• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

anyone for Japanese drama

so anyone beside me watch some Japanese drama?

if yes tell us about it

i am watching

Title: Fuurin Kazan / Furin Kazan / Fûrin Kazan

Also known as: Samurai Banners

Episodes: 50

350px-Fuurin_Kazan%28NHK%29-banner.jpg

this Historical Drama is about a life story of a lonely genius of strategy at the Age of the Civil War in the 16th century. called Yamamoto Kansuke. The drama portrays how those who fight for their dreams face their destinies in the turbulent age.

here is a video for the drama

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpdrJdpYwMM

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Well,I do.Here some of the Japanese dramas I watched.:)

1.Hanazakari no Kimitache e

the_boys_from_Hanazakari_no_Kimitac.jpg

Synopsis

The drama is based on the popular manga of the same name by Nakajo Hisaya, which has already been dramatized in Taiwan. Horikita plays the protagonist Ashiya Mizuki, a Japanese girl in the U.S. who one day sees the young athlete Sano Izumi (Oguri) compete in the high jump on television. She begins to idolize him, and decides to move to Japan to attend the same school as him. However, Izumi goes to an all-boys school, so Mizuki disguises herself as a boy to achieve her dream of being with her idol.

Review: One of the best Japanese drama ever.I laugh at every episode.I am glad having the DVD for this drama.Girls who like handsome guys should watch this.Boys who like hot girls also should watch this.:)

2.Binbo Danshi

AERE.jpg

Synopsis

Koyama Kazumi is a poor but optimistic college student who firmly believing that there are more important things than money. Despite his own poverty he ends up taking on other people's debts and faces various challenges to pay off those debts.

Review: Very funny,sad and good drama.The main star,Oguri Shun is a great actor.The role he acts is so sad,which makes me sad seeing him being such a good guy.I am touched that he always thinks of other people before himself.

3.Stand Up!!

ASDA-1.jpg

Synopsis

Four schoolboys find themselves the last virgins left at school. During the summer holidays, a girl they knew as children 11 years ago, moves back to the neighborhood. Despite their childhood attraction to her, they realize she is a mere shadow of the "princess" they all thought they knew. This story of summer - love, friendship, school, family, the hypocrisy of adults, complications of life, experience and failure is set in an everyday shopping district and shows the clumsiness of children who have developed a little later than their peers. It's a bright romantic comedy that both young and old can appreciate.

Review: A very funny drama.Four virgin boys who are determined to lose their virginity.It is amusing how desperate they are.Very funny drama.

4.Gokusen

AAs.jpg

Synopsis

The story of a young, idealistic teacher who enters Shirokin Gakuen with hopes of making a difference in the students' lives. However, Yamaguchi Kumiko (Nakama Yukie) is in for a rude awakening when she finds that she will be the homeroom teacher of 3-D, the hardest class to maintain in the school. The students have multi-colored hair, sloppy uniforms, and show absolutely no respect to her. The leader of the class, Sawada Shin is lazy but bright and shows some interest in Yamaguchi when he notices that she is very different from other teachers. The students try to bully her to make her quit, but their attempts don't get them very far.

What the class and the rest of the school does not know is that Yamaguchi Kumiko is actually the 4th generation heir to the Ooedo Group, a notorious yakuza clan. Even though her family would like her to take the title of Ojou when her grandfather dies, they have accepted the fact that Yamaguchi would rather be a teacher.

Eventually, the students learn to respect their quirky teacher because of her devotion to them, and even give her a nickname: Yankumi.

Review: A very great drama.Has great storyline,a little bit of action,and nice characterisation.Some kind of gangster drama,but fun to watch.

5.Great Teacher Onizuka

ADSWD.jpg

Synopsis

The drama series is based on the manga and anime of the same name, both created by Fujisawa Tohru. The story is a sequel of lesser known series Shounan Jun'ai-gumi (Shounan Love Gang) where Onizuka Eikichi's rogue high school days are depicted.

Sorimachi Takashi plays Onizuka Eikichi, a graduate of a third-rate University and the leader of a motorcycle gang, whose lifelong dream is to become a teacher. After being hired by a seemingly eccentric director, Onizuka begins his unconventional way of teaching a hopeless group of troublemakers. Although he meets much opposition from the students and teachers themselves, his passion for teaching, and more importantly, his students, eventually convinces everyone that Onizuka truly has the makings of a great teacher.

Review: Very great Japanese drama.Comedic,action and touching at the same time.A must watch drama.

6.Galileo

QDWEW.jpg

Sypnosis

In "Galileo," Fukuyama Masaharu plays a genius physicist and university associate professor, Yukawa Manabu, who solves difficult mysteries. Affectionately known as Tantei Galileo ("Detective Galileo"), Yukawa is brilliant, an all-round sportsman, tall and handsome but eccentric. Yukawa's partner is a rookie cop, Utsumi Kaoru (Shibasaki Kou), a hot-blooded woman with a strong sense of justice.

Review: A great drama,full of mysteries and suspense.Very much like CSI TV series,although Galileo has it's own unique taste.May sharpen your Physics skills.

7.Trick

ADA.jpg

Synopsis

Although 23 year old Yamada Naoko (Nakama Yukie) is a "super" magician, she is continously fired and constantly hounded by her landlady for the rent being late. After being fired once again, her boss shows her an ad of a physics professor, a non-believer of all things magical, offering money to anyone who can prove to him that magic is real. Desperately needing the money, Naoko accepts the challenge, which is how she comes to meet Professor Ueda (Abe Hiroshi). Falling prey to her simple magic tricks, Ueda is impressed, and enlists Naoko to help him uncover the tricks behind a local cult. Their hilarious antics, along with those of police officer Yabe, leads them onto further mysteries, all with tricks needing to be solved in sort of an "X-Files" meets "Scooby-Doo"...

Review: A great mystery drama.Quite funny,and has many weird cases which makes the drama worth to watch.

Blizzardmon

Hell Rasier
I watch a drama called Jigoku Shōjo
Jigoku_shoujo_live_action.png

Most episodes are self-contained short stories in which the series narrates the suffering of a different individual caused by one or more antagonists. A website known as 地獄通信 (Hell Correspondence or Hotline to Hell) may only be accessed at midnight by one who harbors a desire for revenge against their tormentor. Should someone submit the name of someone against whom they have a grudge, the Jigoku Shōjo (Hell Girl) will offer them a straw doll with a red string wound about its neck. If the string is pulled, she will ferry the target of the revenge straightaway to Hell, however the client agrees to a pact where those who request her intervention will also be sent to hell at the end of their natural lives.

During each story, the protagonists' dramas are explained in detail from the start of their grudges, through the escalation of their torment until it becomes unbearable and they resort to accessing the Hell Correspondence website. The contents of the site are only a text: "あなたの怨み、晴らします。" (あなたのうらみ、はらします。) (Anata no urami, harashimasu.) (We will take revenge, on your behalf.)", a text box where the grudge's object must be written, and a "送信" (Send) button. Some time after the post, they are visited by Enma Ai, a young red-eyed girl wearing a traditional sailor school uniform (usually the dark version used only in winter months). She hands them a straw doll, which is actually one of her assistants, with a red string tied to its neck. In the first season, the doll is always black, because it is always the same assistant, but in the second season, the doll may also be red or dark blue, depending on which assistant it is. She then tells them that if they want their vengeance to be delivered, they must remove the string from the doll, and their enemies will be immediately taken to Hell. A black crest-shaped mark will appear on the protagonists' chests, which serves as a constant reminder that once their lives come to an end, they must give compensation for Ai's service by having their own souls also sent to Hell.

Ai is aided by her three assistants: Ichimoku Ren, a young man in casual clothes who takes the form of the blue straw doll; Hone-Onna, a woman wearing a kimono with the obi (sash) tied in front which signifies she is a prostitute and takes the form of the red straw doll; and Wanyūdō, an old man wearing a hat and, at times, a red scarf, who takes the form of the black straw doll. When not actively assisting Ai, the three remain in their straw doll forms. The trio help Ai investigate the true nature of their clients, and also present the victims with the sins they have been accused of before Ai appears to ferry them to hell.

In episode 8 of the first season, two recurring characters are introduced: A journalist named Shibata Hajime - a former scandal-hunter/blackmailer who turned to investigating the stories involving the Jigoku Shōjo; and his daughter Tsugumi. After an encounter with Enma Ai, Tsugumi starts to have visions of what Ai sees and thus the two become more and more involved in Ai's matters. Hajime doesn't agree with Ai's methods to deliver vengeance for her clients, and tries to stop those who contacted Jigoku Shōjo from using her service with Tsugumi's help.

In season two, the major plot line revolves around Takuma Kurebayashi, a boy who is blamed by his townsfolk for causing disappearances around the town, which was actually caused by the townsfolk who used Jigoku Tsūshin.

Stylish Nereezy

the lone soul reaper
^^idk it just depends on you're taste Suicide Circle and Battle Royale 1 and 2 are must sees especially if you're still in high school

Bad Wolf

32 flavors and then some
There's a live action version of GTO? I gotta check that out! :D

So far as Japanese live-action dramas go, I've really only seen the first few episodes of Densha Otoko in Japanese class a couple of years ago (I actually do have the entire series; I just haven't gotten around to watching it), the first few episodes of Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, and the first episode of Jigoku Shoujo.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
I would like to start watching some more japanese TV, but im not sure because i dont know how many have subs, so i stick to my anime lol

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Blizzardmon;110453 said:
I watch a drama called Jigoku Shōjo
Jigoku_shoujo_live_action.png

Most episodes are self-contained short stories in which the series narrates the suffering of a different individual caused by one or more antagonists. A website known as 地獄通信 (Hell Correspondence or Hotline to Hell) may only be accessed at midnight by one who harbors a desire for revenge against their tormentor. Should someone submit the name of someone against whom they have a grudge, the Jigoku Shōjo (Hell Girl) will offer them a straw doll with a red string wound about its neck. If the string is pulled, she will ferry the target of the revenge straightaway to Hell, however the client agrees to a pact where those who request her intervention will also be sent to hell at the end of their natural lives.

During each story, the protagonists' dramas are explained in detail from the start of their grudges, through the escalation of their torment until it becomes unbearable and they resort to accessing the Hell Correspondence website. The contents of the site are only a text: "あなたの怨み、晴らします。" (あなたのうらみ、はらします。) (Anata no urami, harashimasu.) (We will take revenge, on your behalf.)", a text box where the grudge's object must be written, and a "送信" (Send) button. Some time after the post, they are visited by Enma Ai, a young red-eyed girl wearing a traditional sailor school uniform (usually the dark version used only in winter months). She hands them a straw doll, which is actually one of her assistants, with a red string tied to its neck. In the first season, the doll is always black, because it is always the same assistant, but in the second season, the doll may also be red or dark blue, depending on which assistant it is. She then tells them that if they want their vengeance to be delivered, they must remove the string from the doll, and their enemies will be immediately taken to Hell. A black crest-shaped mark will appear on the protagonists' chests, which serves as a constant reminder that once their lives come to an end, they must give compensation for Ai's service by having their own souls also sent to Hell.

Ai is aided by her three assistants: Ichimoku Ren, a young man in casual clothes who takes the form of the blue straw doll; Hone-Onna, a woman wearing a kimono with the obi (sash) tied in front which signifies she is a prostitute and takes the form of the red straw doll; and Wanyūdō, an old man wearing a hat and, at times, a red scarf, who takes the form of the black straw doll. When not actively assisting Ai, the three remain in their straw doll forms. The trio help Ai investigate the true nature of their clients, and also present the victims with the sins they have been accused of before Ai appears to ferry them to hell.

In episode 8 of the first season, two recurring characters are introduced: A journalist named Shibata Hajime - a former scandal-hunter/blackmailer who turned to investigating the stories involving the Jigoku Shōjo; and his daughter Tsugumi. After an encounter with Enma Ai, Tsugumi starts to have visions of what Ai sees and thus the two become more and more involved in Ai's matters. Hajime doesn't agree with Ai's methods to deliver vengeance for her clients, and tries to stop those who contacted Jigoku Shōjo from using her service with Tsugumi's help.

In season two, the major plot line revolves around Takuma Kurebayashi, a boy who is blamed by his townsfolk for causing disappearances around the town, which was actually caused by the townsfolk who used Jigoku Tsūshin.

Jogoku Shoujo drama is kinda good.Although I prefer the anime series,both seasons.:)

vergistar;110590 said:
I really dont watch any Japanese drama are they even worth watching

Of course they are worth to watch.Japanese dramas are good.:)

Bad Wolf;110594 said:
There's a live action version of GTO? I gotta check that out! :D

So far as Japanese live-action dramas go, I've really only seen the first few episodes of Densha Otoko in Japanese class a couple of years ago (I actually do have the entire series; I just haven't gotten around to watching it), the first few episodes of Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, and the first episode of Jigoku Shoujo.

You should watch GTO drama series.It is one of the best drama series.Although a slight warning that there are some nudity throughout the series.Besides that,this drama is great.:)

Densha Otoko is very good.Nice and fun drama to watch.I don't like Sailor Moon lice action drama,as it is too catchy and boring,the anime is better.:)

Top Bottom