• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Bayonetta2 co op for Devil May Cry Bloody Palace

berto

I Saw the Devil
Pretty self explanatory....... Especially now that we have 5 playable characters! Thoughts?
The only issue that I can think with that is that there is no way I can play the entire bloody palace online. I would rather only get a co-op mode with fights, like Bayonetta, rather than the entire bloody palace.

Ixbran

Smashing~
Pretty self explanatory....... Especially now that we have 5 playable characters! Thoughts?
it would work, considering that Bayo2's Tag Climax also has 5 playable characters.
The only issue that I can think with that is that there is no way I can play the entire bloody palace online. I would rather only get a co-op mode with fights, like Bayonetta, rather than the entire bloody palace.
Yeah, though what they could do is the 6 stage only set up

in Bayo2's Tag Climax, your given tarot cards to chose rounds of enemies to fight, be it groups of common enemies, or a boss. what they could do is an online multi player mode that functions the same. Selecting the difficulty, a list of enemy types players would prefer to fight against, then a boss setting for the final stage. That would essentially give players the right to chose what they fight, what difficulty they fight on, and what boss to battle in the end, which would be kinda cool.

Last edited:

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
It would work, but it would only work for DMC4, because the game's use of the MT Framework engine made it so that the camera was drawn-back and manageable, due to the emphasis on aerial combat. Having multiplayer with such an efficient camera, especially over a simplistic plane like the Bloody Palace platforms, would be more than manageable.

But that **** could never work for something like DMC3, and its awful camera. You can barely see what you're fighting when you're playing it by yourself...trying to play with another player would be an absolute nightmare.

Ixbran

Smashing~
Having multiplayer with such an efficient camera, especially over a simplistic plane like the Bloody Palace platforms, would be more than manageable.
Personally if they did do an online co-op mode, I would much prefer it if they used locations in the story mode. those platforms ... eehh ... not very aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Variety in locations and enemies at the same time would make it far more interesting, not to mention make fighting enemies more interesting with more variables involved. Stage hazards, corners, halls and such. Especially if the ability to fight against a boss is made available, they would need the boss fights to take place in their standard arenas.

Wajpa

Also Viper339 on Twitch!
The only problem I see is that in DMC you can actually throw most enemies into the air. In Bayonetta you can't really do that. Imagine if you were doing a sweet air combo and someone did a Helm Breaker on the enemy you were just hitting? That would get kind of annoying in my opinion.

berto

I Saw the Devil
The only problem I see is that in DMC you can actually throw most enemies into the air. In Bayonetta you can't really do that. Imagine if you were doing a sweet air combo and someone did a Helm Breaker on the enemy you were just hitting? That would get kind of annoying in my opinion.
There are a lot of way to throw enemies into the air in Bayonetta. She can high time, grapple towards her or to the enemy, uppercut with a summon, explode them to the air, fly kick them up, that spin kick she does upward and then makes a few revolutions.

The point is that it's not about what can happen because there are moves that will do stuff that is annoying. That goes for any co op game, if your partner is a d bag or there is just no communication you are likely to not have a good time. It's about the you play with rather than the mechanics.

I know what you are saying, though, that two people on one enemy can turn into a clash between the two, but the only time that might actually be the case is with a boss. The rest of the time there'd be plenty to go around and experiment with.

Wajpa

Also Viper339 on Twitch!
There are a lot of way to throw enemies into the air in Bayonetta. She can high time, grapple towards her or to the enemy, uppercut with a summon, explode them to the air, fly kick them up, that spin kick she does upward and then makes a few revolutions.

The point is that it's not about what can happen because there are moves that will do stuff that is annoying. That goes for any co op game, if your partner is a d bag or there is just no communication you are likely to not have a good time. It's about the you play with rather than the mechanics.

I know what you are saying, though, that two people on one enemy can turn into a clash between the two, but the only time that might actually be the case is with a boss. The rest of the time there'd be plenty to go around and experiment with.

Okay, I was wrong then. Sorry, It's been a while since I played. Still, I think it was less annoying in Bayonetta because your attacks had such an incredible area of effect compared to DMC.

I personally had a pretty good experience with Bayonetta 2's coop since it's not really dependent on teamwork but I guess you could do some pretty incredible stuff with a friend using communication. I personally didn't have a chance to do that because my friends don't have the game.

Top Bottom