• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ask the Staff Anything

LeoXCV

Single life for life
Hey, I got a decent question to ask related to my future college work :)

What would you like to see in a web app based around this site/DMC series site in general? (From a user and staff perspective)

Dark Drakan

Admin
Hey, I got a decent question to ask related to my future college work :)

What would you like to see in a web app based around this site/DMC series site in general? (From a user and staff perspective)

What would you regard as a Web App?

LeoXCV

Single life for life
What would you regard as a Web App?
An app that uses internet access to display information/features, such as this site being linked into it to show all forums etc.
Offline features can be used as well though. Such as downloading parts of the forum archive maybe to view when not connected to the internet.

Dark Drakan

Admin
An app that uses internet access to display information/features, such as this site being linked into it to show all forums etc.
Offline features can be used as well though. Such as downloading parts of the forum archive maybe to view when not connected to the internet.

Interesting idea, could use it to track watched threads and keep an instant track of notifications etc.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
All knowing and all powerful Staff.

In gameplay terms. If you were stranded on an Island. What would the theme of the Island be? Who would you be stranded with? And what's your mission/outcome?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Id only do it because first id have to experience it to get into the right frame of mind and get some ideas for the game, for research purposes of course.

Well you'd have to know how best to 'put...it' ;)

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Hi guys,
So I've got a couple of serious questions.

1.) Is anyone on staff (or members) able to create new forum emoticons? I'd like to have one smiley holding a banner stating DS IS AWESOME. I'd also like to petition for an emoticon of a bunch of smileys holding flags that read LoD fans.

2.) My laptop keys are stuffed up. I push 1 it comes out 1a, I push a it comes out a1, or sometimes 1a. I push d it comes out ]d. I've tried cleaning the keys and tapping it a bit incase something got stuck but nada works. So I've resorted to using an external keyboard for typing. Has anyone ever experienced this before, or is it just me and my luck?

Thanks!
:)

Dark Drakan

Admin
Hi guys,
So I've got a couple of serious questions.

1.) Is anyone on staff (or members) able to create new forum emoticons? I'd like to have one smiley holding a banner stating DS IS AWESOME. I'd also like to petition for an emoticon of a bunch of smileys holding flags that read LoD fans.

2.) My laptop keys are stuffed up. I push 1 it comes out 1a, I push a it comes out a1, or sometimes 1a. I push d it comes out ]d. I've tried cleaning the keys and tapping it a bit incase something got stuck but nada works. So I've resorted to using an external keyboard for typing. Has anyone ever experienced this before, or is it just me and my luck?

Thanks!
:)

If someone created that emoticon im sure Steve would be happy to add it.

My girlfriend had sort of the same thing after she spilled juice on hers. Lots of the keys input came out as something totally random or didnt work at all. She simply resorted to using a USB keyboard instead.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Hey guys, another question I got for yous.
Could you please censor out the words God and Jesus Christ on the forum.
Ta! :)

Ryuuou

The King Of Chinese Dragons
Premium
Supporter 2014
One thing. Would love to have more forum style options. I just changed from default to XenForums just now.
Would be really cool with more to choose from. Time needs change. Agreed?

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Hey guys, another question I got for yous.
Could you please censor out the words God and Jesus Christ on the forum.
Ta! :)
... you do realize that doing that would make it impossible to properly discuss Mundus (who is a god and the main villain of the series.), the main villians of the games that don't include Mundus (who all want to become gods), Sparda and the Order of the Sword (who worship Sparda as their god)? Because it would do that which would make it impossible to discuss DMC which would negate the purpose of having a site called Devilmaycry.org. It would also make it impossible to discuss any other games that include a God or gods (such as Bayonetta which is basically an unofficial part of DMC)

It would also make make disscusions of religion impossible (acutually that would probably be a good thing but it's not worth interfering with the main purpose of the forum (talking about DMC).

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
... you do realize that doing that would make it impossible to properly discuss Mundus (who is a god and the main villain of the series.), the main villians of the games that don't include Mundus (who all want to become gods), Sparda and the Order of the Sword (who worship Sparda as their god)? Because it would do that which would make it impossible to discuss DMC which would negate the purpose of having a site called Devilmaycry.org. It would also make it impossible to discuss any other games that include a God or gods (such as Bayonetta which is basically an unofficial part of DMC)

It would also make make disscusions of religion impossible (acutually that would probably be a good thing but it's not worth interfering with the main purpose of the forum (talking about DMC).
Good point. Maybe just censor out Jesus Christ then? My other approach was to drop hints that it's something that bothers me, also asking people to please not slander God's name all over the place hasn't worked. I'm not talking about the mention of God or gods in Devil May Cry, I mean when people say things like God Almighty! or god dammit, or oh my God, etc etc. That's referring directly to my beliefs. I'm not one to go around chastising people for doing this, because it's become so mainstream that people don't even think about what they say or what it implies. I've approached a friend about it, had a good chat about it, a few days later it was straight back to habit so I've got a lot of people on my ignore list, and some of them actually ARE my friends.
I dunno. Maybe I should just quit the forum. Who cares, anyway.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Good point. Maybe just censor out Jesus Christ then? My other approach was to drop hints that it's something that bothers me, also asking people to please not slander God's name all over the place hasn't worked. I'm not talking about the mention of God or gods in Devil May Cry, I mean when people say things like God Almighty! or god dammit, or oh my God, etc etc. That's referring directly to my beliefs. I'm not one to go around chastising people for doing this, because it's become so mainstream that people don't even think about what they say or what it implies. I've approached a friend about it, had a good chat about it, a few days later it was straight back to habit so I've got a lot of people on my ignore list, and some of them actually ARE my friends.
I dunno. Maybe I should just quit the forum. Who cares, anyway.

Don't quit.
TBH DS, I know not to 'blaspheme' on the forums because I think of you and your beliefs. Also, I know there are other Christians out there.
It's learning to 'censor' yourself. I really try and think about what I say before I post, but i would never use those words because I know it would upset you.

Top Bottom