• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

BloodyDreams and Manberg Present, Devils Will Cry: The Legend of Sparda

moseslmpg

Whew! Alright, done. Moses the Editor here. I still have to go back and revise chapters further, certainly the earlier ones, and perhaps add a little extra formatting and a few pictures.

In any case, feel free to discuss absolutely anything related to the fic. Comments are welcome, but questions are encouraged. And, if you really want to help me out, point out any formatting or writing errors in blue and I will get to correcting them ASAP.

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
YAY i liked and enjoyed this :D

You guys should make more, i would love if you guys write how Sparda got the Rebbellion sword and the Yamato katana :D.

moseslmpg

Thanks, we're glad you liked it. BTW, Rebellion and Yamato were going to be included in the sequel to this fic, spanning the 2000 years until Sparda's death. I believe they were going to be forged out of his cast off metallic armor. I was even toying with the idea of Sparda introducing katanas to Japan or something crazy like that.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I'm still patiently looking forward to reading your Vergil collab. It can only be epic. :) I caught a few errors in the first few chapters, so when I have time I'll come post again and point them out for you. And I'm still on chapter 4. :\ Time is shady for me this week.

moseslmpg

Take your time, it's not a race :p

As for the Vergil fic, it is still in progress, we only have 7 short chapters right now and, because of Manny's marriage and my schoolwork it is kind of held up at the moment. The goal for it is epic though, and if we can pull it of, will be unique among DMC fanfics. But alas, to be an amateur writer (and editor), we can't devote our full time to making it perfect.

And remember, guys and gals, questions are welcome. Most of the things in the fic have a reason for being there and have some sort of backstory that couldn't be revealed due to time or length constraints. So, if you think you might have seen some implication or subtle message there, then it might be there. I may add a recommended reading list of books that capture the feel of the fic or that allow one to understand it better.

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
Ok, i have a question.

Why Ifrit was a rhyno?

If my mind can recall correctly the Ifrit were Gauntlets with form of a dragon.

moseslmpg

Well, he wasn't an actual rhinoceros like the animal, but I picture his form as having a prominent horn on the nose and armor plating, except he is sort of reptilian. My image for him is like a Catoblepas, which I got from Castlevania. So, he's like a dragon rhino, if that makes sense.

He was going to play a role in the sequel as well, somehow. I don't want to spoil too much in case we do get to writing it. Suffice it to say, Ivan would be involved. ;)

moseslmpg

I'd appreciate it if the people who are reading or have read this comment on it. It doesn't have to be on the whole fic, could be a chapter or a character or an item or something, even the title alone. It doesn't have to be positive either (although if it is negative, do suggest a way of improving).

I just spent a lot of time importing it here, and I'd appreciate any kind of feedback. It says there have been 495 views, and even if half of those are bots, it still leaves quite a few people who are keeping quiet.

Thanks,
~Ed.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
sure okay... not really prepared to comment but I'll come up with something to say....

.... :) ...

( can't come up with anything but the fic was really good ( that probably counts as something doesn't it)

moseslmpg

I don't want people to feel pressured to comment, but I also don't want people to be intimidated either. just because the fic is 39 posts long doesn't mean comments have to be equally wordy.

It is just that ca. 500 reads and only like 3 comments is kind of strange.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I'll give you my thoughts on this and Hollow Worlds so far after I read it all over again and give myself a chance to do it slowly/carefully, if that's okay. I'm not sure whether you'd like critique, ideas, or anything like that - I find it hard to really comment on artistic ventures in prose beyond correcting any mistakes or making polite suggestions, as any piece is a writer's own and projecting too much of my own preferences onto it would be self-defeating.

moseslmpg

I'd like whatever you can offer. Questions, critique, comments, even ideas. Mainly, I'm a question guy, and I can answer more story questions.

I just worry that the scope or magnitude of the fic makes people hesitant to comment on it, because aside from IGN, there have been very few comments wherever it has been posted. That is the only reason I can think of, give the relatively high number of responses to the smaller fics that abound. Or it could be that most of the reads are from people who aren't registered.

As for Hollow Worlds, it would probably be better if I explained it to you, as what we have now doesn't do justice to the ambitiousness of it.

Vampi

Really great Sparda fic. Best i've read. Its too bad there aren't more replies towards it. Its a really great read. I can see this being canon. I really like Azrael and Alastor. Hope you and Manny get working on the sequel soon.

moseslmpg

Maybe you should read the entire thing through again just to make sure you didn't miss anything (and I know you like the footnotes) ;)

We'll hopefully have some of the sequel done before next summer, but you know we have a lot of fics on the backburner.

Top Bottom