• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Biggest Dissapointments in DmC: Devil May Cry

Zato-OW

King
What I didn't like about this game was the game play, bosses, characters(its minor but Vergil's character was just...) and devil trigger.

The game play is fun but it feels watered down and plus it seems like weapons are useless after you get them all. It seems like the rebellion and the scythe are almost the same exact weapon. The demon axe is just flat out better then the demon fist weapon. Angel weapons are super weak while demon weapons are super strong. All the weapons have the same button commands. I HATE the fact that some enemies have to be hit with a certain weapon to damage them. It just really takes the fun out of the combat. Game play is fun but it feels watered down.

The bosses in this game was just flat out bad. Once you get their pattern down and your parrying spots then its EZ mode on and difficulty. Plus none of the bosses seems like they put much effort into. Mundus was a HUGE let down and they dropped the ball on Vergil. I don't know how they screwed those boss fights up when we have recent version of them on the PS2 that are in that era better then the ones in this era(basically Vergil and Mundus in the era of those games were much more well designed then the counter parts in this era.) All of the bosses was just a let down.The Bob fight was fun but it was super easy...

Devil trigger was horrible. I'm trying to figure out why they designed it that way instead of just giving him a transformation like the previous games. Also since hes half demon and half angel, shouldn't he be able to turn into his angle mode as well? That made no sense to me in this game.

Frazz

General gamer
To make the perfect Hack n' Slash all they need to do is make a DmC2 with more weapons, improved gameplay (DmC is really fun but more moves are required and a higher fps would be nice) and some more diverse boss'. I didn't mind the boss fights too much but I mainly felt that there should have been more with a wider variety of speed of attacks and size. Overall DmC gets a 9.3/10. :cool:

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
To make the perfect Hack n' Slash all they need to do is make a DmC2 with more weapons, improved gameplay (DmC is really fun but more moves are required and a higher fps would be nice) and some more diverse boss'. I didn't mind the boss fights too much but I mainly felt that there should have been more with a wider variety of speed of attacks and size. Overall DmC gets a 9.3/10. :cool:

i think the boss fights were less of a challenge and more of a spectacle. you just watched in awe at the art and designs of the battle. but thats neither here nor there. a sequel would be the greatest news of the year, im hoping for an announcement within the next 6 months :D

Frazz

General gamer
i think the boss fights were less of a challenge and more of a spectacle. you just watched in awe at the art and designs of the battle. but thats neither here nor there. a sequel would be the greatest news of the year, im hoping for an announcement within the next 6 months :D
Very true!! I would also love to have an announcement soon but knowing my luck a new Dm/MC game won't be announced for a long time... but I can dream! :)

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
Hm, for me it would have to be the length of the game. It didn't seem to last very long, though I still find huge replay value in it. The bosses weren't very challenging, but aside from that I love it.

ZeroLove

Gameplay: The Devil Trigger.
It was seriously underwhelming in appearance, though I do like how it has the Quicksilver style in it. I would prefer to have Vergil's Doppelganger though. It would be cool if Dante could obtain different kinds of DT and mix it up a bit.

Story: No smoking.
Seriously... This one tiny bit would make me love DmC Dante more than I love DMC3 Dante. Why? Just because...

Other: Trish.
I would like to have seen Trish in the game one way or the other.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I have no disappointments, because disappointment is born from expectations, and I had no expectations for the game, other than having a fun combat system, which I knew it had from gameplay videos and playing the demo.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
-The enemy combinations later in the game become annoying because it really strips the diversity this fun combat is capable of. It's the combat I want to stay from now on but this color coded enemy sets could take a step back.

-The bosses go out in a spectacle but the overall fights aren't a do or die test of skill. The bosses usually broadcast their attacks in patterns so it just turns into avoiding them then attack away.The final boss is worthy of any Devil May Cry though.

NoctisVI

My disappointment is that the game is easier compared to the previous DMC games (especially in higher difficulty).
The fact also that a boss represents a complete mission now. I mean in older dmc games, you had to make your way through the level and kill all ennemies and then the boss (no time to breath).
Gameplay has been simplified too.

But I still like this game :p

crush

I personally think the greatest flaw in the story in DmC is we are not even told "which side" we are on.
Vergil did say there was a war against angels/demons but he never said which he is alligned to.
Erm...Angels? Cute winged girls in white who dig Dante I suppose...

In combat I hate when colour coded enemies scram into a "formation" protecting other non-coloured enemies. They are clever, but I dread it happening XD. Also they should have added more sound effects to the weapons. Especially Osiris and Aquila have basically the same sounds.
And yeah, they should have added a taunt. If it's not "storywise" then NT could have racked theirr brains for a suitable line or something even when fighting Vergil.

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
I personally think the greatest flaw in the story in DmC is we are not even told "which side" we are on.
Vergil did say there was a war against angels/demons but he never said which he is alligned to.

Somewhat off topic, but what's the general Japanese opinion of DmC?

crush

Somewhat off topic, but what's the general Japanese opinion of DmC?

Ah...Well you might know it's currently not selling well. But people wgho played are quite surprised that DmC is DMC. They can't say why it can't be or should not be DMC because it's done creatively well.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.

Good versus evil. You can figure that out right? Vergil only cares about his motive and other people to him are just means to an end. He's willing to use them. Ironically it's just like he said, "All war is fought with deception, and you have been deceived." That's exactly what he was doing. I can assume the angels were not doing so hot in this battle because the demons are ruling the world. I'm pretty sure Dante doesn't even care about this supernatural war at the moment because his priority by the end is to simply protect the world. There is more to this story behind closed doors and subtle hints give this away. Holy sh!t something awesome just came to me.

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
Ah...Well you might know it's currently not selling well. But people wgho played are quite surprised that DmC is DMC. They can't say why it can't be or should not be DMC because it's done creatively well.

So they're not butthurt like Western DMC fan boys?

Sorry for the interview questions. I'm just curious.

Is it true that Japanese girls like Dante?

crush

So they're not butthurt like Western DMC fan boys?
Sorry for the interview questions. I'm just curious.
Is it true that Japanese girls like Dante?

They still making fun of the first trailer but that was one abnormal trailer. lol
I think the fanbase (People who likes DMC as a game) in general never thought that DmC will be a fail.
This is possibly because DmC never displayed a "Flaw" as a game I suppose.
The fans who were angry simply wanted their classic characters back and nothing else. Which is more simple than the Western fans. But they too were intrested when they heard when they could see Dante's origins.
Personally I think the most confused ones were fans of Vergil. (Or the Girls, because they like him better than Dante even in the orginal series.)
Vergil Fan: I never thought furrowed brows could be more important than silver hair...

TheNakedGun

Vergil.
1) He looks like a mafia boss, ugly character design. Dmc3's design was superb.
2) His personality. In dmc3 he was a lot cooler, a cold bastard.
3) Vergil never used weapons.

RedRose

Kael
Gameplay:

I honestly have no issues with combos, I find Arbiter extremely useful, the claw weapons obviously and good ol' Rebellion. Osiris is excellent and Aquilla isn't half bad, it just doesn't deal as much damage as much as I think it should. Eryx I don't use often but I use it more often than I ever did Beowulf. I find combos relatively easy to accomplish, most of the time i get SS ratings, only bastards that really throw me off are shielded Pathos cause they get a pretty good lock on you if you don't get the little pricks early on in the fight. Tyrants tend to be somewhat difficult as well, and Butchers....well forget about getting any good stylish ratings with them cause you have to wait several minutes for them to explode.

Guns aren't nearly as useful as melee weapons anymore which is sad as they are a trademark in the previous installments but honestly the targeting system isn't developed enough anyway for them to be truly effective. Though Kablooey is an interesting weapon, it's similar to Lucifer from 4.

I honestly like the challenge gained from being forced to switch from angel and demon mode based on environment and enemies, it forces you to switch weapons and make combos to build up your stylish meter.

Biggest complaint I have is the lack of a Bloody Palace and the pathetic amount of red orbs you receive during gameplay, but even then the reason behind that is so you don't buy items very often so players are not relying on them.

Story:

I personally liked the revised storyline, it felt deeper, more personal. Vergil had more depth in his reasoning for being a prick and Kat wasn't just a pretty face to look at, she had some depth too. You also got a feeling that her and Dante had a relationship that could have potentially been taken farther than friendship but never escilated due to events.
Kat is also one of the few female characters that is actually useful as well and plays a fairly major role in the story when it comes to character development and progression of the story. I've heard many say that her character was weak n' such but think about it, she's human, of course she's going to be weak in comparison to Vergil or Dante but if it weren't for her, Dante wouldn't have developed in the way he did and that's what set him apart from Vergil.

Other:

I am actually very fond of the soundtrack. It fits in with the theme of the game which is very grungy and industrial.
4 was very clean cut game and beautiful cosmetically so it needed a more angelic soundtrack and 3 was a very rock and roll themed game so it also got an appropriate soundtrack. The music needs to tie in with the theme and appearance of the game environment and the personalities of the characters which I think Nosia and Combichrist pilled off very effectively together.

Top Bottom