• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Anything on Sales Yet?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Well unless it sold 0 copies on Ps4 and XboxOne in NA and EU it is 84 K (well of course It can be 84K and 1 if you count my copy) = )
I don't think it was even meant for that though. XD

Just an information thread.

tumblr_inline_mqog5y19XK1rxrips.gif

It's over now, kiddies. Daddy LoD said so. let it go now.

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
I hope you three realize that whether 100k or 84k won't mean a damn thing either way if no Devil May Cry exist anymore. But here you three are, arguing like children over which verison of power rangers is the better version, when it doesn't even matter since neither version is continuing on.
and you Dragon, C'mon. I know you. You're better then this.

As for sales, DmC did well for itself all things considered. I was expecting trench low sales but 100k is actually a pretty damn good hight.

funny part is that DMC4: SE needs more then 2 weeks to reach the DmC: DE sales considering this was suppose to be the "fan favorite" version of Devil May Cry and was, as someone on here once quoted; "going to sell like hotcakes"...yeah those hotcakes are looking pretty cold right now.

But on topic; I think the sales for DmC are as good as they'll get. Despite all the hate and all the fanboy crying over the change, DmC: DE was still able to break 100k. A pretty good number.
DMC4: SE needing to catch up with anything DmC is a funny picture to think about in itself.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Well It's not like people shouldn't be happy. DmC did well, have a victory over it.

But on topic: Sales?

Like you said; 100k seems like it'll be the most it goes.
I wonder if Capcom will just mix DMC4: SE sales with DmC: DE sales. If they mixed them in under the Devil May Cry name, then a continuation could come.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I hope you three realize that whether 100k or 84k won't mean a damn thing either way if no Devil May Cry exist anymore. But here you three are, arguing like children over which verison of power rangers is the better version, when it doesn't even matter since neither version is continuing on.
and you Dragon, C'mon. I know you. You're better then this.

As for sales, DmC did well for itself all things considered. I was expecting trench low sales but 100k is actually a pretty damn good hight.

funny part is that DMC4: SE needs more then 2 weeks to reach the DmC: DE sales considering this was suppose to be the "fan favorite" version of Devil May Cry and was, as someone on here once quoted; "going to sell like hotcakes"...yeah those hotcakes are looking pretty cold right now.

But on topic; I think the sales for DmC are as good as they'll get. Despite all the hate and all the fanboy crying over the change, DmC: DE was still able to break 100k. A pretty good number.
DMC4: SE needing to catch up with anything DmC is a funny picture to think about in itself.
*Accuses somebody of arguing about sales* *Proceeds into continuing argument about sales himself* No that's classy xD

Bazilican

Like you said; 100k seems like it'll be the most it goes.
I wonder if Capcom will just mix DMC4: SE sales with DmC: DE sales. If they mixed them in under the Devil May Cry name, then a continuation could come.
yeah that 84k will do wonders lol

But seriously, I could care less whether DMC gets a sequel or not. if DmC and DMC sales together do nothing for Capcom, then Devil May Cry is Dead. RIP, D.E.A.D, Done-zo, dead. And everyone can blame Capcom for being money grubbing.

All we can do now is hope and see if DmC and DMC can do something.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@Bazilican
I can see your point. However, taking into account the sh!tty business practise adopted with SE, with DLC, microtransactins, and above all, no physical copies in the West, almost reaching what DmCDE accomplished in months and across all platforms internationally after only 2 weeks (can very well be more, since that 85k doesn't count West console sales) and without counting XOne and PS4 sales in EU and NA is something.

Want a fair comparison? Compare DmCDE's sales 2 weeks after its release with current (even though incomplete, as it lacks XOne and PS4 sales info in the West) SE numbers.
Or wait 3 months and then compare SE sales to current DE sales.

Bazilican

*Accuses somebody of arguing about sales* *Proceeds into continuing argument about sales himself* No that's classy xD
That was like a few post ago. We're done with that. Now we're talking about the sales of DmC and DMC. Don't derail this thread man.

@Bazilican
I can see your point. However, taking into account the sh!tty business practise adopted with SE, with DLC, microtransactins, and above all, no physical copies in the West, almost reaching what DmCDE accomplished in months and across all platforms internationally after only 2 weeks (can very well be more, since that 85k doesn't count West console sales) and without counting XOne and PS4 sales in EU and NA is something.

Want a fair comparison? Compare DmCDE's sales 2 weeks after its release with current (even though incomplete, as it lacks XOne and PS4 sales info in the West) SE numbers.
Or wait 3 months and then compare SE sales to current DE sales.
So now the most beloved hack n slash franchise needs a handicap? lol okay. Which ever one does better makes no difference to me.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
That was like a few post ago. We're done with that. Now we're talking about the sales of DmC and DMC. Don't derail this thread man.

So now the most beloved hack n slash franchise needs a handicap? lol okay. Which ever one does better makes no difference to me.
Wait what handicap? Because from the look of it it sold almost same amount in 2 weeks as DmC in 3 months? You call it handicap?

Last edited:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Again, allow me to express myself.

This is NOT another DmC vs DMC comparison thread. What amazes me is how you lot are all arguing over what is essentially this - "How much has DMC: DE sold to date?".

You've practically turned it into "Hey look at sales for DMC 4: SE for no reason and argue over which one will continue".

We have threads to discuss this already. Go to them. Stop derailing this thread, all of you.

I will not be saying it again. It stops or unfortunately it'll stop either way. But you won't get off lightly, may I remind you of that.

Bazilican

Wait what handicap? Because from the look of it it sold almost same amount in 2 weeks as DmC in 3 months? You call it handicap?

eeeeeh kinda is with all the hype that was going behind DMC4: SE. But now look at it; barely in the 100k with nothing to its name like it use to have.

Fine. I don't care for what's got them all bunched up. All I'm saying is that DmC's sales did well for itself and that's all that matters.

But I end it here since...well there's not much more to say...
...pfft 84k

Last edited by a moderator:

Judge

I don't think it was even meant for that though. XD

Just an information thread.

It was just an information thread yeah.

Holy damn man, LOL!

You expect Capcom to immediately start developing a full game when not even a month has passed since SE? Wow, hold your horse, pal!
Didn't they say Devil May Cry's future is undecided?

Well I thought Capocm would already be developing DMC5 or the next installment secretly behind the scenes for at least 6 months or a year. These things take a long time to develop, so I honestly expected the next game to be in development already.

It they leave it too late it will be to far in the console generation it will be too late.

Last edited by a moderator:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Well I thought Capocm would already be developing DMC5 or the next installment secretly behind the scenes for at least 6 months or a year. These things take a long time to develop, so I honestly expected the next game to be in development already.

It they leave it too late it will be to far in the console generation it will be too late.

Well if they're developing it secretly, then no wonder we don't know anything about it, right? ;)

It's the point of being secret.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
I really didn't have high expectations for either honestly.
Still, 100 k aint to bad, and 84 k in 2 weeks without a physical release sounds pretty good to me.
I also think a lot of people have this mentality that's like "I don't care what they add, I aint buying the same game twice"
Not me obviously, cause I did buy both...again (Yeah, while I would have liked a physical copy, DMC4 is now my first digital game.....yay)

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
All I'm saying is that DmC's sales did well for itself and that's all that matters.
Yeah, I agree. It made a profit, and it got decent reviews. The Definitive Edition is one of the best action games I've ever played, so as long as I enjoy it, who cares right?

DantesLink

Premium
Supporter 2014
Do we have an update on the sales for DmC DE yet? Or are we still in the dark? I saw DmC nominated in one of the top ten lists for 2015. No its not going to get anywhere near Batman, Witcher or Bloodborne, but it seems to have gone down well with the fans. Not sure how many new people bought it though.
Sadly, I doubt it. Unless it had hit some ridiculous numbers, our only official statement will be from Gregaman.
While I'm not a fan of using VGChartz, its the only numbers we have (Just take it with a grain of salt):

1st Week: ~75K Physical
2nd Week: ~96K Physical
Latest Update (June 20th): ~140K Physical

s.png

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Sadly, I doubt it. Unless it had hit some ridiculous numbers, our only official statement will be from Gregaman.
While I'm not a fan of using VGChartz, its the only numbers we have (Just take it with a grain of salt):

1st Week: ~75K Physical
2nd Week: ~96K Physical
Latest Update (June 20th): ~140K Physical

s.png

Didn't VGChartz report false numbers with Devil May Cry before? I remember a discussion a long time ago where it was shown that it did.

DantesLink

Premium
Supporter 2014
Didn't VGChartz report false numbers with Devil May Cry before? I remember a discussion a long time ago where it was shown that it did.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the DMC3-SE numbers had some shenanigans involved. If there was any other source I could have used, I gladly would have.

Top Bottom