• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

BAD GUYS!?

Kite

Shadow DMC Player
well as you all know there is a majority of "Bad Guys" or Evil People who either try to take over the world or destroy humanity, or the Planet or the Universe

this thread is a discussion about why they do this and why can't they come up with anything better than destroying something or taking over the world and/or Universe

so does anyone have any thoughts?

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Are we talking crazed dictator bad guys here or people like, I dunno, Dr. Doom?

Kite

Shadow DMC Player
ALL kinds of bad Guys so yes dictators and Dr. Domm and Many Many More
so yeah.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Hunger for power mainly and the fact that they have to feel they are controlling people. People dont like being controlled and then conflict begins and its always the first instinct to resort to violence to remove any opposition you face.

mainly there are two reasons. Greed and Revenge.

i won't talk about Greed becuse Drakan has already talked about it.

so i will talk about Revenge

many aspects of revenge resemble the concept of justice, revenge connotes a more injurious and punitive focus as opposed to a harmonious and restorative one. Whereas justice generally implies actions undertaken and supported by a legitimate judicial system, by a system of ethics, or on behalf of an ethical majority, revenge generally implies actions undertaken by an individual or narrowly defined group outside the boundaries of judicial or ethical conduct. The goal of revenge usually consists of forcing the perceived wrongdoer to suffer the same or greater pain than that which was originally inflicted

Meryl

Fox Hound
As Alfred said in The Dark Night some people just want too watch the world burn. I think that is true in games and films as well as real life.

Kite

Shadow DMC Player
I Personally think these people need to get over themselves i mean really either it be for revenge or greed or just for the heck of it.

it's just wrong and why do they think tht way and why are they especially persistent?

you must always remember that the only thinng necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

and you should also remember that people's values change over time. And so do the leaders of a country. So there's no such thing as an enemy in absolute terms. The enemies we fight are only in relative terms, constantly changing with the times.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
Mothers.

What they really want isn't world domination, it's a loving mother. They just get lonely, and want a mother figure and they think that the best way to do it is to take over the world.

That's mine and my brothers point of view. XD

Darcy Willows

Substitute Soul reaper :D
There can be many reasons attributed to why people suddenly decide that the life they have is simply not enough and they want to go all 'world domination' on our ass's and basically take over the world:

~Boredom- not one person can say they haven't done something reckless or dangerous just to relieve the boredom, I know that I used to climb trees when bored and nearly fall out of them (Not on purpose)

~Bitterness/vengeance - some people or evil bad guys think that society owes them something, for either shunning them, being bullied in highschool because they are prematurely bald (Dr evil, austin powers) or for simply not recognizing their brilliance, which leads them to believe that they will get noticed if they simply try to take over the world

~For the thrill _ again this relates back to the whole boredom thing, some times the thrill is to relieve boredom or for the adrenaline rush that may or may not come with trying to take over the world and having to be sneaky about it.

~ Power - It creates dictators, wars, epic struggles between nations and people for power over people, to control them, that feeling when you realise noone can touch you, you are epic, legendary but of course in films they always fail, so that would be most likely a dream sequence

~ Nuture - In Dr evil's case, he was raised by belgium people to be evil and hate everything so it can be down to how the person was raised or what morals and beliefs they were brought up with and were led to believe where the only rights in this world.

Or in some cases they can be just plain psycho...

Or you can just ignore the sixteen year old who has just typed this (me) and just go about your day instead :D

Nova;172871 said:
There can be many reasons attributed to why people suddenly decide that the life they have is simply not enough and they want to go all 'world domination' on our ass's and basically take over the world:

~Boredom- not one person can say they haven't done something reckless or dangerous just to relieve the boredom, I know that I used to climb trees when bored and nearly fall out of them (Not on purpose)

~Bitterness/vengeance - some people or evil bad guys think that society owes them something, for either shunning them, being bullied in highschool because they are prematurely bald (Dr evil, austin powers) or for simply not recognizing their brilliance, which leads them to believe that they will get noticed if they simply try to take over the world

~For the thrill _ again this relates back to the whole boredom thing, some times the thrill is to relieve boredom or for the adrenaline rush that may or may not come with trying to take over the world and having to be sneaky about it.

~ Power - It creates dictators, wars, epic struggles between nations and people for power over people, to control them, that feeling when you realise noone can touch you, you are epic, legendary but of course in films they always fail, so that would be most likely a dream sequence

~ Nuture - In Dr evil's case, he was raised by belgium people to be evil and hate everything so it can be down to how the person was raised or what morals and beliefs they were brought up with and were led to believe where the only rights in this world.

Or in some cases they can be just plain psycho...

Or you can just ignore the sixteen year old who has just typed this (me) and just go about your day instead :D

i agree with what you have said. especially with this part

"Nuture - In Dr evil's case, he was raised by belgium people to be evil and hate everything so it can be down to how the person was raised or what morals and beliefs they were brought up with and were led to believe where the only rights in this world."

Top Bottom