• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Anyone know the end of Vergil's campaign cutscene yet?

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Yeah... a cheap copy of the whole "persona" manifestation from Persona 3/4 and P4 Arena/Ultimax.

Last edited:

Veloran

I remember that Kobayashi, the producer, once said that people were mistaken when they thought that the phantom behind Nero was Vergil. That thing is Nero's DT and what Nero really looks like when in DT.
I think Nero's DT was confirmed as the manifestation of his own soul.
Yes, but at the same time we know there's a degree of reflection of parentage in Devil Trigger. Dante's ultimate version was Sparda in DMC1, and even in all the other games Dante and Vergil have both had certain elements from him.

DMCGamer1989

Yes, but at the same time we know there's a degree of reflection of parentage in Devil Trigger. Dante's ultimate version was Sparda in DMC1, and even in all the other games Dante and Vergil have both had certain elements from him.
And if I recall correctly, Dante's Majin Form from DMC2 resembles Sparda greatly. If you ask me, I think that id Vergil was alive during DMC4, his DT would have looked like Nero's.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Actually, I think the reason Dante looked like Sparda was because he was using his sword. According to cannon the sword wouldn't DT because it would only ever do so again once against a very specific opponent.

Yes, Nero's DT looks like Vergil's but that's because he is using Vergil's sword.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I thought it was just hinting at Vergil being his father. But yeah, I believe that the theory I stated works in conjunction with "Vergil's Tachi being responsible for Nero's DT" theory.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Guy is crazy about family and legacy.
He sired the boy just like a horse would do, but a horse would care more about his cubs.
Typical villain who cares about family and legacy would produce intentionally his children and raise them himself.Not the case.If he wanted to be or even surpass his father, he wouldn't act like this.
Trying kill and torture your brother in every possible is not care.It's psychopathy.
Good you still believe in every there is a silver line in every cloud, but I just can't see the cloud either.

berto

I Saw the Devil
You guys know that there is no concrete evidence that the boy is Vergil's, don't you?

He sired the boy just like a horse would do, but a horse would care more about his cubs.
Typical villain who cares about family and legacy would produce intentionally his children and raise them himself.Not the case.If he wanted to be or even surpass his father, he wouldn't act like this.
Trying kill and torture your brother in every possible is not care.It's psychopathy.
Good you still believe in every there is a silver line in every cloud, but I just can't see the cloud either.
First of all, let's say that Vergil is the father, you are assuming that he knew he had a kid. He wouldn't be the first father to not know he was one.
Second, why wouldn't he act like this if he wanted to surpass his father? He is trying to be a greater legend than his father not a better father which, again, it's assuming he knows he is one.
Third. Torture? When did he torture Dante? Kill him, sure, it's not like Dante was trying to tickle him, he aimed at Vergil first. When you fight someone with a sword and a gun you are not trying knock him out, you are shooting and slicing said person.

I'm not going to pretend that Vergil is a good person, even if he is a tragic figure and it's understandable what he did, those are not excuses, but that doesn't mean I don't love him as a character and a villain.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@Gel
Seriously, you're making up a lot of stuff, really. You've also been saying a lot of wrong or false statements about Vergil, as well as pretty wild assumptions based on nothing, basically.

Cause this ending is the nothingness, at the end of the day.

Gel

Premium
You guys know that there is no concrete evidence that the boy is Vergil's, don't you?
That shadow could say a lot, but paying 25 dollars to know what we already know (or not)...Blah

Seriously, you're making up a lot of stuff, really. You've also been saying a lot of wrong or false statements about Vergil, as well as pretty wild assumptions based on nothing, basically.
I know, because there is nothing to say. In the end of the day, Vergil is just "exactly what say in the tin".

Anyway, this story "est fini" at this point. Probably this is the last game from DMC saga and neither a good ending "là Tatsunoko" we had.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
paying 25 dollars to know what we already know (or not)...Blah

LOL excuse me, but who the hell would do that? Paying just for cutscenes? That'd be crazy even if they were the best ever done.

It's a videogame, and a stylish action game at that, not a point n click adventure, what gives it value firstly is the gameplay.

I mean I can understand you - kind of... after all the warnings I gave you ;) - but that's really crazy talk as far as I'm concerned xD

Gel

Premium
LOL excuse me, but who the hell would do that? Paying just for cutscenes? That'd be crazy even if they were the best ever done.

It's a videogame, and a stylish action game at that, not a point n click adventure, what gives it value firstly is the gameplay.

I mean I can understand you - kind of... after all the warnings I gave you ;) - but that's really crazy talk as far as I'm concerned xD
Darling, I'm not a pro! I like the"story" or I liked the "story", gameplay was a bonus.I would pay for a game just for the cutscenes, the same way people pay just for the gameplay. C'est lá vie!
AND, you already should known you can argue with the heart of a woman.It's a loss of time!With V's return, women were expecting a lot and it fell beyond expectations.:tongue:
Anyway, isn't there an extra scene, according to the new urban legend?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Anyway, isn't there an extra scene, according to the new urban legend?

*shrugs*
Dunno. If there is, and is triggered by killing a high number of demons in the credits, I'll do my best to meet that requirement. Or just wait till someone uses Super Vergil.

GabrielXx

@Gel you would pay 60 bucks for cutscenes you can see for free on youtube ?..sigh anyway this ending did not show anything. it was just vergil with the shadow of nero's DT there is nothing here

Top Bottom