• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Being honest here...

For the most part, I liked Nero. I could've lived without hearing "KYRIEEEEEEEE!" every few minutes but otherwise I found him to be a fairly interesting character. As stated before, he is definitely no Dante. Johnny Yong Bosch did an amazing job as Nero. Him being the VA also makes me like Nero a little more. I liked how they made Nero Dante-esque without making him a straight up Dante clone. He was a great character. The best? Not even close. But he was still pretty great

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
I quite liked Nero. Sometimes he was serious, sometimes he would make some mild jokes. I think it's a nice compromise between Dante and Vergil's personalities. I liked that he seemed more rebellious and critical than Dante. I mean he flat out tells Sanctus that he spouts a bunch of bullsh*t. Yeah, he was a lot like DMC3 Dante I suppose, but what do you expect? He's family.
As for him screaming 'Kyrie' and all that, well, I didn't mind. It's obvious he loves her a lot, so when demons kidnap her (possibly to kill or hurt her), yeah I can understand his sorrow and anger. Seems to me he has issues, feeling like he can't protect people as well as he'd like. So when Kyrie is taken, obviously he's going to feel extra bad.

Character design is pretty good. Never thought blue and red would work well together, lol. Yeah I saw the character art, but he would've looked too gothic and dark in black (+ white) clothing. Light blue and white looked stooopid.

Did not enjoy his fighting style much, though. There's only so much you can do with two weapons (the Red Queen and the Blue Rose). Did like his Devil Bringer, but not when it comes to the story. The DB just doesn't make sense to me... it's almost like they pulled a Metal Gear Solid on us. Nero is the Liquid Ocelot to Vergil's Liquid.

Last edited:
Top Bottom