• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Anyone else sad with the fact that Vergil is awfully quiet during combat?

BananaPie

So I watched an entire walkthrough of Vergil's Downfall (Couldn't help it :D) and noticed that he rarely grunts or cues any sound whilst attacking of any sort compared to any other character in any DMC game (Even the first one).

AlchemistFromEden

So I watched an entire walkthrough of Vergil's Downfall (Couldn't help it :D) and noticed that he rarely grunts or cues any sound whilst attacking of any sort compared to any other character in any DMC game (Even the first one).
nope, his voice was very annoying in dmc3 imo, of course the new guy did an excellent job with the voice but still i'd prefer him being alittle more on the silent side

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I wished he did a few more grunts though. Then again, i felt Vergil's grunts in DMC3 were him straining to do attacks, thus making him feel weak.

SuperDante007

Nope, I have the DLC (thank you preorder) and the way he moves and fights, he doesn't need to grunt, he seems much more focused in combat than the rough and tough Dante, he is precise and I don't want to spoil it for anyone but very, very dark in this story so the silent type fits him well :)

seraphmaycry

yeah i personally like it that way it fits vergil a lot better then randomly shouting: go to hell, **** of, ****, what in the ****ting hell is that etc

darkmanifest

Unleash the blood
Huh, I thought he was pretty vocal, actually. He was in serious pain most of the time and the voice actor made sure we knew it. I winced every time it sounded like he was getting his heart torn out all over again.

Romy

I didn't expect him talking while he was wounded, but once he beat Hollow Vergil and got max corrupted, I expected some words coming out of his mouth because his ego boosted up. DMC3 is far better in that department.

SuperDante007

Huh, I thought he was pretty vocal, actually. He was in serious pain most of the time and the voice actor made sure we knew it. I winced every time it sounded like he was getting his heart torn out all over again.
This! Yeah especially in the beginning, you jump or pull off quick moves and you can tell he is struggling... A lot of people are saying they didn't like the story of this DLC but I personally loved it. It's just so damn... DARK, you can see the dark places Vergil's mind goes and people are saying it is him having a hissy fit but remember (SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS) Eva tells him he is DEAD!! As far as he is concerned, Dante portrayed and KILLED him, as if he wouldn't go to dark places and that is where his devil side comes to he surface, casting away his humanity. TBH, I would of loved if they had made Mundus seem as evil as Vergil goes. In a sense, he probably feels he couldn't even defend himself thus needs more power and according to him, caring about Dante, Kat etc... people who as far as Vergil is concerned, turned on him and killed him actually made him weak so he decides to cast those connections aside and become much more powerful... it's clever when you think about it, there is a deep metaphorical story here that shows his descent into madness :) Peace out guys

darkmanifest

Unleash the blood
This! Yeah especially in the beginning, you jump or pull off quick moves and you can tell he is struggling... A lot of people are saying they didn't like the story of this DLC but I personally loved it. It's just so damn... DARK, you can see the dark places Vergil's mind goes and people are saying it is him having a hissy fit but remember (SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS) Eva tells him he is DEAD!! As far as he is concerned, Dante portrayed and KILLED him, as if he wouldn't go to dark places and that is where his devil side comes to he surface, casting away his humanity. TBH, I would of loved if they had made Mundus seem as evil as Vergil goes. In a sense, he probably feels he couldn't even defend himself thus needs more power and according to him, caring about Dante, Kat etc... people who as far as Vergil is concerned, turned on him and killed him actually made him weak so he decides to cast those connections aside and become much more powerful... it's clever when you think about it, there is a deep metaphorical story here that shows his descent into madness :) Peace out guys

I completely agree, that's what I got out of it, especially the metaphor. I actually liked this DLC more than the main game, because I empathized with Vergil a lot while still shaking my head at all the bad choices he was making for the sake of power and vengeance. His mind is breaking under the weight of his own agony and despair and it's pretty intense to watch. I wish Mundus had been that evil, too, but part of what makes Vergil's descent so disturbing is that he started off as a more or less good guy with positive intentions, and we see him throw it away piece by piece. That couldn't have been done with Mundus without starting him off as a good guy, too, which I personally wouldn't have liked. But yeah, overall it's a pretty dark and cool side story.

zarion

Which playthroughs have you been watching?
Vergil grunts, pants and gasps in pain throughout the whole first mission.
In Mission 6 he's just downright annoyed and wants to get the heck out of Hell.

Top Bottom