

boxartlg.jpg

What does everyone think? I think it looks rad. :)

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Maybe I'm late to the party but I havent seen this posted yet. I noticed it the other day on Xbox Live when I was trying to download the extended TGS trailer, it seems like the box art is already available.

boxartlg.jpg

What does everyone think? I think it looks rad. :)
i also saw this the other day, and its a good possibility that this could be the box art and i'd like it :) but if they are just using this image as a fill-in until they get the real box art worked, that would be cool with me too.
off topic: you said you were downloading the extended trailer correct?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
It could just be a fill in.
I think it's ok if a little premature as it's based of some released art from the tgs release.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Hmm... a guess on my part, but this art has been available online for a while now, and everyone's seen it. Wouldn't the box art be something new...?

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
A terrific find, Edsabre! Methinks this is well worthy of a frontpagin'.

Edsabre

Eagle-eyed Devil Hunter
Woot! My discovery made the front page! I'm famous!
Haha, thanks for the credit, I really just happened to stumble over it. I wonder how long its been right under our noses? :)

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
Woot! My discovery made the front page! I'm famous!
Haha, thanks for the credit, I really just happened to stumble over it. I wonder how long its been right under our noses? :)
i hope its not been long otherwise we need to up our game and find out even more

Haven

Devil May Cry's a Rockin Baby!
Nice find Edsabre ;). But it doesn't say Ninja Theory anywhere on the box, on the Heavenly Sword and Enslaved boxes its usually in the middle at the bottom. So i'm waiting until NT reveal it themselves, pretty cool box art if it is it though :)

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
okay so i found out this is not the official box art for DmC. a moderator on the ninja theory forums had this to say about the box art: "The official box art has not been revealed yet, so the art on the Xbox site is just a placeholder that they are using for now."

so we have yet to see the box art.

Edsabre

Eagle-eyed Devil Hunter
okay so i found out this is not the official box art for DmC. a moderator on the ninja theory forums had this to say about the box art: "The official box art has not been revealed yet, so the art on the Xbox site is just a placeholder that they are using for now."

so we have yet to see the box art.

Aw. It looks so official! I hope the real box art keeps the colorful background, at least. Too many games are focused on grey and brown realism.

ZeroLove

Most of those examples looked like Red/Blue. But, I guess you're right. I still like the placeholder box art. :p

Yeah, but those were just some examples. I'm not saying it is bad, I'm just saying that what you said about the game covers being all brown and grey isn't completely true. However, I remember when the Playstation 3 was released, then most of the games had that brownish filter over the graphics, to make it look more "realistic". The fanmade covers in this thread are quite cool though. I like prefer those which are white, black and red though (my favourite colours. ;P)

Another boxart that makes use of the whole blue/orange method is Devil May Cry 4.

66160_0_org.jpg

Blue, orange, red and purple contrasting eachother. :p

Sawyer1331

Son Of Sparda Is Back
Nice Find Edsabre , Really Good Art , But It's Not The Official Box Art , DomVs In NT Forums Confirmed That It's Not Official
The official box art has not been revealed yet, so the art on the Xbox site is just a placeholder that they are using for now.

DomVs

Source

Top Bottom