• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

BioShock & BioShock 2.

lafudge

&vergil.♥
Hmmm, since I didn't find any threads on either of these games, thought I'd do one. I bought my 360 purely to play BioShock because I'd played it on my friend's 360 and it really pulled me. I loved it so much. So, I have the game and I finally beat it, and wow... I really must say I do love it. Its style is so unique (not talking about it being a first-person shooter) and I must confess that at times I did jump and get quite scared, especially with the parts where you have to venture into dark bathrooms, with the two following bathrooms being quite exceptionally freaky; the one with the ballerina statues and the one where you turn around and there's some surgeon Splicer stood right behind you silently. I also found the Big Daddies quite adorable. ^_^ I really want to know what you guys thought about BioShock and if you're all excited for BioShock 2: Sea of Dreams! To go to the BioShock 2: Sea of Dreams teaser site, click here! Also, I've taken the liberty to post two links below, which contain the BioShock trailer and the BioShock 2: Sea of Dreams trailer in order to convince you non-BioShockers to play this game! You won't be disappointed! Caution for gore and content that some adults may find inappropriate for children.

BioShock trailer.

BioShock 2: Sea of Dreams teaser trailer.

VeNGeD

Cut 'Em Up!
Premium
I played BioShock on 360, I love it but I believe it's a little over rated. Don't get me wrong it's a great game but I don't understand all the praise it's getting for being so amazing.

A few other games like The Darkness and Prey, made by the same developers 2K, I don't understand why these games didn't get as much praise as BioShock. When they were released they just kind of died right away and were forgotten. I actually enjoyed playing The Darkness more than BioShock, all three were great FPS' though. If you liked BioShock I would recommend you give The Darkness and Prey a try.

In the end I guess it's all down to personal opinion but I am still looking forward to playing Sea of Dreams when it's released.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Quite liked Bioshock, the atmosphere and twisting story was excellent and looking forward to the sequel.

VeNGeD;172445 said:
A few other games like The Darkness and Prey, made by the same developers 2K, I don't understand why these games didn't get as much praise as BioShock. When they were released they just kind of died right away and were forgotten. I actually enjoyed playing The Darkness more than BioShock, all three were great FPS' though. If you liked BioShock I would recommend you give The Darkness and Prey a try.

2K Games were only the publishers of The Darkness & Prey. Starbreeze Studios were the developers (creators of Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay and Assault On Dark Athena). I was a big fan of The Darkness and also both the Riddick games. Venom Games were the developers of the 360 version of Prey and Human Head Studios (formerly Raven Software of Solider of Fortune fame) made the PC version.

Kite

Shadow DMC Player
well i played a demo of Bioshock for the PS3 and i loved it but i've still yet to the game because i'm a little low on cash, but who cares what i played in the demo blew me away i loved it, and i should get the 1st and 2nd one when it comes out.

lafudge

&vergil.♥
VeNGeD;172445 said:
I played BioShock on 360, I love it but I believe it's a little over rated. Don't get me wrong it's a great game but I don't understand all the praise it's getting for being so amazing.

In the end I guess it's all down to personal opinion but I am still looking forward to playing Sea of Dreams when it's released.

When you talk about The Darkness, are you talking about a game released for the PlayStation? As in the first PlayStation? Because I seem to remember playing on a game with that title on the PS. Its beginning was something about a boy with a skateboard and a dog, and his dog got kidnapped or something so he followed the kidnappers and ended up in a different world. Ah, I'm probably talking about a different game. But if it is the same one, I remember that I found it ridiculously difficult. :wacko: I was only eight or nine at the time though. So yeah. ^__^

VeNGeD

Cut 'Em Up!
Premium
lafudge;172533 said:
When you talk about The Darkness, are you talking about a game released for the PlayStation? As in the first PlayStation? Because I seem to remember playing on a game with that title on the PS. Its beginning was something about a boy with a skateboard and a dog, and his dog got kidnapped or something so he followed the kidnappers and ended up in a different world. Ah, I'm probably talking about a different game. But if it is the same one, I remember that I found it ridiculously difficult. :wacko: I was only eight or nine at the time though. So yeah. ^__^
No lol, I'm talking about the game for the 360 and PS3.

This one (< Click to watch the trailer)

The-darkness-Xbox-360.jpg

lafudge

&vergil.♥
VeNGeD;172536 said:
No lol, I'm talking about the game for the 360 and PS3.

This one (< Click to watch the trailer)

The-darkness-Xbox-360.jpg

LMAO. Oh, that one?! Never played on it but I've seen it around. I definitely don't think that guy would have a skateboard and jump into a demon world to rescue his kidnapped dog. xD

VeNGeD

Cut 'Em Up!
Premium
lafudge;172538 said:
LMAO. Oh, that one?! Never played on it but I've seen it around. I definitely don't think that guy would have a skateboard and jump into a demon world to rescue his kidnapped dog. xD
Lets keep our fingers crossed that he does that in the sequel...

The game you are describing sounds familiar but I can't quite put my finger on it.

lafudge

&vergil.♥
VeNGeD;172541 said:
Lets keep our fingers crossed that he does that in the sequel...

The game you are describing sounds familiar but I can't quite put my finger on it.

XD You bet! But yeah, I discovered the name of the game I was on about - Heart of Darkness. Here's the cover art.

hod.jpg

Bad Wolf

32 flavors and then some
I've played a little bit of BioShock at a local game store (with a pay-to-play system), and it is one of the games that makes me want an XBox 360. :)

I remember, at the beginning, I was admiring the graphics and the way the flames and the water looked. Then the plane exploded and I started taking damage. I hightailed it out of there like you wouldn't believe. :lol:

lafudge

&vergil.♥
GamblingGambitCloud;172562 said:
it's not Sea of Dreams anymore...they dropped that....any news on a release date though?

BioShock 2 is to be released in Q3 2009. They shift the release date around a lot. Click the link below to go to a site where they count the days down until BioShock 2's release.

BioShock 2 countdown.

cosmic master

The Eternal Insomniac
I loved the first Bioshock, saw my mate playing it on the 360 and desperately wanted it. Too bad I had towait ages for the PS3 version though :dry:
I actually haven't been following Bioshock 2 at all though to be honest, guess its time to do a bit of research :p
Always nice to see fellow Darkness fans anyway, wish that would get a sequel

Dark Drakan

Admin
Bad Wolf;172554 said:
I remember, at the beginning, I was admiring the graphics and the way the flames and the water looked. Then the plane exploded and I started taking damage. I hightailed it out of there like you wouldn't believe. :lol:

I sat there thinking 'Wow this intro is long...' and waited for ages not realising it was in game.

cosmic master;172585 said:
Always nice to see fellow Darkness fans anyway, wish that would get a sequel

It gained extra respect from me for having Mike Patton (from recently reformed Faith No More amongst many others fame) do the voice of The Darkness.

Ashstar9

I reallly enjoyed the first one as I am playing through it again. I reserved my copy of 2 after reading the article in Game Informer. It looks like it's going to be pretty exciting especially since you can wield plasmids and weapons at the same time.

Blue Rose

The Demon Hunter
i have the first Bioshock. and i actually dont care much for it. i dont know why i dont,but its jus not my style. though it was engrossing enough for me to beat all the way through. and i loved the twist torwards the end. but id rather trade it in for Resident Evil 5.:D (wanting that game soo bad.:()

Top Bottom