• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Assassins Creed - Viva La Revolution!

Keaton

Premium
SOURCE said:

GameTagg said:
Former Gamespot Editor Ryan Davis, managed to steal a few words with Michael Pachter (http://kotaku.com/tag/michael-pachter/). The ’GIANTBOMB.COM’ writer managed to procure a few select details about Ubisoft’s hit-sequel Assassins Creed 2. Pachter was noted to have said that the second game is set “several hundred years in the future” or “sometime in the 1700’s”. This massive adjustment in the is taken as fact for the time being, but Pachter continued to speculate with Davis that the ‘French Revolution’ would be a likely setting for the time.

Altair' doing what he does best

Naturally this is a rumour at the moment, but Ubisoft’s title hit big with the fans and Assassins Creed is a must-own game on either the Xbox 360, PS3 and Gaming PC’s.

Although this drastic change in setting is unexpected (China or the Wild West seemed more likely), we will have to wait for more news about the sequel before we can begin pass judgement. But, all I have to say is that Ubisoft did a great job on the first title, so lets hope some of that magic continues onto the sequel - after all they have ALOT of expectations to live up to after AC1.

Sources:

Gamespot
http://uk.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=26688230

Giant Bomb
http://www.giantbomb.com/news/assassins-creed-for-a-new-era/577/

Thought some of you may be intrested in this ;)
Altair knocking off French People? o_O

(also i thought Steve (devilmaycry) would be keen to know ;) )

Sparda™

Doesn't seem weird at all. I enjoyed playing the first game on the PC and I'm looking forward to this title too.^_^

Keaton

Premium
Sparda™;145227 said:
Doesn't seem weird at all. I enjoyed playing the first game on the PC and I'm looking forward to this title too.^_^

I can just imagine the Altair character moving across teh bustling rooftops of 1700's France, imagine moving through Notre Dame, persued by Musketeers...or even reinacting the Storming of the Bastille :D

I gotta admit the French Revolution would be a 'colourful' time for an Assassin to exist ^_^

Keaton

Premium
^I agree, that was my best guess after finishing the first one, it seemed to gel alot better. But, looking at what ubisoft have available at their fingertips with 17th Century France, not to mention the fact that the are a France based developer ^_^

Keaton

Premium
^I would hope to see more of the future setting in no.2, also I would love to know what happend to Altair's Decendant especially when he was 'left for dead' BUT had the Eagle Eye ability that Altair once had :/

Sparda™

Keaton;145237 said:
^I would hope to see more of the future setting in no.2, also I would love to know what happend to Altair's Decendant especially when he was 'left for dead' BUT had the Eagle Eye ability that Altair once had :/

The future setting will of course appear in this part too. He wasn't quite 'left for dead'.

If you use the Eagle Eye on Lucy, you can see she's an ally, which could mean she may be a member of the Assassin's Guild infiltrated there.

I think AC2 will give Desmond the other full abilities of his descendant in Paris, and part 3 will give us full access to Desmond.

It is to be reminded that the events in Assassin's Creed, are three months prior to December 21st 2012.

Keaton

Premium
Sparda™;145256 said:
I think AC2 will give Desmond the other full abilities of his descendant in Paris, and part 3 will give us full access to Desmond.

I'm not sure, I heard rumours not long after AC1 that there would be another person in the future whom has their decendant accessed. Wether this is Altair's decendant or family it was unknown, but iirc they left Desmond at the institute incase they needed him. But, as I recall, they were going to kill him initally before (as you said) Lucy stepped in.

So, its all a bit up in the air, it would be nice to see someone new enter the story, but tbh I would still prefer it to be Desmond and a decendant of Altair.

Sparda™

I don't think they will drop Desmond with just one game, but everything is to be expected though.

If the game is titled Assassin's Creed, I doubt any other assassin is such famous in the Guild than Altair.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Awesome news. I love Assassin's Creed^^. I agree though that Desmond won't be replaced so soon. In my opinion he's the true main character of the game given that the story begun with him getting caught and ending with him acquiring Eagle Vision. The whole Abstergo building there (well I say whole but we were only able to see less than a complete floor) was full of weird marks/symbols/writings/numbers (which were visible only through Eagle Vision) so that must have a few reasons behind the whole incident. After all we have Lucy on our side (and maybe more people that may appear in part 2) and Abstergo hasn't got all of those artifacts yet so...;)

Sparda™

Tony_Redgrave;145306 said:
Awesome news. I love Assassin's Creed^^. I agree though that Desmond won't be replaced so soon. In my opinion he's the true main character of the game given that the story begun with him getting caught and ending with him acquiring Eagle Vision. The whole Abstergo building there (well I say whole but we were only able to see less than a complete floor) was full of weird marks/symbols/writings/numbers (which were visible only through Eagle Vision) so that must have a few reasons behind the whole incident. After all we have Lucy on our side (and maybe more people that may appear in part 2) and Abstergo hasn't got all of those artifacts yet so...;)

Exactly my thoughts. I also think that those marks were meant to lead to somewhere.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
France? That dissapoints me, I really was hoping for China.

Meh, 18th Century France sounds fun, running around on the rooftops of Notré Dame sounds fun, nonetheless.

kanna-X-freak

I hoped that the second game would take place in Japan or some other exotic country but well...running through old France doesn't sound bad. Just how are they gonna do the rooftops? I mean, in France aren't flat roofs like in the Near East...right? How is an assassin supposed to run on a roof like that? :lol:

Top Bottom