• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Bosses in DmC

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
I think they both are in their own ways. There is huge fan expectation for both. At least with Vergil there's some sort of canon personality and behavior style to go on. Sparda is a total blank... which means fans have blatantly contradictory views of him, so someone will definitely be unsatisfied with anything you do. Not to mention the mystery is part of his.... charm.
No, Vergil is a huge risk. But i guess if you make a game about Vergil you could easily include Sparda into the story. And Sparda seems like a serious type of guy. We can see that in the DMC 1 concept art (Sparda family).

Ana

No, Vergil is a huge risk. But i guess if you make a game about Vergil you could easily include Sparda into the story. And Sparda seems like a serious type of guy. We can see that in the DMC 1 concept art (Sparda family).

... I agree? I just think they're both risks.

It really depends what part of Dante's backstory and present situation they choose to focus on in the (first) game. And speaking of the concept art, doesn't it seem like the design that became the Legendary Dark Knight costume was actually Vergil originally?

BIANCOxMORTE

that makes sense about finding a good voice actor and what not but that is the case with all characters including dante and vergil and from what i have heard dantes voice is pretty good. I would like to see sparda as a boss just to create a more emotional game, because that is why NT was given this game all in all to make a good story line connecting us emotionally to the characters. which in hope will "rebirth" devil may cry, and a battle between father and son is a good way to do that, they already did brother vs brother only thing else if not sparda would be mother vs son which would be dumb. Its just what i would like to see and i would love to fight Sparda, his moves would probably be big and epic and it would be an overall fun experience in my opinion.

chocolatepanda

The only way i could be ok with fighting Sparda would be if he was overpowered to the point where u can't win the fight. Because if u beat Sparda that kinda ruins the Legendary Dark Knight image and demotes him to being just another boss to kill IMO.

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
also they cant take sparda out of the game because then dante is gonna be just the son of some no name demon?
So what? DmC Dante doesn't even look like a true son of Sparda unlike DMC1 Dante.
that takes out way way too much and i dont think capcom would allow that.
Capcom allowed a reboot/alternate universe of DMC and allowed changing Dante's design drastically. So nothing stop them of erasing Sparda of DmC.
i still stand by my statement that sparda being in the game and creating a stronger bond between him and dante through the means of a fight would be great. Through fighting you can learn more about a person than in any other way. and sparda would be a bad ass boss...
Let me ask you one question. Even tough this fight will never happen, do you want DmC Dante to win the battle or Sparda.

BIANCOxMORTE

NT is working very closely with capcom japan to let them know when things are getting too far away from what is needed in a DmC game just like how NT's dante had to go through 100's of rejected ideas from capcom for capcom to finally say ok thats good. Now, If they fight why does one of them have to "win"? couldn't it be where you dont kill sparda or defeat him but get through to him and that has happened in many of games where you technically beat the enemy but they get away, why cant he break through with his dad. a similar scene nto when u fight vergil on the top of the tower the first time you technically beat him by depleting his health gauge but he ends up stabbing you, why cant we deplete spardas health gauge but in the cut scene it shows he was toying with dante then dante finds a way to get through to sparda and sparda realizes he is fighting his son and ends up helping you in some way before returning to the afterlife.

Domenic93

NT is working very closely with capcom japan to let them know when things are getting too far away from what is needed in a DmC game just like how NT's dante had to go through 100's of rejected ideas from capcom for capcom to finally say ok thats good. Now, If they fight why does one of them have to "win"? couldn't it be where you dont kill sparda or defeat him but get through to him and that has happened in many of games where you technically beat the enemy but they get away, why cant he break through with his dad. a similar scene nto when u fight vergil on the top of the tower the first time you technically beat him by depleting his health gauge but he ends up stabbing you, why cant we deplete spardas health gauge but in the cut scene it shows he was toying with dante then dante finds a way to get through to sparda and sparda realizes he is fighting his son and ends up helping you in some way before returning to the afterlife.
so you can feel helpless like the first boss fight of Megaman X

CHAOSBRINGER546

its better to burn out than to fade away
Premium
But he did take down mundus whose suppose on par with satan back in dmc1 so im pretty sure he can take on his seven dukes.
alltought mundus was a powerful demon in general and dante was still young he did have some training ( grunt jobs ) i mean look at the walls in the opening cutscene devil arms and demon heads pinned up by them lol

BIANCOxMORTE

so you can feel helpless like the first boss fight of Megaman X
No you can "beat" sparda but after the fight it shows that he beats you similar to the first dante vergil fight in DMC 3 where u deplete his health bar but he still stabs you in the cut scene.

D-Sparda

sparda realizes he is fighting his son and ends up helping you in some way before returning to the afterlife.
You have a fixation with Sparda being controlled. That would ruin is character, but of course, you don't seem to realise it.

BIANCOxMORTE

why are you trying to just shut my idea down? i understand you are a HUUUGE sparda fan but just because u think he is unstoppable and cant be controlled doesn't mean he cant be look at vergil, he was my favorite character but he was controlled first by arkham to make him bring out the Temen-ni-gruand give arkham spardas power, and then again by Mundus to fight his brother, so why couldn't it be a similar scenario but with his father a much stronger opponent? you cant say fighting sparda wouldn't be an epic battle of father and son. If you dont think that would be a crazy battle then you are Nuts.

D-Sparda

why are you trying to just shut my idea down?
If my words are shutting your ideas down, it's none of my business.
look at vergil, he was my favorite character but he was controlled first by arkham to make him bring out the Temen-ni-gruand give arkham spardas power, and then again by Mundus to fight his brother
For someone who was a Vergil fan, you lack knowledge. Vergil and Arkham worked together. They both used each other to reach the Force Edge and unleash Sparda's power. Both of them knew that their partnership would of come to an end, but Vergil made the first move by stabbing Arkham and later it was Arkham who made his move to claim Force Edge. My point is that Arkham didn't force Vergil to do all those things, he did it on his own free will. After all Arkham is nothing compare to the Dark Slayer.
so why couldn't it be a similar scenario but with his father a much stronger opponent?
Because it's absurd.
you cant say fighting sparda wouldn't be an epic battle of father and son. If you dont think that would be a crazy battle then you are Nuts.
Says the guy who think Sparda being controlled is a great idea. You should go write a fanfiction if you want that idea to come true.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Sparda being controlled idea isn't exactly a good idea because:
1) Sparda is dead
2) Sparda is strong

So he's not a good character to choose for that idea.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Where does it say Sparda is dead? I just thought he had disappeared.
Let's see.
Sparda sealed off demon world to protect humans. He then found a human who he fell in love with.
That human gave birth to two baby demons.
Later that human died and the two baby escaped somehow.

Then in DMC 3: Arkham goes and plans to open demon world to get Sparda's power. Vergil also wanted to do this too. Later in DMC 3 Vergil goes into demon world.

And in DMC 4 people try to open demon world again.

If Sparda has been alive all this time then he's one big of a bastard. Not being there to protect his sons and wife, the humans by keeping demons at bay.

Common sense

I wonder how he died though? Must been a side effect of him being without his powers.

Top Bottom