• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Beowulf, Gilgamesh, or Ifrit

Which do you like better?

• Beowulf

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Gilgamesh

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Ifrit

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Beowulf. I see you voted Gilgamesh though. Care to explain your reasoning?

I like Beowulf because although it is slightly slow, it doesn't have huge gaps in-between attacks like Gilgamesh sometimes has. The axe-kick in the middle of combo one is the biggest offender.

I don't like Ifrit because although it's powerful, it's far too much of a contrast from the lightning-quick Alastor, so I only use Ifrit to fight Frosts, Nobodies, Plasmas, Griffon and Nightmare.

HQQR - Solid

THE AWESOME
I chose Gilgamesh because, although it has it's attacking problems. It has more speed than the other two gauntlet weapons and has a great attacking power for having such speed. It IMO of course outmatches Beowulf and Ifrit immensely in terms of convenience.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
i think ifrit is the best because of its power and moves like rolling blaze and inferno. ( i suppose gilgamesh has the same ablitys with flush and shocking but something about gilgamesh dosn't seem as good as the other gauntlets dispite the really good version of kick 13). i used beowluf alot ( vergils beowulf is even better) . gilgamesh i used a bit but my best combo in dmc4 seems to be rebellion and yamato ( darkslayer style). in dmc3 i mostly used beowulf once i got it. as vergil beowulf was what i used to crush bosses. i used ifrit about half of the time. if ifrit had as many moves as beowulf and gilgamesh it whould be the ultimate power weapon. even with its smaller moveset it is the best of the gauntlets.

HQQR - Solid

THE AWESOME
Even though Ifrit was powerful, it was still waaaayyy too slow for it to be in a class with beowulf and Gilgamesh. The lack of a thoroughly diversified move-set isn't Ifrit's problem, it's the almost slow-mo speed Dante is reduced to when using it.

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
isn't giglamesh the weapon you get from echidna the snake lady plant thing

but i like beowulf cuz it has awesome attacks like vergils lunar phase

Sparda™

Beowulf.

Has probably the most cool-looking attacks out of the three. Plus, Vergil knows how to use It.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
HQQR - Solid;214650 said:
Even though Ifrit was powerful, it was still waaaayyy too slow for it to be in a class with beowulf and Gilgamesh. The lack of a thoroughly diversified move-set isn't Ifrit's problem, it's the almost slow-mo speed Dante is reduced to when using it.

speed is not always what is needed. as long as it is usable slow is okay for a power weapon. alastor was the speed weapon.

HQQR - Solid

THE AWESOME
Eh. I guess if Ifrit suits you. I'm just saying, i'm a speed kind of guy. Gilgamesh does that for me, so its my favourite. Btw now that I think about it... Beowulf wasn't slow at all either.

Irish-DEVILMAN

1st uSUFFER Then uDie
Beowulf for me has the best moves & looks of the three gauntlets (big shiny silver gauntlets they look kinda medieval). I like the move were you attack 2 or 3 times pause a for sec & it goes into a flurry of punches (reminds me of Kenshiro from Hokuto No Ken with the 100 cracked fists). Also that cutscene in DMC3 were Vergil kills Beowulf with the Yamato then gets the gauntlets from him & destroys his body using them is class.

Although I like Ilfrits inferno move & fireball because those attacks are strong. I rate them 2nd best, the only thing I liked about Gilgamesh was the dragon punch (fecking awesome), it was an alright devilarm but I felt it was the weaker out of three gauntlets.

Karen_Azalea

Best Super Penguin ^^
Since this thread asks 'which do you like better' then I hope this will do even if it lacks reasoning or something xD
I know this sounds totally bias. I favored for Beowulf since it's the devil arm, which Vergil first possessed before Dante. I just love Vergil and all. I can't help it. :D

I know Gilgamesh is almost the same with how Beowulf is appeared. Only that, Gilgamesh is somewhat an improvised form of Beowulf in my opinion.
Still, I find Beowulf cool and the like. Especially if Vergil is the one using it. It makes the said Devil Arm even more likable. xD

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
wait am i the only one who voted for ifrit. lets see

beowulf: 9 ( winning)
gilgamesh: 3
ifrit: 1 ( since i voted for ifirit this must be me. well that's okay i don't need people to agree with me)

HQQR - Solid

THE AWESOME
Blast! Gilgamesh is in 2nd...

It's terrible, but I love everyone who voted Gilgamesh.

But in the words of Ricky Bobby- If yur not first yur last. :]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom