• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

BIG QUESTION ABOUT THE SPECIAL EDITION

squirrel101

So one day my brother came home and said his friend had a DMC 2 game that showed scenes of dante when he was a child. He said it was for the XBOX and it was some weird japanese version. He could have been lying just to mess with me but I'd like to know for sure. XD Cuz I'd love to get my hands on it.

Details: He said that at one point in the game it showed a scene from dante's past where he was kicking a soccer ball that has his name and vergil's name on it. It hit a car and bashed the car up. Among other scenes. So again I want to know for sure if this is real or not and I'm hoping this forum would have the answers. I've done some research and haven't come up with anything. Does anyone have any information about it? Or is it a fake?

I'm hesitant to believe my brother for he is known to lie about video games. -__- That and if this was on DMC 2 it would be unlikely to have scenes that have to do with DMC 3 right?

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
I don't recall anything like that in any of the games and I'm pretty sure there is no mention of Vergil in DMC2 at all.

Also as far as I'm aware the only DMC games that exist are 1-4 and Refrain (Ipod game) however there was a couple of games on mobile phones I think, but I'm not sure if they ever got released, you can see them here

Other than that there is the novels and manga which I haven't read so maybe he saw it in them and got confused however the scenes he described seem unlikely to me.

Oh and apart from DMC4 there has never been a DMC game of any type released on Xbox.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
There was and never will be a Special Edition of DMC2, unless you count any bonus features they put into it in DMC HD as an SE.

squirrel101

Thanks guys! I had a feeling he was full of **** but i needed to make sure. >.< It was killing me having that in the back of my mind. XD

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
well that scene is never found in any dmc game and there was no dmc 2 se and no game of dmc on the original xbox but there is a game called shin megami tensi: nocturne dante is in that game but not the main character but u could play him if i remember it right what my friend said but he never mentioned anything about a scene about dantes past but i dont really know.my thoughts your brother is lying.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I dont think its true.
So ask your brother to prove it, and if he cant, tell him he's lying and rub it in his face until the truth emerges

ps:nice avatar too....no pun intended

Top Bottom