• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Band/Singer replacements for Dante's theme

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
With that "Suicide Silence" now taken down for good, Capcom better think things through for Dante's theme to make it hype as Nero's theme "Devil Trigger".

Hopefully with something original. What bands/singers would you like to have do Dante's theme?

Not another Combichrist.

Skillet:

Sent By Ravens:

Fireflight:

Red:

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Just as long as it's not the same pop/electronic nonsense that is "pull my Devil Trigger." PLEASE no more.

How about Blue Stahli

BFG DIvision

and YES, even Combichrist.

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
Graveshadow has made some pretty cool video game themed songs before, so I wouldn't mind them having a crack at it.

DragonMaster2010

Yeeeah no thank you on Celldweller. It sounds like the same vain as Pull my Devil Trigger and I want something more hard rock or metal. Maybe Metallica or AC/DC.

Anton Clemens

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Honestly, i would just prefer dante to have CLASSIC metal. No alternative weird metal subgenre or whatever. Just classic Metallica style music where the instrumental lead itself is legendary, though its pretty hard to find something that is as good as Metallica these days XD

Dante is too cool for old school.
Dante is OLD school though. He's a 40 yr old guy who has a jukebox and a rotary phone in his office. Hell, he basically dresses like blade from the 90's.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Just needed to mention this, and I know I'm being a wet blanket, specially when this is just fun speculation and wish lists, but just bare with it for a few.

It's not as simple as just picking your favorite Punk, Industrial, Goth, Screamo, Metal, or any combination thereof, band or group. This stuff takes years. That song, as much as you all hated it, was written for this game, and it's possible that there are more from the same band for this game we never got to hear. Deals were made, time was invested, tracks were coded and edited for ingame use, and now all that has to be done all over again and every one of those steps took money that could've gone to other, better uses. Not saying they should ignore the situation. Can't. Capcom is doing what any developer would do in their place, try to balance themselves on the razor's edge and it ain't easy.

Anyway, all I'm saying is that it won't be easy for Capcom to replace the song. Specially when the key figures for the game have one of the largest conventions in the gaming cricut going on right now and that is a shame because it's time and resources that could be put to better use.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Just needed to mention this, and I know I'm being a wet blanket, specially when this is just fun speculation and wish lists, but just bare with it for a few.

It's not as simple as just picking your favorite Punk, Industrial, Goth, Screamo, Metal, or any combination thereof, band or group. This stuff takes years. That song, as much as you all hated it, was written for this game, and it's possible that there are more from the same band for this game we never got to hear. Deals were made, time was invested, tracks were coded and edited for ingame use, and now all that has to be done all over again and every one of those steps took money that could've gone to other, better uses. Not saying they should ignore the situation. Can't. Capcom is doing what any developer would do in their place, try to balance themselves on the razor's edge and it ain't easy.

Anyway, all I'm saying is that it won't be easy for Capcom to replace the song. Specially when the key figures for the game have one of the largest conventions in the gaming cricut going on right now and that is a shame because it's time and resources that could be put to better use.

They'll probably just keep the song but replace the vocals that is probably the quicker and cheaper method although I guess Capcom may need to compensate Suicide Silence in someway.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Just ask Shootie HG and Tetsuya Shibata to do a new battle theme for Dante. Problem Solved, because they are the same guys that did the Battle 1 theme (Called "Taste The Blood.") from DMC3.

DragonMaster2010

Just ask Shootie HG and Tetsuya Shibata to do a new battle theme for Dante. Problem Solved, because they are the same guys that did the Battle 1 theme (Called "Taste The Blood.") from DMC3.
Yeah but time it would take ti make the song, remove the other song, and put theirs in to match the scripting of when the vocals kick in when climbing style rankings will take time to do; time that could possibly push back release for the game.

RadiantWolf

Conlige suspectos semper habitos.
If I treat this as "if I could only dream" then there are a few groups I'd like to see take a crack at it.... I know they WON'T but what fun is that?

Here are groups I think could get a Dante style sound going.

Subway to Sally (German Folk Metal)

Nightwish (Finnish Symphonic Metal) -- these guys have rotated members but still have this semi-operatic sound

Stratovarius (Finnish Power Metal)

Top Bottom