• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Best DMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Which DMC has the following:

Best enemies?

Best weapons?

Best characters beside Dante?

Best music?

Best lines?

Best moves?

Best attire & personality for Dante?

Best environments?

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Well since DMC4 is not available yet I will answer for only the 1st 3 of them. Although I do believe that in some things DMC4 surpasses the others. Anyway:

Best enemies? Devil May Cry. They were demonic, powerful and nice looking. Devil May Cry 2 enemies tried to be like the usual alien/devils in appearance and they were weak and ugly to boot. Devil May Cry 3 enemies were nicely done, but they seem incomplete to me (regarding the appearance). Also most of the hard ones were hard because they were annoying and not because they were cool.

Best weapons? Devil May Cry. Alastor/Force Edge/Sparda/Yamato/Ifrit and the usual range of guns. What else can I ask for. In this case I think it surpasses Devil May Cry 4, although it is too soon to tell. Devil May Cry 2 had the worst. Just the same sword moves with a different lump of steel. Devil May Cry 3 had some of my favorite Devil May Cry weapons (Yamato, summoned swords, Rebellion) but it had some pretty not cool weapons like Artemis and the rest.

Best characters beside Dante? Devil May Cry 3. Hands down. Vergil is my favorite villain and Lady my favorite female character. Devil May Cry had Nelo Angelo and Trish, but Nelo was mute and Trish a bit stupid (blonde:p) so not for me. Devil May Cry 2 did not have characters beside Dante that I like. Except if you count Trish again.

Best music? Devil May Cry. The music in some places fills you with anxiety and horror as to not know what to expect next. And Nelo Angelo's music in the 3rd time you fight him (both in the cut-scene and in the actual fight ) rules. Plus Sparda's theme in the opening and when you make the sword is my favorite Devil May Cry music. Devil May Cry 3 music was cool as well. It has from nice quiet sogs to really fast to go along with you beating the bad guys but it had some useless ones as well. For example I did not like even one boss music except some of Vergil's fights. Devil May Cry 2 had some nice songs but still can't compare.

Best lines? Devil May Cry 3. All Devil May Crys have Dante saying the coolest things but Devil May Cry 3 has Vergil as a bonus to double the cool things that can be said.

Best moves? Devil May Cry 3. The style invention was the best thing that happened to Dante. Devil May Cry 2 had a great side-move while pressing 'O' and was really useful along with some other moves but Devil May Cry 3 had way more than that. Devil May Cry had the less moves which are on all Devil May Crys anyway so it can't compare.

Best attire & personality for Dante? In here I guess Devil May Cry 4 would easily win but oh well. Devil May Cry attire is my favourite. Even in Devil May Cry 3 I use it. Dante's personality is the best in Devil May Cry as well, even though the game is the oldest and the one doing the voice acting could do a better job, but still I like how easy-going but serious at the same time he is supposed to be. Plus he seems to like reading books and stuff since you can speak to almost anything in Devil May Cry.

Best environments? Devil May Cry once again. Although 4 would probably win in this too. It has gothic like castles and creepy demonic places. Although I prefer the demonic places of Devil May Cry 3, I did not like the inside of Temme-ni-gru at all. I preferred some of Devil May Cry 2's places from the tower to tell you the truth. But still I love castles and cathedrals so Devil May Cry 1 wins.

PS: Nice thread;)

bloodyshadow

Trickster
i liked dmc3 music only coz i cant remember number 1s. i liked Dante's appearance in dmc1 or if you will his dmc1 outfit in dmc3. enemies were cool in number 3 but i rather vs marionettes than those hell pride guys coz their appearance is too similar to the hell vanguard. weapons in dmc3 ruled coz there was more than just bladed weapons, you had Cerberus and Beowulf which are both cool. dm3 had the best moves like riding on a demon while spinning and shooting as well as teleporting with trickster and all the sword master skills, what was also cool was doppleganger and quicksilver. dmc3 had good characters but i think dmc1 had some really cool characters as well like phantom, Nelo Angelo, and the boss battles were fun. dmc1 had cool environments i tend to get bored in games where your in the 1 place for the whole game, good idea of temin-ni-gru like the inside design and how it all works but i would have enjoyed a bit more outdoor stuff, although when you go to the demon world at the end stages thats cool how everything seems slow and how the path before you constructs itself ect. dmc3 had the best liners some were cheesy but they made you laugh and added to Dante's personality.

cosmic master

The Eternal Insomniac
best enemies-dmc3
best weapons-dmc1 i just loved alastor
best character besides dante-id have to say trish or virgil
best music- had to be dmc3, ive got devils never cry on my phone:cool: awesome song
best lines-hmm im not sure for best lines cos a lot of the lines were quite cheesy in my opinion (one of the things i like about it lol) id have to say dmc3 because of virgil
best moves- clearly dmc3 without a doubt just because of the styles
Best attire & personality for Dante-i liked dante from dmc1 the best. i thought he just seemed a bit too childish in dmc3 and dmc2 he didnt have a personality :lol:
best environments-i think im gonna go with dmc1 for this mainly because i just didnt like the environments from the other games.

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
I have never played DMC1 before, so, I just say DMC3!!! (Well, I have played DMC2 but of course I wasn't satisfied with anything from it)

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
i say DMC3 for all of it but i would like to say that the DT in DMC2 with the different ways of DTing

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
best enemies- Dmc
best weapons- dmc 3, Beowulf and cerberus are cool.
best character (besides Dante)- Vergil/Nelo Angelo.
best Music- Dmc3
best lines- Dmc3, you really know how to throw a good party, no food, no drink, and the only babe just left.

best moves- Dmc 3, the styles are great.
best attire & personality- Dante in Dmc1.
best environments- Dmc 2 (But they really could off done more with it). Dmc 4's environments are gonna be the best.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I looked at them all and for all of them I would have to say DMC1.
I tried to look for something that DMC1 was lacking in that another wasnt but I couldnt find anything.

Maybe DMC3 just nicks the best moves but for me thats it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom