• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Assassins Creed V

Location?

• Japan

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Egypt

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

RisenProphet

Savior of the Unknown
From what I've read about the Easter egg in AC4, the possible locations for the next in the series are Egypt or Japan. Personaly I think either would be awesome, but what's your opinion on which would be better?

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I wouldn't mind either. Both places have a rich cultural history. But, as I have to choose, I'll go with Japan.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Japan. Honestly thought they would have gone for that scenario earlier in the series tbh.

Dark Drakan

Admin
People have been talking about Japan forever so its bound to crop up in game sooner than later so I would hope it was one of their next thoughts. ACIV did lots right and corrected plenty of things I disliked with ACIII so hopefully they take the next game a step in the right direction again.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Actually I heard Ubisoft doesn't wanna do Japan. They say that there are enough stealth ninja games out there and for Assassin's Creed to be a sort of ninja stealth game would be "way too predictable".

For me, I'd like to see an Assassin's Creed in the old western times of cowboys and Indians and all that. Kind of like a spaghetti western style.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Actually I heard Ubisoft doesn't wanna do Japan. They say that there are enough stealth ninja games out there and for Assassin's Creed to be a sort of ninja stealth game would be "way too predictable".

For me, I'd like to see an Assassin's Creed in the old western times of cowboys and Indians and all that. Kind of like a spaghetti western style.
Assassin's Creed set in Korea could be the "Japan" and ninja Assassin's Creed without being predictable. Let's see, potential naval battles? Check. Unique weapons? Check; the repeating crossbow and Korean swords include single-edged katana-esqe swords and double-edged swords. Large amount of combat arts? Check; we have Taekwondo, Hapkido, Ssireum, Taekyyeon, Korean swordsmanship, knife-fighting, and archery along with others. On the Japanese side we have Karate, Judo, Aikido, tons of weapon styles, and others. Beautiful landscapes? Check. Korea would be a great place for Assassin's Creed to visit.

Also, Japan is kind of "done" by Ubisoft through the (web)comics that involves the Yakuza, the Onmoraki-Gumi, instead of ninjas and such. From what they're leading up to, Gavin Banks a sworn pacifist Assassin and Yakuza-Assassin, Kiyoshi Takakura, could be potential playable modern assassins.

Personally, as I may have said before, I would like Assassin's Creed to take place in France, somewhere in Africa, India, South America, England, Ireland, and Scotland; somewhere in Polynesia like the Philippines or Malaysia, Thailand, Myanmar (Burma), Laos, Vietnam, and/or Cambodia; Eastern Europe, Germany, Austria, etc. Anywhere would work besides the usual North America, Japan, and sometimes Hong Kong.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"

That's just Alex Hutchinson's bullshit. There are no and i mean no authentic stealth ninja game( Probably aside from Tenchu) out there. Japanese themselves can't even make a ninja game without super powers and over the top moves.

Anyway aside from Japan, probably China.

assassin__s_creed___another_tale__chapter_7_by_chaoyuanxu-d5236b4.jpg

assassin__the_incident_of_xuanwu_gate_by_chaoyuanxu-d5qpzj2.jpg

assassin__s_creed___another_tale__chapter_8_by_chaoyuanxu-d5383w8.jpg

assassin__s_creed_korea_main_character_concepts_by_kangjason-d5owrgk.jpg

assassin__s_creed___another_tale__chapter_4_by_chaoyuanxu-d4yns1c.jpg

assassin__s_creed___another_tale__chapter_2_by_chaoyuanxu-d4x4rof.jpg

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.

What ninja games are stealth besides like Tenchu? I think the video game industry thinks ninja= hack n slash stuff dressed in an elaborate ninja halloween costume.
images

Ninja_Gaiden_Coverart.png

150733-I-Ninja_(USA)-1.jpg

Also "Ninjas"
d5a487d14ae93cd0c7cf300b07f4dfb6_38692_source.jpg

Stupid Naruto.

If you ask me, stealthy ninja games would be new.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
And as much as I think AssCreed should go on a long hiatus or basically just die, I just might come back to it if they make AssCreed Ninjas.

As much as I loved the pirate setting I don't want AssCreed pirates. I would like something that's like GTA pirates or something.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
What ninja games are stealth besides like Tenchu? I think the video game industry thinks ninja= hack n slash stuff dressed in an elaborate ninja halloween costume.
images

Ninja_Gaiden_Coverart.png

150733-I-Ninja_(USA)-1.jpg

Also "Ninjas"
d5a487d14ae93cd0c7cf300b07f4dfb6_38692_source.jpg

Stupid Naruto.

If you ask me, stealthy ninja games would be new.
There's Mark of the Ninja which came out in September 2012.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
That too. I loved that game.
Aside from old-school Ninja Gaiden and Shinobi, I can't think of any other 2D ninja games like this, let alone a 2D stealth game like this. There's Shadow Complex and Deadlight, but one's a 2.5D, sci-fi Metroidvania with Nolan North and the other's a zombie apocalypse with noir-styled art. Shank is another cool 2D game, but it's more like NG and Shinobi rather than Mark of the Ninja; it's more combat focused than stealth focused.

Deadlight.

Reven by Varia Games. Hmm, I wonder what they were inspired by? Super Princess Peach? Banjo & Kazooie? Psychonauts? Call of Duty? The Legendary Starfy? Nope, none of those. They were probably inspired by The Sims.

The Final Offer

Isn't Assassin's Creed.....Prince of Persia open world?

Anyways, I'd go with Egypt. The whole set up of robbing sarcophaguses and setting off traps inside of a pyramid is salivating. I believe what would really make the Egypt setting is the myths that come with it. Temples are a definite. Underground passageways. Pharaoh armors. The scripts on the walls. You can't tell me, it wouldn't be awesome to see an oasis or to endure the mirages.

The cities in ancient Egypt would be a delight to see.

With Japan, you'd only be doing the ninja scenarios over and over again. It's been done far too many times before, it's cliche' if you ask me and I'm tired of it.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
With Japan, you'd only be doing the ninja scenarios over and over again. It's been done far too many times before, it's cliche' if you ask me and I'm tired of it.

Give me a good ninja game where it actually had stealth(and good stealth mechanics) aside from Tenchuu.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Isn't Assassin's Creed.....Prince of Persia open world?

Anyways, I'd go with Egypt. The whole set up of robbing sarcophaguses and setting off traps inside of a pyramid is salivating. I believe what would really make the Egypt setting is the myths that come with it. Temples are a definite. Underground passageways. Pharaoh armors. The scripts on the walls. You can't tell me, it wouldn't be awesome to see an oasis or to endure the mirages.

The cities in ancient Egypt would be a delight to see.

Pretty much, except for that Assassin's Creed puts a larger emphasis on equipment affecting traceurs or free-runners. In Prince of Persia, especially the Sands of Time series, the Prince had armor, heavy-looking swords, and once had chains embedded in his left arm. That's still a lot of weight and with the Prince wall-running and such around, it does seem more fantasy-like than Assassin's Creed, which is what Prince of Persia is: a fantasy-based game. In Assassin's Creed, sure there are those "Hollywood" moments to add to the drama and stuff, but rarely will you see a character no matter how light they're carrying, wall-run and perform other really flashy or epic actions. In Mirror's Edge, it's fine because all Faith's wearing are light clothing while carrying light packages to deliver compared to Connor and Edward Kenway who are wearing heavy robes and are armed to the teeth or Desmond whose knowledge of parkour mostly stems from his ancestors and not modern or his own style of parkour. Seriously, with Desmond's clothes and little gear, he could move much faster than Connor or Edward could. Darksider's Death, the inFAMOUS heroes, Metal Gear's Raiden, and [PROTOTYPE]'s heroes are superhuman so they can and will parkour like mad. Speaking of which, then what about Sam Fisher and Aiden Pearce? Sam's probably trained to peak human status or so, but like a warhorse, his skills are based on having heavy gear while moving silently and efficiently. Aiden on the other hand is wearing a leather overcoat which would impede his movement. That said, it's probably done for drama purposes, but if there's customization, then it wouldn't matter since one player's Aiden would be wearing heavy, shifty clothes and the other simple, inconspicuous, light clothing.

Back on the matter, I remember that Prince of Persia leak.
leaked-ubisoft-screen1.jpg

So wherever it's place in - probably somewhere in the Middle East or maybe Egypt -, it could either be Prince of Persia or Assassin's Creed. With Assassin's Creed 3 featuring Connor who is more muscular and heavyset than Ezio, Altair, etc., it could be possible to see a rougher Assassin. For one, he could be an escaped warrior, slave, or soldier who finds sanctuary in the Assassin Order. Or it's a completely unrelated game Ubisoft wanted to make.

The Final Offer

Give me a good ninja game where it actually had stealth(and good stealth mechanics) aside from Tenchuu.

Ninja games that give you the option to sneak around or go all guns blazing?

Well, you're not a ninja in alot of these game, but you can do ALOT of ninja moves.

Splinter cell. (I actually felt like a ninja)
Hitman.
Thief.
Metal Gear Solid.
Tenchu (Cause you can't just take my option out.)
Chronicles of Riddick.
Batman Arkham series. (We're all aware Batman is a ninja in a costume?)
Dishonored.
Metal Gear Revengeance (You can do stealth. Ninja box)

Anyways, you're argument is that we don't have enough ninja stealth games. So, tell me, aside from these games I've mentioned. What new things would another stealth game based around swords, smoke bombs, ninja stars, etc; do for us? We've done this several times before ya know.

Also, AC4 had some of the best ideas since AC2. That exploration in the Jackdaw, treasure hunts, etc; They saw something that hasn't been done too often and made it one of the best things ever.

I love ninjas (which is why I play Warframe) but, they're overdone. AC would be doing the exact same thing with barely any new ideas.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Anyways, you're argument is that we don't have enough ninja stealth games. So, tell me, aside from these games I've mentioned. What new things would another stealth game based around swords, smoke bombs, ninja stars, etc; do for us? We've done this several times before ya know.

That's the point. All those games exist but it's not an actual "ninja" so to speak who are doing it. The use of Katanas, kusarigama, smoke bombs, ninja stars in an "authentic" or semi realistic way in a video game would be something new. Also i asked you to give me an actual "ninja" game with good stealth and you gave me none because there is none.

Also, AC4 had some of the best ideas since AC2. That exploration in the Jackdaw, treasure hunts, etc; They saw something that hasn't been done too often and made it one of the best things ever.

Yeah, i agree. I believe ACIV is the best AC game probably on par with ACII for me. But i still believe it strays too far from actually Assassinating people. The Nemesis system and the wraith system from Shadow of Mordor is what Assassin's Creed should have since I or II, as those system especially the wraith system makes interesting mechanics for dispatching your foes.

I love ninjas (which is why I play Warframe) but, they're overdone. AC would be doing the exact same thing with barely any new ideas.

I don't think having a semi-realistic or an authentic ninja game with actual stealth would be overdone. The only overdone here is the fact they were always depicted as inaccurate killing machines.

I'm also not excited for a Assassin's Creed Egypt. It would only look awfully lot like Syria. The best thing we can do is to wait. Since we all know there will be an another Assassin's Creed game this year(Aside from that expansion). I would be surprise if we aren't getting one.

Top Bottom