• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Best Star Wars film?

Best Star Wars film

• Episode I The Phantom Menace

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Star Wars The Clone Wars

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
I can't argu and choose one over the other since I personally loved them all, but I can watch the first original Star Wars movie over and over. To get a little fangirlsih here, but I have such the huge fan crush on Han Solo. xD

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I love Return of the Jedi - anything pre-IV is a pile of crap and should NEVER have been made. Bad acting, bad script, bad everything. Should have left a hugely successful trilogy well alone, IMO.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
^All the stuff before episode 4 was cannon BEFORE being made into movies, even before the older movies where made it was part of the story.

It belongs in the story and I think the new ones are better.

Episide 3 was epic.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I know it was something George Lucas always wanted to make, as far as I understand, but my issues are not so much the stories but the fact that the actors sucked, Jar Jar Binks makes me want to kill myself (the comedy isn't a patch on the banter in the older films), and the obvious major advances in filming technology which makes continuity in terms of visuals difficult to maintain - the technology of the prequels within the films looks so much more advanced than the sequels which doesn't make sense - why would they regress rather than progress in terms of weaponry, clothing and the like? That sort of minor thing bugs me :lol:

And why they keep picking Ewan Macgregor for roles with anything other than a Scottish accent is beyond me - the guy just cannot do it. Not to mention that whatever-his-name-is guy who played the older Anakin - I've seen him in other films and he sucks in those too, so I know it's not just Star Wars he can't cut it in.

I just wish they'd put more effort into the script/actors than seemingly focussing on the special effects. Episode 3 was worth seeing just to see how Anakin turned bad - and all those annoying whiny kids getting killed :D

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Angel;161260 said:
I know it was something George Lucas always wanted to make, as far as I understand, but my issues are not so much the stories but the fact that the actors sucked, Jar Jar Binks makes me want to kill myself (the comedy isn't a patch on the banter in the older films), and the obvious major advances in filming technology which makes continuity in terms of visuals difficult to maintain - the technology of the prequels within the films looks so much more advanced than the sequels which doesn't make sense - why would they regress rather than progress in terms of weaponry, clothing and the like? That sort of minor thing bugs me :lol:

^Jar jar should die.

And all other points are valid, but about the technology regressing that bugged me as well.

But the later films (4 and on) do show better technology with the star destroyers being much bigger and the super star destroyers being epic and the death stars.

Although how they destroyed the first one was just stupid, I mean a tunnel that leads into the main core? If you fire a laser down it the whole station blows up? How come that never came up in development?:lol:

Underling "Yhea, the death star is.....totally indestructible.'

Darth Vader "You umm hesetated there for a sec is there something I should know?"

Underling "There is one tiny problem, there is this hole. Only about 2 meters wide, but If you fire a laser into it........the whole station blows up.'

Darth vader "That sounds like a problem, shouldn't we put a piece of plywood over that or something?":lol:

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
:lol: +rep for that dialogue alone

I think for me, watching the prequels is a bit like watching a TV show set in the 1800's and everyone has a TV in their houses - it just doesn't fit. Sure, they've entranced a whole new generation of Star Wars fans with the newer films, which is great, but the magic of the older ones is lost. The way Han Solo and Leia sniped at each other; how CP30 and R2D2 argued all the time...it was far more iconic than any of the newer ones.

And whoever thought up Jar Jar Binks ought to be shot - not to mention the fact that he talks like a preschooler. Maybe the 6 year old fans think he's awesome but to me he's a CGI nuisance who needs to see a speech therapist.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
I'm part of the new generation even though I saw episode 4 first.

I guess the characters where better in the older movies, Hon Solo is cool.:lol:

The dialogue in the above post is frum family guy.:D

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
Angel;161231 said:
I love Return of the Jedi - anything pre-IV is a pile of crap and should NEVER have been made. Bad acting, bad script, bad everything. Should have left a hugely successful trilogy well alone, IMO.

the 1st was a pill of pig sh!t...... urgh i hate george lucas

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
Darth Maul is what saved it from sucking. Anakin, even though he had gone through some serious stuff, had moments where he was f*cktardedly emo for no appearent reason. He was constantly angry even when he souldn't have been at times. Let's just say, before he became Darth Vader he was a prick. At least when he became an adult, mother was killed and after his arm was cut off by Count Dooku. Oh yes. I'd be very angry and filled with rage my self towards others, but they really went over board with this characters anger to where I didn't like him at all and really... he was asking for it. I felt so sorry for Padame.

aka958

Don't trust people
I've watched many and my fav character is by ease Darth Maul but the whole first episode wasn't that great either... Episode 3 was great but Anakin was just damn retarded and like: ''I wanna go cut myself and noone can stop me!''

Top Bottom